Author Topic: The Yerxe  (Read 9457 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Re: The Yerxe
« Reply #15 on: September 02, 2009, 12:56:01 pm »
Oh noes violence oh god what ever shall I do holy crap censorship.
Okay, seriously, what's the color of their blood?
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: September 02, 2009, 02:54:23 pm »
Their blood has no significant abundance of minerals so it is clear, kind of like thick water. This makes war paint rather pointless.

Any other requests?
« Last Edit: September 02, 2009, 02:56:38 pm by UFO King »
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #17 on: September 02, 2009, 05:38:06 pm »
Extensive planet history and backstory.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: September 02, 2009, 05:52:26 pm »
I can't do extensive, but I can give a short summary.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #19 on: September 03, 2009, 09:51:03 am »
That'll do. :)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
Re: [AC] The Yerxe
« Reply #20 on: December 31, 2009, 12:53:21 pm »
Hmm.

Since the Yerxe are now officially moved to the Alpha Cluster, or AC, I'll be updating here a bit. Instead of adding to the first post, I will now make the first post a table of contents and link to the Yerxe info, which I'll be moving to new posts now. Comments are welcome.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: December 31, 2009, 12:54:01 pm »
The sapient inhabitants of this planet are vicious, intelligent beings. They have adapted to every style of life on their planet, are six times stronger than the strongest human, and are as smart, creative and wise as Archimedes. They are known as:
The Yerxe
(Pronounced YERK-zee)

Type: Terrestrial(and sometimes Aquatic/Amphibious)
Appearance: Insectoid
Gravity preferences: 1g-1.6g
Temperature preferences: 75F-140F
Atmosphere breathed: Oxygen/nitrogen/neon
Body cover: Hard exoskeleton
Body color: Glossy black
Hair: None
Hair color: None
Eyes: Two blank white eyes, all pupil, protected by a thick transparent cover
Eyes color: White
Body characteristics: Claws, exoskeleton, various copies of vital organs, strange mouth
Diet: Omnivore
Sexual reproduction: Male and female
Reproduction method: Male and female quickly mate, then run off. Female gestates for 1 year with hundreds of babies. Babies hatch, killing the mother, which serves as offspring's first meal and temporary home. Offspring wander off. Ones that survive are usually the ones who stay together.
Limbs pair n 1: Long, powerful arms/legs
Limbs pair n 2: See above
Limbs pair n 3: See above
Mass: 230 lb
Size: 8-9 ft

Militancy: 20
Determination: 16
Racial tolerance: 2 for other species and 10 for each other
Progressiveness: 17
Loyalty: 19
Social cohesion: 4
Art: 18
Individualism: 14
Body: 32
Mind: 17
Speed: 20
Lifespan: 200 Yerxic years
Tech level: 3

Government type: Monarchy
Religion: Polytheistic Elementism: Yerxe worship the sun, the rivers, and the nebula.
Devotion: High

Special abilities:
Acute Hearing
Acute Vision
Ambidextrous
Bonus Skill: Combat
Cold Blooded Biology
Cold Sensitivity
Extra Hearts(Eleven, to be precise)
Fast Healing
Heat Tolerance
High Fecundity
Infrared Vision
Night Vision
Odious Racial Habits(slavery, killing for fun, mindless violence, etc)
Perfect Balance
Regeneration
Septuacephalous(seven brains)
Sonar
Spatial Orientation
Spectrum Vision(can only see in infrared and red to yellow)
Strange Appearance
Subsonic Communication
Subsonic Hearing
Toughness(extremely tough)
Vibration Sense
Vibrolocation

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: December 31, 2009, 12:54:31 pm »
Yerxe Anatomy

1. Unlike several other species, Yerxe possess a heart in their head, rather than a brain. It is thought that the head heart is either a decoy, an extra heart only used for supplying extra blood to the brain, or both.
2. Yerxe have two large pale white eyes in their skull. These eyes are actually completely pupil, allowing a Yerxe to focus on everything they see at once. The eyes have no eyelids, and instead have a thick transparent cover used to protect against dust and debris.
3. The Yerxe mouth is very unorthodox in comparison to other species. Rather than teeth, Yerxe possess hundreds of thin white razor-sharp wires in their mouths that vibrate to slice up food. Vibrating their wires at different speeds is their communication method. This form of speech is also the cause for their unusual mouth, which has three thin openings that open and close to accentuate their speech.
4. The Yerxe brain is twice as large as the human brain. Because of this Yerxe are more intelligent and faster to react than humans, and the Yerxe brain works differently in that it can focus on several different trains of thought at the same time.
5. The wires in a Yerxe's mouth extend down to the throat, allowing food to be processed more efficiently.
6. The four hearts in a Yerxe's chest are considered to be the "main" hearts. Even with four hearts each one still beats slightly faster than the human heart due to a Yerxe's hyperactive lifestyle.
7. The Yerxe liver is only as efficient as a human liver, so they are just as susceptible to poisons and drunkenness.
8. Yerxe reproductive organs look very similar and come out of the middle back rather than the lower front. Yerxe put no value on relationships and have no system of marriage. A male and a female will coincidentally meet. If they are both ready to mate, they will. The female will be fertilized in a matter of seconds and will walk off. Neither will ever meet again.
9. These organs release a blood-clotting fluid to wherever necessary, so it is almost impossible to kill a Yerxe by blood loss.
10. The stomach digests food.
11. The intestines digest food more.
12. These tubes remove liquid waste from the body. Yerxe will dry off with whatever they can.
13. In each limb a backup heart is stored, bringing the heart total to eleven and making a Yerxe very difficult to kill.
14. In each limb a backup brain is also stored, so even if you decapitate a Yerxe and stab its brain and hearts, it will still live. This also means that a limb will flop around for a short time after being sliced off. Cool, huh?
15. The lungs are spread throughout the body, so you can't strangle a Yerxe. This means hanging one will only give it a sore neck.

