Author Topic: Starting a Band  (Read 16172 times)

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
Re: Starting a Band
« Reply #45 on: October 03, 2009, 06:54:59 pm »
you know Americans have Baby in there song every 10 seconds

You must be thinking of African Americans.  See, I hate that too and I'm American.  Not trying to be racist, but I don't think I've ever heard a white guy sing "baby" in a song written in the last twenty years.

Well, you're horribly wrong, but I can't be bothered to bring up examples. Just think of country music.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #46 on: October 03, 2009, 07:02:56 pm »
Those aren't people, let alone white people.  Those are southerners.  They are much worse.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: October 03, 2009, 08:01:34 pm »
OK, then, Vanilla Ice!

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #48 on: October 03, 2009, 08:06:05 pm »

I've never heard a white guy sing "baby" in a song written in the last twenty years.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 04, 2009, 02:14:09 am »
Ive heard white guys sing it, just not outisde america eg Poison van halen and such all use baby ott.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: March 20, 2010, 06:04:07 pm »
Semi-necro post? Not really?

Anyway, huge fail. Just when things began to come together last year, I discovered my charisma wasn't enough to bring a group together who had differing musical tastes and who were in different groups of friends (personality conflicts and such). I'm still trying, and I have another friend (with the will to start a band) who is just waiting on the money to buy a decent bass guitar. In fact, looking back, I would say that we're closer than ever to truly forming and keeping a band together, considering I've managed to coalesce a group with similar interests. How naive I was... about 6 months ago.

P.S. Sorry for not keeping you posted, I guess.

Edit: I may also be hired on to replace the singer in my friend's band. Their singer is awful, and they wasted their money cutting a record with him.
« Last Edit: March 23, 2010, 04:46:55 pm by Cow »