Author Topic: "Epic Mickey"  (Read 9672 times)

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
Re: "Epic Mickey"
« Reply #30 on: October 16, 2009, 09:47:24 pm »
Killer Whale Robot!

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: October 16, 2009, 09:54:20 pm »
But a giant hamster robot would be lulz
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #32 on: October 16, 2009, 09:54:32 pm »
Actually, I say that because I own the stitch set of these:

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: October 16, 2009, 10:11:53 pm »
I want that Simba/Scar set damnit! The Stitch/Gantu one too!

Anyway Gantu was a villain in a Stitch game too, you know that Experiment 626 game for the PS2(it was fun as hell). So Gantu might be more recognizable to people even though Hamsterveel did appear in the later on stuff, also Gantu was there for the beginning thats a big plus for him. So they will probably use him over Hamsterveel. I always saw Hamsterveel as a I'm just here to be a mastermind villain for the plot character. There are tons of other villain characters more suitable for that job.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #34 on: October 16, 2009, 10:13:49 pm »
Too true.  Good luck on getting any Tronics, they were park exclusives and were made for a single season.  They were only made in, I believe it was 2003.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #35 on: October 16, 2009, 11:15:24 pm »
B-b-but Gantu is liek teh anti-hero of Lilo&Stitch... D:

http://i422.photobucket.com/albums/pp309/dndfreak/TronicsSet.jpg

Do they have one of those for Pinocchio and Monstro?

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #36 on: October 16, 2009, 11:26:28 pm »
No, it was only those six.

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #37 on: October 16, 2009, 11:37:44 pm »
Dang.

A fight between a giant robotic replica of a wooden boy puppet being piloted by said wooden boy puppet and a giant mecha-spacewhale being piloted by a giant non-spacewhale would've so awesome! :(

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #38 on: October 19, 2009, 03:52:18 pm »
I got the mag today.  Turns out, I was right when it's an Oswald v.s. Mickey thing, but all of the other enemies were cartoons from the 30's as well. This does include Pete, but most notable is the "mad doctor".

The story begins in 1928, when Oswald the Lucky Rabbit is lost in a legal dispute and replaced by Mickey Mouse.  Oswald, as you can imagine, is pissed.  He wants his fame, his fortune, he wants Walt's attention.  He want's his life back, but his younger brother Mickey stole it.

"In the analogous fiction of Epic Mickey, the sorcerer Yensid crafts a beautiful world for [disney's] forgotten creations, and Oswald is its earliest resident.  This wondrous place bears an uncanny resemblance to a certain Disney theme park and its many attractions, and sits on a table in the sorcerer's study as an intricate model.  Stepping through a magic mirror from his home, Mickey stumbles into Yensid's study and becomes fascinated with the elaborate set.  Ever the troublemaker, Mickey waits for Yensid to leave, and then proceeds to fiddle with the model, accidentaly spilling paint and paint thinner all over the newly minted world.  Hearing the sorcerer's return and fearing discovery, Mickey hurriedly cleans up and flees back to his home, soon forgetting his transgression and proceeding on through years of fame and glory"  -GameInformer

However, the spill he caused warped the new world into a wasteland ruled by the infamous Phantom Blot.  Oswald and the other forgotten cartoons fight bravely to ward it off, but it overwhelms them and turns their fantasy land into a warped and twisted nightmare.  Mickey remains oblivious to this, until years later when the Blot emerges through the magic mirror and pulls him into the world of the forgotten.

The core mechanic lies in the paintbrush mickey holds as he is carried down.  Glittery or denoted areas can be drawn upon with a flick of the wrist to create platforms and walls, while enemies and structures made of the paint spill can be taken care of with a splattering of paint thinner.

The game also has a karma system, with various rewards and abilities earned depending on whether you rebuild or destroy the wasteland.

One of the unique parts that I look forward to is the setting.  In one level, for example, you enter the basement underneath It's a Small World, a room full of rotating conveyours, pendulums, cogs and gears, while the famous song plays backwards.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2009, 11:54:45 am »
http://www.1up.com/do/newsStory?cId=3176702

Apparently, Spector is interested in not only making this a trilogy, but he wants to do a remake of Duck Tales.