Author Topic: "Epic Mickey"  (Read 9668 times)

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
Re: "Epic Mickey"
« Reply #15 on: October 03, 2009, 06:58:23 pm »
I think my childhood just died a little bit.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #16 on: October 03, 2009, 07:01:52 pm »
*hides shotgun*

Oops.

Offline Gauphastus

• Ice Climber
  • Hey, man.
    • View Profile
    • Gauphastumblr
« Reply #17 on: October 12, 2009, 05:19:47 pm »
"Ma all the gods of furious strong be with you as you crunch opposents, and live like a windrammer as you f**k."
       ~Ricky Wangstrom

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #18 on: October 12, 2009, 05:48:59 pm »
Looks frickin beastly.

Still waiting for my copy of GI.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 12, 2009, 06:14:54 pm »
Hades mecha torso/back looks like a cartoon car to me. I wonder......

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: October 12, 2009, 06:20:40 pm »
Arms remind me of the lasers in Lilo and Stitch.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: October 12, 2009, 06:25:34 pm »
Well that is the Disney style after all. It looks like Hades from Hercules mixed with that Spiderguy from Monsters Inc, mixed with Lilo&Stitch weaponry.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: October 12, 2009, 06:25:54 pm »
Arms remind me of the lasers in Lilo and Stitch.
I was thinking the same thing, except it was the eyes that made it look like Stitch.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: October 12, 2009, 06:35:44 pm »
Theory: The machines took over Disney Land.The machines then proceed to rip each lovable Disney characters into bits and pieces. After that they rebuild said characters as Frankenstein monasteries. Having lost some pieces to certain characters in the slaughtering the machines mix two or more characters together. Resulting in steampunk cyborg monster(s) to roam the park. Mickey is the only one to escape.

Probability: Zero. Disney would never kill off all their charaters in such a fashion expect one..... Would they?

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline FROMAN

• Journey Groupie
  • =ω=
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: October 12, 2009, 06:40:15 pm »
But remember who Disney just bought, Marvel may add a bit of a twisted sense to Disney.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: October 12, 2009, 06:41:02 pm »
I hope they would, it would be awesome...

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #26 on: October 12, 2009, 09:27:20 pm »
Well first of all, you have to consider the game's focal mechanic: using the wiimote, the player will "paint" entire parts of a level Okami style.  I've lost my source, but I've been affirmed by the cover art on GI that shows Mickey holding a paintbrush.

My bet is that it's a cycling of the old game titled Disney Villains, in which a line up of disney villains from the classic animation shorts stole some magical storybook and rewrote the endings.  In this case, they broke into the notorious Disney Vault.  Either that or something to do with Yensid's famous hat.  In either case, the villains, jealous of Mickey's fame, have altered the world as we know it to make them the stars.  Given the concept art of the destroyed epcot ball, I'll bet that they either escaped to our dimension or the change in the movies of the past altered the present in a cliche time traveler trick.  Either way, Mickey is left standing and has to fix the movies/put the villains back to make things right.  I guess I have two story theories, but only one ties in to the whole Okami thing, so I'll give it a whirl:

The 13 classic villains, the queen from snow white, the stepmother in cindirella, Maleficent, Captain Hook, Scar, Cruella DeVille, Pete, Ursula, Jafar, Gaston, Hades, Shan-Yu, and Frollo, all of them have an eternal jealousy of the mouse.  The 13, let's call them XIII, they have a plan to go back in time, alter their movies, and steal the spotlight from Mickey.  Guess who heads this plan.. Oswald The Lucky Rabbit, the character whose fame was stolen right out from under his nose.  Anyways, he and the XIII steal the sorcerer's hat from Yensid and use it to traverse time and alter all the films.  Little did they know that changing the past would destroy the future.  Without the icon of hope that Mickey should have become, the world is in ruin after a nuclear fallout.  The few remaining things left, due to their intangible nature, are Oswald, XIII, and Mickey.  Well, them and cockroaches :P.  Anyways, Mickey embarks on a quest to defeat Oswald, reclaim the hat, and fix the movies to make history the way it was supposed to be.  Of course, XIII won't let that happen so easily, and they have an arsenal of post-apocalyptic weaponry lying around.  Mickey, armed only with his trusty magic paintbrush (they made it into software, it's plausible), must keep himself alive long enough to take Oswald down and restore peace to the world.

Probability: 20%  Based around all we know so far, but the problem is that we don't know much.  I kinda blended together my two theories on this one, and it's the angle I'd take if I was on the dev team for this game.

Time to wait and see.

Edit:  Forgot to mention the Oswald spoiler, my first leak I caught said that the plot involved a cast of old chars jealous of Mickey's fame.  Who's older than Oswald himself?

Edit:Edit: Some Villains that could be part of the XIII

Chernabog
Headless Horseman
Horned King
Shere Kahn
Clayton
Professor Ratigan
Rourke
Big Bad Wolf
Edgar
Madame Medusa
Percival McLeach
Prince John/Sir Hiss
Stromboli
Yzma
Queen of Hearts
Gantu
« Last Edit: October 12, 2009, 09:54:58 pm by dndfreak »

Offline Fink

• Elevator Action Operator
  • I have more stars than you
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: October 16, 2009, 09:13:13 pm »
I'm going with what I heard on the giantbombcast. An Epic Mickey sounds like something you would do in bed <_<  >_>

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #28 on: October 16, 2009, 09:35:04 pm »
If they manage to include Lilo&Stitch, they'll probably choose Dr. Hamsterveel over Gantu, since he is more of a misguided good guy compared to the evilness that is Hamsterveel.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #29 on: October 16, 2009, 09:45:27 pm »
True, but Gantu is older, more recognized, and a lot more intimidating when turned into a giant robot.