Author Topic: [RG, NC] Spore d20  (Read 5417 times)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
Re: [RG, NC] Spore d20
« Reply #15 on: July 26, 2009, 07:14:50 pm »
Perrachi

Personality: The personality of a Perrachi is just as varied as humans, though they are as well very social creatures. They tend to be a bit more refined than other races due to their culture, and are usually very orderly.

Physical Description: Perrachi are 5-feet-tall avians that bear a strong resemblance to Earth parrots. They have purple feathers covering their body save their feet and beaks. Their natural skin tone ranges from light tan to light purple. Their most unusual feature is their three beaks, contained within another.

Perrachi Homeworld: Perrawiih is a planet that is somewhat Earth-like, with an incredibly varied range of climates. The plants are purple and so are the sea and sky. The ocean's unusual coloration is a result of plankton-like creatures known as Perrajep living there and spilling their violet bodily fluids when they die. The atmosphere's color comes from a fine powder of potassium permanganate in the stratosphere. The oceans are very dangerous due to gigantic sea monsters dwelling in its deep regions, which are many. Boat travel is only used in shallow water, and is barely ever used nowadays. Cities there have lots of towers and skyscrapers.

Language: The main Perrachi dialect is known as Perraverbal. It is similar to several human languages, but has several unusual expressions and subtle references, making it rather difficult to translate. Its written form is Perraform, not to be confused with the Perrachi version of terraforming. Its alphabet is made up of different combinations of slashes, making it quick and easy for Perrachi to write.

Example Names: Perrachi names often have meanings to them. Some sample names are Enna, Plu, Viperro, Magellon, and Zeuju.

Adventurers: Perrachi are natural explorers and adventurers whose motives are things like seeking out answers for science, hunting for treasure, or just traveling for the fun of it.

Perrachi Species Traits:

*+2 Dexterity, +2 Charisma, -2 Strength: Perrachi are fast and coordinated and have good social skills, but are lacking in physical strength in comparison to other races.

*Medium-size: As Medium-sized creatures, Perrachi have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size.

*Speed: Land speed is 20 feet, flying speed is 60 feet. Perrachi have short legs but are exceptional fliers.

*Flight Bladder: Perrachi stomachs have bacteria that produce hydrogen, which is stored in a special bladder used in flight. If a Perrachi has not eaten in 10 Perrawiih hours it will only be able to glide and jump.

*Wing-Aided Movement: Perrachi receive a +10 bonus to Jump checks because of the extra lift from their wings.

*Gliding: A Perrachi can use its wings to glide, negating damage from a fall of any height and allowing 20 feet of forward travel for every 5 feet of descent. Perrachi glide at a speed of 40 feet (good maneuverability). Even if a Perrachi's maneuverability improves, it can't hover while gliding. A Perrachi can't glide while carrying a heavy load. If a Perrachi becomes unconscious or helpless while in midair, its wings naturally unfurl and powerful ligaments stiffen the wings. The Perrachi descends in a tight corkscrew and takes only 1d6 points of falling damage, no matter what the actual distance of the fall.

*Flight: Upon reaching adolescence Perrachi gain the ability to fly at a speed of 60 feet(good maneuverability). A Perrachi can't fly while carrying a heavy load or while fatigued or exhausted. Perrachi can safely fly for a number of hours equal to their Constitution modifier. If the modifier is 0 or lower, it can fly safely for half an hour. It can exert itself to fly twice as long but then are fatigued at the flight's end.

*Unerring Direction: Perrachi have an instinctive sense of which direction is north in a planet with a sufficient magnetic field.

*Automatic Languages: Perraverbal/Perraform.

*Bonus Languages: Goonalspeak, Bino

I'm not writing "Galactic Common" because 1)It's easier to just use translators and 2)It is incredibly stupid to assume that every single species can pronounce the exact same words.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

gec05

« Reply #16 on: July 26, 2009, 09:20:28 pm »
I'm not writing "Galactic Common" because 1)It's easier to just use translators and 2)It is incredibly stupid to assume that every single species can pronounce the exact same words.

But it's easier since it's such a drain spending so much time explaining stuff like that. You can really drown people's interest if you have to take into consideration so many insignificant and pointless details. So I suggest you assume most races can pronounce it. That, or they can have a computerized mouthpiece that artificially produces words for them like Sam's Klinch.

