Author Topic: Another awesome game that won't sell, Little Kings Story >.<  (Read 3921 times)

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
just over a week ago, this amazing little game for the wii that no one has ever heard of was released in the US (it's been out in europe for a couple months). it's a lot like pikmin, but with more kingdom building and rpg elements thrown in for good measure.

basically you are a curious little boy that one day finds a glorious crown that gives you the power to order people around. you'll summon people in your kingdom to your side, and then go out in to the great unknown to explore, collect treasure, and hopefully beat rival kings to expand your kingdom. whatever you want done, you simply "throw" your subjects at (pikmin style). if it's a log in the way, they'll cut it up, if it's an enemy, they fight it, a hole, they'll dig it, ect. as you expand your kingdom, you'll get to build special job buildings that change your citizens jobs. after a while, you can have farmers, soldiers, carpenters, hunters (ranged attacks) lumberjacks, miners, and many more. you'll eventually have to carry around a large varied group with you to get past different obstacles.

this game uses a very stylish and colorful art style. the cutscenes have a filter on them to make them look like moving oil paintings. the game may look childish, but it actually has some almost borderline adult themes in it. the kings you'll fight are very varied, from a drunk party animal, to a morbidly obese food lover that you literally play pinball against to beat, to a kingdom of worryworts, to a very long bearded king on top of a mountain who thinks that to be great is to be tall. you'll fight these kings in epic boss battles are are each different (some of them you don't even fight against, for example)

anyway, this game borrows some ideas from pikmin, and mixes in a light rpg and sim like experience, and finally adds it's own style with it's art and story. it's a very imaginative game, and it's also a fairly long game (well, 20 hours at least).

i'm just posting this because this game is selling crap in europe right now (it's at about 50k sales after almost 4 months) and i can tell it's not going to fair to well in the america's either. this is a game that i'm loving right now, and i just want the game to sell like it deserves, just like with zack and wiki, or okami, or blastworks, gems many other gems that have been forgotten over the years.

so, anyone willing to give it a chance?

Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
Re: Another awesome game that won't sell, Little Kings Story >.<
« Reply #1 on: July 31, 2009, 04:35:03 pm »
Colour me interested. I'm off to hit up the review circuit to get a feel for it before I start looking.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2009, 04:40:47 pm »
Was interested, until I found out it was a Wii-exclusive. Ugh. Why can't such good pikmin-like games be on other systems?

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
  • :33
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2009, 04:52:10 pm »
overlord is pretty good...

anyway yeah...didnt know this was out yet *gets it*

Quote from: Krakow sam
That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 31, 2009, 04:54:04 pm »
Upon closer inspection, this does look good.

Once I've dealt with SUPAH ROBOTO TAISEN and Mother 3, this'll probably be the next RPG for me to get obsessed with.
« Last Edit: August 02, 2009, 04:41:48 am by /lurk »
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 31, 2009, 06:29:59 pm »
Overlord is too limited in comparison to Pikmin, and apparently, this game. The higher graphics mean smaller maps...

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: August 07, 2009, 08:59:48 am »

I HATE YOU GIANT FROG!
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: August 07, 2009, 09:15:07 am »
theres a giant frog in this game too? >.>

the worst enemy in pikmin was a giant frog <.<

That quote is actualy very witty, Celdur. I suggest you use that in your signature.

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: August 07, 2009, 09:32:43 am »
Giant frogs, eh? What a load of bastards.
Not a winner anymore.

Offline Celdur

• R-Type Force Pod
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: August 07, 2009, 09:34:13 am »
in pikmin they would belly flop onto your pikmin group killing all of them if you didnt act fast...

...ALL OF THEM

Offline vonboy

• Centipede Crackerjack
  • the tiniest evil thing known to man and willosaurs
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: August 09, 2009, 11:54:33 am »
that reminds me, pikmin 3 needs a giant frog boss! :b

anyway, glad youre playing it lurk.

anyway, i was trying out tyrant mode in this game (you unlock it after beating the game once) and it's just plain cruel. theres really just one change to it, but it makes everything more frustrating. your king and all your subjects have one health. youre whole kingdom is populated by old geezers that'll kick the bucket if hit by a stray falling leaf. i gave up on it after being beaten to a bloody red pulp by the 2nd mini-boss 10 times. might try coming back to it later.
Quote from: ilikedirt
your spores are wack

Fatal Error: You're creature is crap. You're computer will now explode.

check out my sporepedia page!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/vonboy

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: August 09, 2009, 12:17:54 pm »
Why did you quote yourself like that?

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline /lurk

• Dragon Warrior Slime
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: August 09, 2009, 12:48:59 pm »
He was trying to edit his post and misclicked.

Anyway, now I've got to bounce a fat bastard around a pinball table. Instead of flippers, though, I'll be using my face.
Not a winner anymore.