Author Topic: Space Station Farsearch Four - The hybrid test RP - OOC  (Read 12748 times)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
Re: Space Station Farsearch Four - The hybrid test RP - OOC
« Reply #15 on: October 02, 2009, 03:48:52 pm »
What do you have in mind?
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Mr. President

• Wizard of Wor
  • Obama Delta Hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: October 02, 2009, 03:58:11 pm »
What do you have in mind?

To use my post as an example; i referenced the house of Roh, others could then make passing laces to how their character met up there as in "He worked as the House of Roh’s chief engineer” or "she worked for the chief rivals of the house of Roh." This also implies that there is a royal system with houses, so many could also make up their own houses, one might even fill out much of the back-story just with aside remarks in the post.
No, get a label gun and shoot them with labels like "Bad guy #1" "Bad guy #2" Slightly badder guy" "Guy that thinks he is bad but is really good and just confused"

Hopefully a joke.

Beat ya to it opera.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: October 02, 2009, 05:16:11 pm »
When exactly have space stations ever flown through space? I was under the impression that a space station means Station aka Stationary, and that once it starts to move around, it is called a ship. Unless we're doing it Wexxian style with RIT generators or w/e to move...

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: October 02, 2009, 08:34:01 pm »
Name: Walter Norton

Role: Ambassador

Bio:  The position of Chief Ambassador for Farsearch Four could be seen in two ways.  The chance to be the first representative to new lifeforms is the opportunity of a lifetime.  Then again, being a diplomat on an isolated spacecraft with no function to perform unless by some incredibly slim chance you find intelligent life, on a mission where all predecessors have failed spectacularly, is a bit less appealing.  Walt saw it as being sent out to pasture.  That is, a pasture on the side of an active volcano.

Walter Norton has served the empire for decades, first with a stellar military career and then in the diplomatic ranks.  However, due to some events out of his control and some which were very much in his control, he fell out of favor with the powers that be.  Unable to be fired thanks to his tenure and otherwise impeccable record, it was decided that Norton would instead be "honored" with a position on Farsearch Four.  Resigned to his lot, Ambassador Norton has decided to make the best of his situation.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 02, 2009, 09:56:32 pm »
Name: Fenrir Valkyr
Role: Chief Chef
Biography: As a young boy Fenrir was abandoned by his father to be raised by his mother. He was bullied for his lack of a father and at age 16 decided to punch the kids back. Upon hitting one of them he was filled with a feeling of power. He began to become the people he hated and, once his mother found out, was sent to various military camps. There he began to grow more violent and became friends with the cook. The cook taught him about food and eventually Fenrir decided to try cooking on his own. Upon returning home he began taking his anger out on meat. Hanging hams that weighed up to 35 lbs from chains in his room and took to them with a cleaver. During this time he became a heavy drinker and this lead to many self inflicted injuries. Chopping at a ham he, foolishly, grabbed the chunk and swung, chopping of his index finger. He thought of this as an assault from the ham and hacked at it again and again, putting out his right eye. Felling hated by God he began treating food more gently and upon his 28th birthday joined the marines as a chef in the mess hall. Now he is working as the head chef for Farsearch Four.
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 02, 2009, 10:14:09 pm »
I'm just wondering since apparently the crew was handchosen by the captain, how an alchoholic and violent chef got on board.

Also, that kinda reminds me of the premiseof treasure island actually.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 02, 2009, 10:40:59 pm »
Hmm. Right. A fluke. >.>
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Yossitaru

• SunDog Pilot
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 02, 2009, 10:51:31 pm »
This is a rather weak story of senseless violence and a weak redemption. Maybe if you focused more on the time with the marines, and less with the random violence, we might have something here. As is, we have a sub-par cook who has a missing eye and finger, with the liability of going on another food related madness.

What I see here isn't something Deion would be looking for in a team of the "best of the bests".
Virus Buster.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:10 am »
I want want to make the average quality of my posts go up at least some, so I want to try out at RP.  Hybrid style at least seems a bit less complicated.

Name: Susan Deriben
Role: Biologist
Biography: Susan had been interested in plants and animals since she was a little girl.  She aced her high school biology and chemistry classes and then attended Yake University for 6 years and was awarded a Master's Degree +30 in Biology and a Master's in chemistry.  After finishing her college, she started her biology life when she was 25.  She teamed with other biologists and she has discovered various new species and plants.  Susan was eager to look for alien lifeforms and was chosen by the captain of the Farsearch 4 as the head biologist of the crew.

« Last Edit: October 03, 2009, 07:00:07 am by TimeMaster »
:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 03, 2009, 06:18:50 am »
Wrong, this system is slightly more complicated due to the rolls.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 03, 2009, 06:38:29 am »
Wrong, this system is slightly more complicated due to the rolls.
Darn, but I'll give it a shot anyway.

Offline Tesla

• Street Fighter Champion
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: October 03, 2009, 06:46:09 am »
This planet has a Yale university too?
No way dude, you're trolling me.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #27 on: October 03, 2009, 06:55:20 am »
Maybe it's named after a person in the planet named Yale and not the actual Yale University of Earth. ???

Then again, that's just my first thought. I dunno for not sure, of course. :)

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: October 03, 2009, 06:59:51 am »
I meant it to be Yake University. . . it was based on the name Yale, but I accidently put on Yale instead.  :-X

It's changed now.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: October 03, 2009, 07:23:07 am »
This is a rather weak story of senseless violence and a weak redemption. Maybe if you focused more on the time with the marines, and less with the random violence, we might have something here. As is, we have a sub-par cook who has a missing eye and finger, with the liability of going on another food related madness.

What I see here isn't something Deion would be looking for in a team of the "best of the bests".
Right.. I'll edit the bio a bit.
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.