Author Topic: WOW:Cataclysm  (Read 27670 times)

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile

STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: WOW:Cataclysm
« Reply #1 on: August 22, 2009, 06:25:02 am »
I've begun preparations for when the expansion hits by rerolling alliance so that i can get the boa gear for my worgen.

cant wait it's gunna be awesome

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2009, 06:26:56 am »
Maybe you should've linked the main site aswell?

Here it is anyway.
http://www.wow-europe.com/cataclysm/
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2009, 06:58:33 am »
I find it funny, Blizzard is showing you what they left out of the original game.

They are just milking the WoW cow.

Offline Celdur

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: August 22, 2009, 07:06:53 am »
miclee thats pretty ridiculous >.>

i mean i dont give a **** about wow but this expansion idea is pretty cool.
its not gonna make me play the game but i like the idea of everything being ripped to shreds >.>

i dont see how its ''showing you what they left out of the original game'' because it wasnt suposed to be ripped to shreds from the start...
seems like you just hate blizzard/wow or something but whatever...(although blizzard isnt perfect >.>)

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: August 22, 2009, 07:22:24 am »
a lot of people are hating the new expansion mainly because most of them hate low level players having content. from what i've read on their forums almost all of them hate either the lore/old world gone/making it easier for lowbies or new players to gear up

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 22, 2009, 07:33:18 am »
I agree, i find levelling in the old world is boring and just tedious as soon as you hit outland it gets better. So by finally giving lowbies content it will let a lot more players get to 80 just because of the fun they have while levelling to 58. That said Flying mounts in Pre TBC  is a gankers paradise. and worgens just look amazing, although they should add another class. I dont see where the new start zones are going to be however, unless they actually add in good start zones for Goblins and Worgens in the old world, Or have a lowbie friendly part of Cataclysm (( goblins)) and make Worgens start in Northshire with humans. That might work. another thing im not keen on, Right they add a New secondary profession, but what the hell is its use.
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 22, 2009, 07:38:28 am »
archeology is probably like mining but instead of ores you get unidentified relics that you can inspect for trinkets/necklaces rare items that have some use

as for the starting zones worgen start in gilneas, you know that big wall in silverpine with all the human refuges?

the goblins start on an island out in the sea

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 22, 2009, 07:40:54 am »
Ahah, i only skimmed all the information i could find but i guess that could work, and Gilneas is near a level 20 zone so im presuming its going to be like Belfs and 0-20 in Gilneas then bang to either arathi or Southshore or others (( i cant remember which is 20 and which is 30))
Check out MindWorld a Psychological Sci-Fi FPS adventure indie title....It's pretty awesome :p http://www.indiedb.com/games/mindworld/images/mindworld-concept-art1

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 22, 2009, 07:45:10 am »
southshore  ;)

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 22, 2009, 07:47:08 am »
Thats the one hehe. Im never in the old world any more ive left it alone for so long, but when cataclysm arrives i May well reroll to have a look at the new content, but i still think gankers will drive every one nuts, unless there is some sort of NPC air force hehe.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 22, 2009, 08:49:04 am »
This is just some info.
  • The new starting areas will make use of their new terrain phasing tech.
  • The story of the Worgens and the Goblins will be even more awesome than the DK starting quests.
  • There will be an underwater zone.
  • Underwater Mounts
  • You'll be able to walk underwater just like on land (probably with the help of some magic and/or heavy boots.)
  • The new profession is secondary, meaning it will be like firstaid,cooking and fishing. Huzzah!
  • The Goblin racial ability will be some rocket-jump ability.
  • Guilds will be able to level, cap is level 20. They will have a talent tree with perks. For example a mass resurrect.

southshore  ;)
Southshore will be lost to the horde by the way.

Edit:
Here's a liveblog directly from blizzcon.
http://kotaku.com/5342702/liveblogging-the-world-of-warcraft-cataclysm-panel
« Last Edit: August 22, 2009, 08:59:01 am by Pixxel »
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 22, 2009, 08:55:37 am »
Thanks for the information, then and so Worgen and Goblin start quests are going to be like the DK ones and will they be 55 or 1 start ?

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: August 22, 2009, 08:56:17 am »
1. since the start zone is 1-15  ::)

Offline sporelord

• Omega Racer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: August 22, 2009, 09:02:22 am »
thanks. Oh and are there any gank protection rules with the new flying mounts in Azeroth thing ?