Author Topic: Darth Grievi's Adventures (Strange New Worlds and more!)  (Read 3393 times)

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Darth Grievi's Adventures (Strange New Worlds and more!)
« on: August 14, 2009, 10:10:51 am »
Only two main series so far... I have more planned (Including a remake of the Elbeasts on... story arc), but since they all take place in the same timeline, I want to introduce their main characters (captains) via Strange New Worlds first, to help tie things together. Besides the fact that no one will play any of my missions besdes Strange New Worlds anyway, since they're all locked captain... :-\

Strange New Worlds -- Open Captain, Epic, 81 missions planned (6 created) (See Below)
Night Wraith -- Locked Captain, Epic, (In Development)

Strange New Worlds

Now, I'll admit, I'm not in this to make challenging adventures. There are usually only one or two spots in these games where you can actually die, more often than not from an ill-thrown grenade. That's fine with me. It's open captain, so I don't want those captains who decided to specialize in social to feel left out. Can't fight, you don't have to! Can't social, you don't have to. My philosophy is to offer a chance for the warmongers to shine, while not alienating the social butterflies, all set to an epic story. Any danger is merely an illusion designed to enhance your playing experience [/glados]  :D

With that, I present Strange New Worlds!

Prologue

Chapter 1 -- Jaris
You've been called in to help some scientists examine a rare spatial phenomenon, even though you're likely the least qualified person they could have hired. What could possibly go wrong?

Chapter 2 -- Flurn
Your search for a way back home has... stopped abruptly. Apparently there's border guards in space. Who knew? Now longer and more epic! (Note, playing through this with a Speed 5 captain is quite fun!)

Book 1 -- The Doldrums...

Chapter 1 -- Hyla
A planetary survey. Fun and useless education for the whole family...

Chapter 2 -- Rostren
Another survey? At least this one is more exciting! Beware the Hunter!

Chapter 3 -- Vee
A wildlife sanctuary has had its warden mysteriously dissapear... Who could be responsible. (Warning, this one's a bit more mature than most, and does make reference to murder)

Chapter 4 -- Mesela
A distress signal has been recieved from a Civilized planet. Repairs, adventure, and government cover-ups ahoy!

=====================

Also, if you catch all my references, you're either my new best friend or me from an alternate universe. :D
« Last Edit: August 14, 2009, 11:54:01 am by Darth Grievi »

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Grievi's Adventures (Strange New Worlds and more!)
« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2009, 11:43:46 am »
Seems very awesome.  Do they use Creepy and Cute?
:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
Re: Darth Grievi's Adventures (Strange New Worlds and more!)
« Reply #2 on: August 14, 2009, 11:47:59 am »
Unfortunately, yes. I might go back and edit all the creatures to not use C and C, though, if I get another request for non-C and C versions.