Author Topic: Episode 5 Posted  (Read 9841 times)

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
Re: Episode 5 Posted
« Reply #15 on: March 26, 2005, 01:11:05 pm »
That was a great podcast, Steve. I especially liked the part about the possibility of game employees being unionized. I see someone already mentioned the test server. A lot of people in my guild got invites to the server (I think it's invite-only, and only allows lvl 60s) so I was surprised that no-one in your guild heard about it. *shrug*

I haven't hit 40 yet, so it's still smooth sailing. I am excited for battlegrounds, though. It seems like they're trying to make players feel like they're a unit in the Warcraft RTS games, with guard towers full of archers dotting the landscape, as well as other conquerable/sackable buildings. So exciting. ;D
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline Gaming Steve

• Master Chief
  • Dig Dug Digger
    • View Profile
    • Gaming Steve
« Reply #16 on: March 26, 2005, 01:23:52 pm »
That was a great podcast, Steve. I especially liked the part about the possibility of game employees being unionized. I see someone already mentioned the test server. A lot of people in my guild got invites to the server (I think it's invite-only, and only allows lvl 60s) so I was surprised that no-one in your guild heard about it. *shrug*

I haven't hit 40 yet, so it's still smooth sailing. I am excited for battlegrounds, though. It seems like they're trying to make players feel like they're a unit in the Warcraft RTS games, with guard towers full of archers dotting the landscape, as well as other conquerable/sackable buildings. So exciting. ;D

Acutally, I believe it. These guys are so freaking hardcore they don't have time for a test server. They probably heard about it but had zero interest in it. So I never heard about it.

Thanks for the feedback on the game employees unionized section. I actually cut that out after I recorded it figuring who the heck cares about this subject or what I think of it? But I put it back in at the last second. The main reason it because overworked game designers is a huge problem and every one I know who works in the industry talks about this all the time. And I think it's going to get a lot worse before it gets better.

If you want to hear any other subjects covered, let me know!
Check out Gaming Steve on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/thegamingsteve

Offline Zealousy

• Wizard of Wor
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: March 26, 2005, 01:38:29 pm »
Well, personally I'd like to hear anything about game employees/development. To me that is what an 'inside-reporter' is all about, and since you seem to have a lot of connections in the gaming industry I imagine those kind of stories to be 'the real scoop,' so to speak. The game reviews are great, of course, but stories about employees and the business as a whole are hard to come by.

The school I go to offers degrees in this field (my degree will be in Digital Arts and Animation, with a minor in Game Design and Interactivity) and I have made plans to enter this industry (or film) within the next 5 years, so this kind of stuff really sparks my interest because I just might be in the thick of it before too long.

Then again, you seem to have found a great balance between game news (previews, reviews, random game tidbits) and gaming news (news about gaming culture and the industry) already, so what am I talking for? :P
« Last Edit: March 26, 2005, 07:56:47 pm by Zealousy »
I want to die in my sleep like my grandfather ... Not screaming and yelling like the passengers in his car.
- Will Shriner

Offline rustyzippo

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: March 27, 2005, 02:43:43 am »
great podcast.  I've checked out a bunch of different gaming podcasts and this was the best one i've found so far.  I do recommend staying away from Gamer's Radio though...

Offline The Evil Blob

• Missile Commander
  • "Enchanted creature gets +8/+8 and has Trample"
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: March 28, 2005, 03:54:55 pm »
WoW looks really good, but I think I'll wait until Battlegrounds comes out to get it.

Also, I was amazed when I realized that I actually knew the "Name That Game" for this week.
Why do you park on a driveway and drive on a parkway?

Offline subtex

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: March 29, 2005, 02:56:13 pm »
These podcasts are excellent, Steve.  You have officially taken up my entire commute home when I get a new one, so congrats.   ;D

First heard you on the Spore podcast and loved it.  Glad to find an actual *good* podcast again.

Now, about this podcast:

Great points on WoW.  I'm still only level 17 so I'm enjoying all of it.  The issue with the higher levels is pretty bad news though.  I recently played the beta of Guild Wars and one of the things I loved about it is that you can pick up NPCs for party members.

Very very cool.

No more waiting around to party up.  Just pick up the 4 NPCs you want before you go on a quest and you're set.

WoW should impliment someting similar.

Offline DevilMachine

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Defender of the Universe
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: March 29, 2005, 05:59:13 pm »
I can listen to my ipod at work (im doin data entry at the moment :()
and I love listening to your podcast, Ive only had my ipod for a few weeks, so podcasts are still a 'new' thing for me, but out of the handful ive listened to, your podcast, steve, is brillant!
I would gladly welcome a podcast that lasts several hours :) but you probably wouldnt, lol.

thanks