Author Topic: Fable III  (Read 19948 times)

Offline PatMan33

• Fable Hero
  • M I RITE? STICKERS?
    • View Profile
    • DuckDuckGo
Re: Fable III
« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2010, 03:53:51 pm »
So is this game coming out next month? Because I could have sworn Fable II just came out last year or something...

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2010, 04:28:03 pm »
It is? Jebus that was quick.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2010, 10:19:30 pm »
Well its the same engine and they have all the features done.... I hope it comes to the PC soon.

And I dunno, a sequel after one year isn't too far out there.... L4D->L4D2, All the CoD past Modern Warfare...
« Last Edit: September 28, 2010, 04:26:40 am by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: September 29, 2010, 09:15:18 am »
well, I know one year sequels aren't too crazy, I just didn't know the game was coming out so soon.

Also, this game has a GREAT cast of voice actors.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: October 07, 2010, 04:51:25 pm »
well, I am  totally looking forward to this game, so I pre-ordered it, and then the next day, my xbox crapped out on me.

So  shipped it off, hoping I get it back in time for me to replay Fable 2 before Fable 3 comes out, seeing as all my saves got corrupted for some reason.

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: October 28, 2010, 02:34:46 pm »
PC version delayed.....

Must... not... buy.... xbox (brother STOLE my old one).... for... one... game....
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: October 28, 2010, 06:29:58 pm »
Especially for this game.

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: October 29, 2010, 11:05:44 am »
I have not played but a guy at work does. All he has been doing is complaining about it. As he puts it,

"There are no menus. You want a different weapon, walk to the armoury and choose a different sword off the rack. You want a quest, go to a map room to find out where the quests are, then walk to the quest giver. Oh, you need a different item for the quest, walk back to the armoury. Selling something, go to another room and put the item from your bag to the table and then you can sell it...  all I want is a menu!"

It goes on like that for a good ten minutes and this guy is a power gamer... gets a game and plays it through, then goes back and looks for all the little details he missed the first time through.

-Lego

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: October 29, 2010, 11:10:34 am »
Actually, I have seen the no menu system in action and it works pretty well. I thought it was really really cool that there are no menus and you do things by just going to your hub to change stuff up. Especially since people seemed to complain about the menus non-stop in Fable 2.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: October 29, 2010, 12:55:00 pm »
If anything I find this system much better than menus because you can see everything at once.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: October 30, 2010, 09:22:50 pm »
The Sanctuary isn't all it was cracked up to be, considering it bugged out for me and quite a few others. I can't exit it via the Start or B buttons, and if I enter it during a quest I'm screwed because I can't fast travel out. In addition, the map has no exit button. Patch me, Lionhead!

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: October 31, 2010, 12:57:49 pm »
Theres only one question I have.

Can you die? because that's as the sole reason Fable 2 is possibly one the worst games I have ever played. Just tape down the attack button and go make a sandwich, its not like if you die you will pop back to life with no penalty or anything >_>

So can you actually die in this one? or did Peter M make another interactive movie for casual gamers?

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: October 31, 2010, 04:20:31 pm »
Bioshock?

I don't know why you're so uppity about it.  A lot of games don't have player death anymore.  That said, you can be downed and there are penelties.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: October 31, 2010, 05:51:19 pm »
You have to make an effort to die in this one, though. I still enjoy combat in this game, but there is absolutely no challenge.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: October 31, 2010, 09:19:43 pm »
Bioshock?

I don't know why you're so uppity about it.  A lot of games don't have player death anymore.  That said, you can be downed and there are penelties.

Yep disliked bioshock for the same reason. And no there isn't only a few non casual games don't have player death and the ones that do aren't quite as bad as fable 2s was. By definition if you are playing a game you cannot lose, it is not a game, it is a toy. Not that I have a problem with toys, The sims and simcity are some of my favorite toys but they are marketed as such.

When a game claims to be an action RPG I expect to be. Yeah looked up Fable 3, same BS as the fable 2 death is instant respawn with no penalty's. It can go die in a fire. A game shouldn't exist where you can tape down the attack button and go make a sandwich only to come back and find that the boss you were fighting is now dead.

Heck you can lose in wii sports for petes sake, even solitaire!.