Author Topic: Spore Patch 5  (Read 21772 times)

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
Re: Spore Patch 5
« Reply #30 on: July 29, 2009, 03:56:28 am »
Patch 5.1 fixes water rotation issues!
That was a nice quick response from Maxis.
« Last Edit: July 29, 2009, 04:08:42 am by Xeno264 »

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #31 on: July 29, 2009, 06:42:57 am »
GAH....

Got THIS lovely message after patching GA

|                                                                                                           |
|       [ Send ]                            [ Don't Send ]                                          |            
|___________________________________________________________________|

- W -
* Running XP on C:\ and Windows 7 RC on D:\ on a brand new computer that had Vista pre-installed on it before I removed it for something better *

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 29, 2009, 07:25:02 pm »
Argh! What the hell?! Ever since I downloaded the patch I can't play spore or GA. I can see the start up and go to create a creature/play an adventure/load a game and it just closes the game window. Argh! so frustrating!  >:(

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 29, 2009, 09:32:56 pm »
It did that to me once before, you have to go in and delete some files the install left behind.  I don't remember what files they were, it should be in the official help section somewhere.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Doomsday

• Track and Field Jock
  • And, boom goes the dynamite.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 31, 2009, 09:30:31 am »
Looks like Spore got a bump as something to play/mess around with while taking a break from NeoSteam/when my net is wonky. *still needs to pick GA*
"Never gonna give you up. Never gonna let you down. Never gonna run around and hurt you." - Elvis Presley

Offline Haseri

• Lode Runner
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 31, 2009, 11:59:14 am »
Sometimes I feel guilty when I read these and remeber I've never had a problem with Spore.

Then I remember Mass Effect, and all that guilt goes away.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #36 on: August 06, 2009, 05:31:20 am »
I got Spore to take the patch and run, took removing some files from this location....
C:\Documents And Settings\USER NAME\Application Data\SPORE\MVJCache\
I had to redo the Cache from square one, oh joy =P
I wish that folks doing these patches would make it so we didn't have to figure stuff like this out on our own

- W -
* Meh *

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: August 19, 2009, 02:32:29 pm »
Has this patch changed how creatures are animated? For example, make a stickbody with an eye on it. Put some legs, and run it around. The Eyestalk'll now be flung back from the motion, where the eye used to be 'locked' in a position. Same thing with mouths, they are no longer 'locked' or 'stable' things, they'll dangle and bob and it looks crappy.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: August 19, 2009, 06:54:41 pm »
Actually, the eye thing has been there for ages. Mouths, hands and feet cause that section of the body to be 'anchored'. The mouth is trickier, as it relates to the spine and not its own limb (most of the time). If you place a mouth at one end of a long spine, and then place some legs very close to it, the other end of the body will flap around like a tail or vestigium. The only way a mouth wouldn't anchor the section of the body, is if it was mistakenly placed on something else (such as having a pair of arms spanning from a single, central joint, and placing the mouth on that, instead of the spine, by accident.)