Author Topic: Batman: Arkham Asylum  (Read 8406 times)

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
Batman: Arkham Asylum
« on: August 28, 2009, 08:46:02 pm »
I was wondering has anyone or is anyone planning on picking this up. The game is still a few days from release in Australia. Still I have started hearing good things about it. I downloaded the demo of it and enjoyed it also I remember hearing the guys from the Australian Gamer Podcast mentioning it looks real good. I think Gaming Steve even mentioned he is thinking about getting it.

So anyone else looking into this, if so what do you all think?

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
Re: Batman: Arkham Asylum
« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2009, 09:19:22 pm »
Batman is slow as hell. Joker kicks ass. And Harley looks damn good. That all I got to say about that.
« Last Edit: August 29, 2009, 09:36:27 pm by Grazony »

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2009, 09:48:26 pm »
Got it today. Probably the only Batman game I've ever enjoyed, and probably one of the best superhero games in general. The only graphical problem is the lip-synching, which is pretty bad. But its a beautiful game besides that.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 30, 2009, 01:47:00 am »
Im going to probably be waiting for the PC release, and then buying that. Unless the pc release is at the same time as console. You can tell i havnt had any idea about this until i read about how good it apparantly is on line.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 30, 2009, 01:57:15 am »
The PC release dates are September 15th for the US, and the 18th for the EU. I'm looking forward to it :)

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 30, 2009, 02:46:37 am »
Yeha ill get it around september 20th then. Looks really good, the only other game that i actually really want is Splinter Cell Conviction this one looks half decent (( im excluding major releases, WOW:cataclysm, SC2, Diablo3, Opflashpoint2, BF1943. Thats about my major titles. I usually randomly pick up games when i see them and if i see a review, But those games are my certains. when and if they come out.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Lippy

• Galaga General
  • Deal with it.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 31, 2009, 11:00:29 am »
I played the demo of it in the stores, and came home and downloaded the PC demo, which is better than the store demo.

It does seem to be a lot of fun, it does seem to be a very linear game, with not a lot of choice in directions to go.  Not a lot of replayablity.  I'll probably pick it up off of Steam next year when it's $20.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 31, 2009, 11:02:23 am »
Is demo on steam?

Just found the demo downloading it now.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 31, 2009, 11:49:21 am »
http://www.spoonyexperiment.com/2009/08/31/vlog-8-30-09-arkham-asylum-review/

this might be useful for those who consider buying it

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2009, 01:11:48 am »
Got this today. So far enjoying it mostly just fun picking off Jokers goons one by one as the rest of them start wetting themselves trying to find where I am hiding. Strange how a lot of guards don't ever look up.

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2009, 01:22:12 am »
I thought that in the demo, hang from a gargoyle statue guy is walking towards you he should see you even without looking up and he doesn't notice.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: September 05, 2009, 10:39:13 pm »
Got it and I am loving it. I've always hated stealth games like Splinter cell but I gave this one a try since it is a Batman game. Best one yet and it is really fun to slowly pick off a room of guys.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: September 08, 2009, 04:42:51 pm »
This game makes me pelvic thrust in an obscene fashion. I mean that in the best possible way.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: September 26, 2009, 05:09:42 pm »
great game but i finished it in a day...yeah you should probably rent it

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Gunner

• Bungeling Bay Raider
  • No Smoking Zone
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2009, 05:33:31 pm »
Finished it in a day? It took me awhile, but I was kinda looking for all the trophies and stuff.
:O
Also, Gunner is one of the children.
It's true.