Author Topic: Morrowind  (Read 45285 times)

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
Re: Morrowind
« Reply #195 on: January 30, 2010, 05:05:00 pm »
Maybe he is hard core and do not use enchantments or the extremely broken Alchemy skill?

miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss HIT miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss miss...

hurrah combat

maybe you should try this:

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1IRxTN-_kU" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m1IRxTN-_kU</a>

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #196 on: January 31, 2010, 01:35:24 am »
Problem wasn't killing Dagoth Ur per say, rather, it was the fact that he could levitate (Mods) and that he had an Ash Vampire with him that was difficult.
Managed to kill him anyway. The end-game was great.
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #197 on: May 27, 2011, 03:54:39 pm »

Morrowind is sitting on a shelf not far from me. Contemplating playing it again one of these days.

Is there a definitive mod which solves all its problems and makes it look amazing?
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #198 on: May 27, 2011, 05:23:05 pm »
I think the mod is called Oblivion?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #199 on: May 27, 2011, 06:22:38 pm »
thats a de-mod erops

and there is sam...but i completely forgot what its called...
WOOPS

wealth beyond measure outlander.

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #200 on: May 28, 2011, 05:31:42 am »
City of light.
City of magic.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #201 on: May 28, 2011, 05:48:09 am »
N'wah!

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #202 on: May 28, 2011, 01:13:32 pm »
Is there a definitive mod which solves all its problems and makes it look amazing?

Morrowind Graphics Extender if you're up for buggering around with your install a whole bunch in probably complex ways. Then there's texture packs and Better Bodies/Heads/Beasts, though honestly I don't like how the latter makes everyone look so pretty and well-defined. When did ugly become so unfashionable? =(

Also is there a game with a better story than Morrowind? I've yet to find one (at least that I can think of at this time), the whole thing with conflicting accounts of just what the hell happened in the past is awesome.
Then came oblivion with it's amazing plot of "oh no the demons". Pshaw.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #203 on: May 28, 2011, 01:33:05 pm »
Morrowind's story is so good I didn't even realise what it was for years (possibly something to do with never completing it).
The first few times I played it I really had no idea who the 'bad guys' were at all. I thought it had something to do with Daedra, since I guess I was expecting something a little more along the lines of 'oh no the demons'.

Shame Skyrim looks to be a case of 'oh no the dragons' but at least Skyrim should have a less achingly generic by the numbers feel than Oblivion.

Apparently in the background of the first few TES games Cyrodil was meant to be covered in jungles. Beats me why they just tossed that concept out after the great reception Morrowind's alien world got.

Offline Luminar

• Gyromite Gyro
  • i'm losin' it
    • View Profile
« Reply #204 on: May 28, 2011, 01:39:10 pm »
Apparently in the background of the first few TES games Cyrodil was meant to be covered in jungles. Beats me why they just tossed that concept out after the great reception Morrowind's alien world got.

"Tossed out"? Oh no. No, i'm afraid it's far, far worse than that.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #205 on: May 28, 2011, 02:30:53 pm »
:{

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #206 on: May 28, 2011, 03:05:37 pm »
Morrowind's story is so good I didn't even realise what it was for years (possibly something to do with never completing it).
The first few times I played it I really had no idea who the 'bad guys' were at all. I thought it had something to do with Daedra, since I guess I was expecting something a little more along the lines of 'oh no the demons'.

Shame Skyrim looks to be a case of 'oh no the dragons' but at least Skyrim should have a less achingly generic by the numbers feel than Oblivion.

I agree whole-heartedly. Todd Howard has said a few times that when at the concept stage for Oblivion they were heavily influenced by the Lord of the Rings movies so they were tempted to make a more standard fantasy setting. Seems they are kind of sticking to that with Skyrim. :(
@davidramnero