Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Asylum  (Read 8572 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Batman: Arkham Asylum
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:46:02 pm »
I was wondering has anyone or is anyone planning on picking this up. The game is still a few days from release in Australia. Still I have started hearing good things about it. I downloaded the demo of it and enjoyed it also I remember hearing the guys from the Australian Gamer Podcast mentioning it looks real good. I think Gaming Steve even mentioned he is thinking about getting it.

So anyone else looking into this, if so what do you all think?

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:19:22 pm »
Batman is slow as hell. Joker kicks ass. And Harley looks damn good. That all I got to say about that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:36:27 pm by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 09:48:26 pm »
Got it today. Probably the only Batman game I've ever enjoyed, and probably one of the best superhero games in general. The only graphical problem is the lip-synching, which is pretty bad. But its a beautiful game besides that.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:47:00 am »
Im going to probably be waiting for the PC release, and then buying that. Unless the pc release is at the same time as console. You can tell i havnt had any idea about this until i read about how good it apparantly is on line.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:57:15 am »
The PC release dates are September 15th for the US, and the 18th for the EU. I'm looking forward to it :)

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 02:46:37 am »
Yeha ill get it around september 20th then. Looks really good, the only other game that i actually really want is Splinter Cell Conviction this one looks half decent (( im excluding major releases, WOW:cataclysm, SC2, Diablo3, Opflashpoint2, BF1943. Thats about my major titles. I usually randomly pick up games when i see them and if i see a review, But those games are my certains. when and if they come out.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:00:29 am »
I played the demo of it in the stores, and came home and downloaded the PC demo, which is better than the store demo.

It does seem to be a lot of fun, it does seem to be a very linear game, with not a lot of choice in directions to go.  Not a lot of replayablity.  I'll probably pick it up off of Steam next year when it's $20.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 11:02:23 am »
Is demo on steam?

Just found the demo downloading it now.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 11:49:21 am »
http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/08/31/vlog-8-30-09-arkham-asylum-review/

this might be useful for those who consider buying it

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:48 am »
Got this today. So far enjoying it mostly just fun picking off Jokers goons one by one as the rest of them start wetting themselves trying to find where I am hiding. Strange how a lot of guards don't ever look up.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:12 am »
I thought that in the demo, hang from a gargoyle statue guy is walking towards you he should see you even without looking up and he doesn't notice.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 10:39:13 pm »
Got it and I am loving it. I've always hated stealth games like Splinter cell but I gave this one a try since it is a Batman game. Best one yet and it is really fun to slowly pick off a room of guys.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »
This game makes me pelvic thrust in an obscene fashion. I mean that in the best possible way.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 05:09:42 pm »
great game but i finished it in a day...yeah you should probably rent it

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 05:33:31 pm »
Finished it in a day? It took me awhile, but I was kinda looking for all the trophies and stuff.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2009, 09:35:15 pm »
You could do this game in one sitting easy. 2 if you try and pace it a bit. I was in now hurry so managed to stretch it to a week. The game is certainly not a long one and has very limited replayability still it doesn't need to be longer than it already is. At the very least I do highly recommend a rental.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 27, 2009, 05:25:42 am »
its a great game...just very short

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: September 27, 2009, 03:34:37 pm »
Yeah, I got it done in about 5 installments of 1 1/2-2 hours, with one installment of 3 hours. Short but good.

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2010, 05:13:14 pm »
Watched a friend of mine play this yesterday. Looks fun, but I couldn't help but make Mass Effect jokes every time an opportunity presented itself. I mean, come on; Batman's voice over is Male Shepard from ME, and the primary villain is JOKER.

"I'm Commander Batman, and this is my favorite asylum on the Citadel."
Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).

Offline Cobra

• People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: October 23, 2011, 09:47:10 pm »
Ok Arkham City is now out I really enjoyed the pervious game so went out and picked up a copy. I blitzed through the main story in a couple of days but loved it using the Grapnel gun combined with gliding is so much fun and an awesome way around the city. If you pick up this game make sure you do the Augmented reality training missions as soon as they become available they help you with gliding and the Grapnel upgrade that lets you grapnel over what you ltach on to straight into a glide makes travel a breeze.

There is lots of fun to be had in this game its more than just a mission pack sequal there is a whole new game here.