Author Topic: [NC] Rachak Relations  (Read 4154 times)

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
[NC] Rachak Relations
« on: July 09, 2009, 09:37:24 pm »
A single transmission came within detectable range of the ships, coming from near the center of the Novus Cluster. Translated, it read:

Dear Friends,
If you are reading this transmission, then we assume that you are capable of tracking it to our planet. We would love to make new friends, but unfortunately, the only sentient species that we know of are ourselves. Could you please come down to Rach and meet us so that we can be friends and spread our message of peace and love throughout the universe? That would be simply marvelous! There's nothing more that we'd love to do than help others! Rach is a lovely place, and we'll be willing to provide almost anything you need! Thank you ever so much, strangers!
Your hopefully soon-to-be friends,
The Rachak

//This is most intriguing// SAI-1 said, the ship's computer, similar to HAL-9000. //However, we are not able to pursue this request.// //Viewpoint is near that location though, studying gravitational fields. Shall I sent them a request to go there?// "Yes, that would be wonderful." the captain replied.

And so it was, the Viewpoint is currently en-route to the approximated source of the transmission.
Apparently, by the time the Viewpoint had gotten within about 0.9 AUs of Rach, it must have been detected, because a transmission was sent to it:

"Oh, hello, hello, hello! This is most pleasing, yes, this is just marvelous! Professor Drach was right all along; there ARE other sentients out there! And now we finally have visitors! Oh, frabjous day! Callooh, callay! Ah, but wait! You must be tired from your long trip! By our calculations, there must be only one or two sentient civilizations per galaxy, so we bet that you're in need of refreshments from such a journey! Please, by all means necessary, come on down to Rach! We'll provide you with anything you need: food, drink, fuel, repairs; but we're somewhat doubtful that we can provide those, since you're a far superior alien civilization! The gap between our ways of life must be incredibly vast! Oh dear, we've been talking far too long! Please, come on down to Rach! We'll be patiently waiting!"
"Captain, do we have anything that works in the atmosphere?"
"Hmm, the shuttlepods should be able to make it..." "OK, you, you, you, and you, come with me."
The shuttlepod rocketed toward the surface.
"Well, that's probably the last time we'll see the captain..." The first officer said.

The shuttlepod plummets towards Rach. It falls through the dense cloud layers for some time. Strange-looking flying things scatter to avoid the Akazian vessel.

The landing sequence is initiated, and the shuttlepod is directed to an aircraft landing facility. Numerous reddish beings swarm around the shuttlepod, eager to greet the astronauts.

An audio-only transmission was sent to the shuttlepod.
//We've hypothesized that our planet must be toxic to you. Can you kindly tell us what kind of suits you might need to negotiate our alien environment? Or do you have some back aboard your main ship? Thank you!//

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Rachak Relations
« Reply #1 on: July 11, 2009, 10:21:36 am »
We do not require environment suits: our biology allows us to convert any gas into any other. All we have to worry about is highly corrosive or extremely low-pressure environments. From what we've seen, you have neither of those.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 11:09:03 am by Kitkat »
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #2 on: July 11, 2009, 06:59:09 pm »
//Ah, yes, that is true, our atmosphere is not hazardous. But just to be safe, have you and your crew been sterilized and immunized? We don't want any alien germ exchanges occuring.  Our bacteria might be deadly to you, and vice versa. The last thing we wish to do is harm you.//

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 11, 2009, 07:05:56 pm »
That is a good point. We do not breathe, so we have little need to worry about catching bacteria. It might be wise to bring the entire pod to a decontamination facility, our planet is rich in in microbes.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #4 on: July 11, 2009, 08:27:13 pm »
//Oh, no need to worry about that!//
A large greenish mucus-like gooey tarp was soon brought in by what can only be described as a beetle forklift. Another buglike vehicle came up alongside the shuttlepod. It had several hoses and pumps attached to it, somewhat like a fire engine.
//This is an antibacterial fluid that will coat and be pumped into the shuttlepod. Once it makes its way into the cockpit, coat yourself with it. It is completely nontoxic and will be easily washed off. Do be careful where you apply it, though!//
The tarp was draped over the shuttlepod, and the shuttlepod was immediately covered in a layer of green gel. The hose-and-pump bug-machine hovered over the hatch.
//Please open up the hatch so that we may apply the antibacterial fluid!//

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 12, 2009, 06:32:54 pm »
//This is a rather odd feeling...//
//There, done.//
The hatch opened rather fast, and, most likely unexpected by the crew outside, a wave of green flowed out.
"Gah, we'll take care of that." The captain said. He flicked a pen-like device out of seemingly nowhere, which he held to the fluid. A surge of blue light went through the goo, and in seconds, it was obliterated.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #6 on: July 17, 2009, 03:16:51 pm »
The Akazi crew now witnessed dozens of reddish-brown creatures surrounding the shuttlepod in person. They all wore brightly colored skintight garments, with strange patterns all over them. The Rachak crowd stepped back from the hatch, allowing some room for the crew. One Rachak wearing a golden amulet and a spiral tye-dye garment pattern approached the Akazi. Evidently, it was a high-ranking Rachak. It started speaking, but it wasn't quite sounding like speaking. It made clicks and screeches that sounded downright unearthly(well, unakazly), and it must have disturbed the crew. Translated, it was:
"Now, friends, would you wish to visit the diplomacy parlor in the Golden Palace? We have been preparing the finest things for you, and our leaders would be delighted to meet with you in person."
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 05:06:43 pm by omegatripod »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 18, 2009, 09:40:32 pm »
((Gragh, I have to remember that to succesfully RP, you need to REPLY!))
"That would be wonderful! Gold, you say? Hmm... I'm afraid I'm not familiar with that word... Is it by chance an element?" The Captain said.