Here is a disclaimer: All the statistics above only refer to four-armed Yerxe, or Quattuor Yerxe. There is a smaller, weaker two-armed subspecies known as Duos Yerxe. Duos have no backup hearts, backup brains, or blood-clotting-fluid organs, and only have two chest hearts.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2009, 12:56:22 pm by UFO King »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: December 31, 2009, 01:29:22 pm »
The largest, most aggressive and technologically advanced nation, the Empire of Sahrzhir seeks to control the entire planet though its territory is already the size of the Mongol Empire.
The Empire of Sahrzhir

The Empire of Sahrzhir has a magnificent capital city of gleaming pyramids known as Vnzem. It is miles wide and offers many amazing sights. Here is an overhead map of the city. It should be noted that this is not a literal overhead view; it merely represents the locations of the various places in Vnzem.

1. Vnzem is located close to the Vmmoipu River, a river 30 miles wide that is patrolled by Imperial Battleships and cargo carriers.
2. Next to the river bank are the farmers' fields, the supply of food for the city. Its orange plants are a rich delicacy when cooked by the fine chefs of Vnzem's restaurants.
3. The farmers who tend to the fields live in the farmer villages, mud brick houses that house families and often livestock. The farmers cannot afford to live in the main city, but they are content with their simple life.
4. In Vnzem's southern corner lies the marketplace, where traders from all across the Empire come to sell their goods and buy from others. Silver coins draw many thieving eyes here.
5. The city's majority area is the central city, where buildings house many Yerxe and their businesses, such as slave trading or statue making. There is a system of running water and sewage is disposed safely.
6. The legal district has many tall pyramids home to the lawyers and politicians of the Empire. Here they meet to decide upon laws with the Emperor.
7. The tallest and biggest building in the city is the Imperial Palace, home to the mighty Emperor and his servants. It has a vast network of intricate passages, some of which lead to death traps.
8. The Royal Gardens are filled with lush and exotic plants from around Yerx. It is open to the public, but the penalty for disturbing the plants is instant death.
9. The Imperial Tomb Complex is a stone maze of underground networks that lead to vast treasure and the corpses of past rulers, but no thief has ever returned alive because of the numerous death traps.
10. The training camps are where Yerxe are recruited into the military and trained in a vigorous and harsh manner to be ready for battle when duty calls.
11. The Grand Arena has daily entertainment ranging from executions to gladiatorial battles to orchestral music. Tickets are inexpensive but highly valued because of the high quality of the entertainment.
« Last Edit: January 09, 2010, 02:50:09 pm by UFO King »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: January 01, 2010, 07:03:44 pm »
Zvirnnau VII of the Most Honorable Above All Others Zvau Dynasty, Greatest and Holiest Emperor of the Mightiest Empire of Sahrzhir, May No Words Ever Foul the Proud and Glorious Name of Sahrzhir, King of Kings of Kings by Divine Right, The Chosen One of the Sun and the Nebula and the Rivers, Conqueror of the Desert Tribes, Destined to Rule all of Yerx, All Beings of the Entire Universe Who Ever May Even Allow the Slightest Thought of Harming Our Wonderful King of Kings of Kings to Pass Into Their Feeble Brains Condemn Themselves to Eternal Torment Justified by the Completely Obvious Divine Righteousness Surrounding He Who Will Annihilate All Evil a.k.a. Zvirnnau VII

One of the foulest murderers in the history of Yerx, Zvirnnau VII overthrew his weak father at an early age and enforced a strong military rule upon the Sahrzhir population, quadrupling the army size and forming an enormous armada. He also created an extensive cult of personality surrounding himself, and the population was required to bow down to him every week and include him in their prayers. His face was even put on the silver coins of Yerxe currency! He later appointed himself commander of both the army and the navy and became a renowned military general, conquering all of Sahrzhir and wiping out the small desert tribes in his way. He expanded the government, modernized the nation, and hired the top scientists on Yerx to create a great many inventions, such as heat rays utilizing mirrors and aqueducts.
« Last Edit: April 02, 2012, 07:40:10 pm by UFO King »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: January 01, 2010, 07:51:40 pm »
This... will not end well...
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #26 on: January 01, 2010, 09:19:33 pm »
The Viri Isa would definitely love his naming style! ;D

Though, not his attitude, of course! :D

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: January 07, 2010, 04:19:39 pm »
Not much to say, I just updated the pic of Zvirnnau VII to show it in detail. That thing on his tunic is the Imperial Symbol; you'll find it everywhere in the Empire of Sahrzhir. It's kind of like the Nazi swastika.

Offline Clarke

• Jungle Hunter
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: January 07, 2010, 04:26:00 pm »
I like these, especially their anatomy. You'd think that creatures with so much heart wouldn't be that aggressive. :P

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: January 08, 2010, 10:54:10 pm »
That sheet is totally unneeded. It's just plain full of obvious things, most of which are unnecessary.

-Note to Greivi about "How large is the society?: 430 million Yerxe." Try to avoid quantifiable values that will change over time, such as population count.