Anyways, I never played SWSE, so I don't really have an idea how this works. Oh well, I'm off to do other stuff.
« Last Edit: July 26, 2009, 09:27:32 pm by Gec »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #17 on: July 27, 2009, 02:05:05 am »
Maybe a negative wisdom modifier to represent impulsiveness or just naivety and give them a bonus to Intelligence instead. Knowledge is after all governed by intelligence, where's wisdom is more of an intuitive awareness of things.

I think the Ancient Race thing is a bit vague. It needs some sort of numbers to back it up like a +/-4 to diplomacy checks or something.

I disagree about the wisdom thing but it took it off. I gave them +2 Dex and -2 Con. Nauceans are not the most durable species. Especially when they have naked skin and sensitive parts like their tentacles and "fleet".

And the ancient race would be up to the DM to determine. But i will add the +/- 4 diplomacy. I alo gave some examples of friend and foe species.
« Last Edit: July 27, 2009, 02:13:24 am by Hydromancerx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 27, 2009, 03:31:35 am »
Yeah, that looks better Hydro. I was actually going to suggest a - to constitution but I thought it would sound dumb because Nauceans look quite bulky :P
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 27, 2009, 07:33:18 am »
Klinch

Personality: Klinch are ineffable and sometimes ruthless, but are unflinchingly loyal to those they consider their allies. They strive for unity with those friendly to them and a swift death for their enemies.

Physical Description: Klinch have soft, bulbous bodies bearing flexible whiplike antennae and manipulators. They have two piercing cyan eyes and a bristly feeding frond.

Klinch Homeworld: The Klinch hail from a vast layer of fluid sandwiched between two huge force-fields on a murky and stormy gas giant.

Language: Klinch speak their own chemical and gestural language and require special translators to communicate effectively with others.

Example Names: Off-white benzene fluorocarbon substrate, swift tendrils of dessicating solvent, shaded arsenic colloids 

Adventurers: Klinch adventurers seek esoteric technologies and new potential allies. They may also be driven by a vendetta against another individual or species which wronged them in the past.

Klinch Species traits:

* +2 dexterity, +2 wisdom, -2 constitution, -2 strength, Klinch are adept at fine manipulations and have good instincts, but are physically fragile.

* Medium-size: As Medium Sized creatures, Klinch have no special bonuses or penalties due to their size

* A Klinch's swimming speed is 10 meters, a Klinch has no natural speed on land.

* Due to their aquatic heritage the Klinch rarely if ever use solid projectile weapons and suffer a -4 hit penalty when using any solid slug or primitive projectile weapon, however they also gain a +2 hit bonus with energy projectile weapons and direct energy weapons.

* Aquatic: Klinch can not survive in conditions differing from those of their homeworld and die in 1d4 + con bonus rounds if removed from their protective suits or vehicles.

* All Klinch are trained to use special life supporting suits, and gain Armour Proficiency: Powered Armour for free.

* Languages: Klinch speak Klinch Chemical and can read/write Klinch glyphic and galactic common.

Klinch power suit:
All Klinch adventurers must start play with a special life support power suit, which allows them to function and move on land. The cost of the suit is subtracted from the Klinch character's starting wealth. The cheapest such suit is detailed below.

Name¦cost¦damage reduction¦max dex bonus¦armour check penalty¦speed¦weight¦
Klinch Light Lifesuit
+3
10m
30kg

While in a Klinch Light Lifesuit a Klinch can function as though it were a land-dwelling creature, and retains its original swim speed when in a liquid thanks to built in propeller systems. A Klinch Light Lifesuit is also equipped with translator technology and external speakers/ receivers to allow a Klinch to communicate with other species. A Klinch in this suit is considered to have two hands with which to wield weapons and manipulate its environment.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #20 on: July 27, 2009, 11:05:27 am »
Thank you for your contributions, everyone! Could you please make separate posts for races, vehicles, planets, equipment, armor, weapons, and NPCs? It would make it easier to use the Table of Contents. Well, that's not quite the right wording...um...you know what I mean! Separate posts=better ToC.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: August 09, 2009, 03:57:15 pm »
I would include the Zorks, but I haven't an idea how d20 works. Time to read up on it.