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 19, 2009, 01:24:36 pm »
((Is this still open?))

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 19, 2009, 01:26:28 pm »
((Hmm, it would seem, my post posted. Interesting...))

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #10 on: July 20, 2009, 10:22:45 am »
((I was very busy with...certain activities. Sorry.))

"Oh, yes, it's an element, all right. It's a precious metal, symbol Au, atomic number 79. It's rather common on Rach, but we suspect that it would be highly valuable on some other worlds. We used to use it as currency, but then our leaders decreed that all gold would be turned into jewelry, decorative objects, or building materials. All currency was replaced with color-coded plastic chips. We'll answer your other questions on the way, alright?"
The Rachak motioned towards what looked like a white limousine type of bug-vehicle. A chauffeur(at least, it seemed to be a chauffeur) opened the door for the crew.
"Well, what are we waiting for? Let's go!"

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2009, 04:29:18 pm »
The party looked at each other then got in.

"So, could you tell us more about you culture perhaps?" The captain said.

((It's short, but sweet. I couldn't think of anything else. Kind of forgot about this >_>))

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2009, 05:25:23 pm »
"Of course!" cried the Rachak. "Our govern-" He paused briefly. "Oh, I haven't told you my name, have I? See, it's ※♪∴░. But that's impossible for you to pronounce, so call me S'killa Sono, or Sono for short. Now, about our culture..."

(BORING RP TEXT SKIP-O-MATIC ACTIVATED)*

Sono told the Akazi crew about the peaceful arts of the Rachak. He told them about their music, sculptures, paintings, ancient carvings, and so on. Sono finished summing it up right after he and the Akazi stepped onto the ascending slidewalk. (Think a ramped moving sidewalk.)

Shortly, the crew, captain, and Sono arrived in the diplomacy parlor. Other high-ranking Rachak were there as well.

*All forms of Skip-O-Matics are ęPaw.
« Last Edit: September 05, 2009, 12:38:56 pm by omegatripod »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 20, 2009, 05:48:37 pm »
"Shiiiiiiiiiinyyyyyyyy..." Said one of the security guards as they walked into the Palace. He was quickly hushed by the rest.
"This is incredible!" They all said, albeit at different times through the trip. "Well, our and some 50 other ships' job out in the Novus is exploring undiscovered territory, Meeting wonderful new beings, like you, and delving into the great beyonds in general." So, fulfilling that purpose, if you would please tell us about yourselves. And if you want to know anything about us, well... Our leaders are fairly xenophobic, so..."

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #14 on: September 05, 2009, 01:01:06 pm »
Sono sat down in a emerald-studded golden throne with crimson silky cushions. The other five Rachak sat in identical thrones, except for the cushions and stones. They were color-coded. The thrones were studded with goshenite, aquamarine, and three others that the Akazi couldn't recognize without close inspection.
"Ah, but first, we shall introduce ourselves," said one Rachak in a pink-cushioned throne. "I am-"
"Wait!" Sono cried out. "They can't pronounce that."
The pink chair Rachak paused. "Oh, right! Of course! Sorry. From left to right, we are:"

"Krua Gaf," said the pink chair one.
"Trek Naar" said the red chair one.
"Neelfor Zod" said the turquoise chair one.
"S'killa Sono, but you're already aware of that!"
"Sittik Nillita" said the white chair one.
"And Waarz Killik," finished the yellow chair one. "Now, let us enlighten you."

"To put it simply, our government is a meritocracy. However, it is much more complicated than that. It's more of a constitutional meritocracy, really."

"Long ago, we were all a hive mind, led by the Grand Rachak. There was not one for all time, though. Each had a lifespan, like all creatures. For a long time, there were hundreds of Grands, coming after the next. The cycle went on for millenia, and the hive mind evolved."

"Eventually, a mutation occurred in several drones. They began to grow actual, separate minds. Very unhealthy for the hive. Somehow, the mutation spread (we're not clear on the details) and the hive structure began to collapse. Planned schedules and routines were infected with chaos. The Grand Rachak grew unhealthy. All the new Rachak (that is the correct terminology for the intelligent drones) were all so very confused. Sentience had randomly erupted out of seemingly nowhere, and nobody knew what to do. It was quite the perilous situation."

"If it weren't for the Grand Rachak, an entire new sentient species would have died out as quickly as it had appeared. The Grand Rachak organized us. It gave us all roles, taught us how to learn for ourselves, interact properly, maintain social cohesion, basic stuff like that. It created a set of laws for us to follow under every single circumstance. And then, the last Grand died out."

"That's how our Grand Constitution was formed, and it is what makes up the constitutional part of constitutional meritocracy."

"On to the meritocracy part. Every year, each citizen's performance and intelligence is evaluated. Then the best-performing citizens become government leaders, like us. It works perfectly, and everything falls into place. However, I'm not sure-"

"You mean we're. We're not sure."

"Sorry. We're not sure that this system would work with other alien races. In fact, the whole thing would probably collapse into anarchy, and then turn into a tyrannic oligarchy. Of course, that's merely hypothetical."

"So, that's how our government works, in a nutshell. Any questions? Comments?"