Inkling: Keabu's Excellent Adventure
17 (47.2%)
Flisch: Crash landing on Aquana
16 (44.4%)
Didero: A Day In The Life Of A Galactic Explorer
3 (8.3%)

Total Members Voted: 35

Voting closed: July 25, 2009, 05:05:31 am

Author Topic: LadyM's Galactic Adventure Contest: Vote now on who wins the GA expansion  (Read 20183 times)

Offline LadyM

• Mortal Kombat Konqueror
  • I'm not confused anymore
    • View Profile
    • LadyMpire
I ended up with two copies of Spore Galactic Adventures so I'm going to give one away in a contest.

Rules:
You must write an adventure story that you would like to make if you owned the game. Don't make it too long, a short story is fine. Pictures and drawings would be good. Entries will be put up for a forum vote and the best one wins a copy. I'm willing to ship anywhere so there is no restrictions.

If you win, then you must make that story to go in the Gaming Steve sporecast.

Contest ends Sat, July 18th, voting to start on Sunday July 19th.

Good luck!!
« Last Edit: July 19, 2009, 03:36:37 pm by LadyM »

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Re: LadyM's Galactic Adventure Contest: Win a copy of the expansion
« Reply #1 on: July 13, 2009, 07:16:08 am »
Thats the Gamingsteve Adventures sporecast right? Or is there another one?

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #2 on: July 13, 2009, 11:25:42 am »
There is a regular Gaming Steve Sporecast but it could go in both.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 14, 2009, 11:42:10 am »
Can non-US people participate?
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

gec05

« Reply #4 on: July 14, 2009, 11:44:22 am »
She said she was willing to ship anywhere. Unless there are any exceptions.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 14, 2009, 12:21:11 pm »
If that's the case, I might join in. I've been wanting to buy it for a while now but a bunch of stuff happened in my life money related that has stopped me from buying it for the time being :\

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #6 on: July 14, 2009, 02:28:26 pm »
This is a great idea! Best of luck to those who participate!

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 14, 2009, 06:10:41 pm »
Can we have stuff in the plot that might be difficult to make in-game? eg. if you have to go to a cave, you'd need to make boulder looking buildings and surround the playable area with them.

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 14, 2009, 07:55:15 pm »
Oh, I like the sound of this.  I'll need to go watch some Galactic Adventure videos to see what the game is capable of.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #9 on: July 15, 2009, 01:05:25 pm »
Can non-US people participate?
Yes I will ship anywhere. No exceptions.

Can we have stuff in the plot that might be difficult to make in-game? eg. if you have to go to a cave, you'd need to make boulder looking buildings and surround the playable area with them.
You are free to design as you like.

Is anyone going to participate?

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 15, 2009, 01:50:25 pm »
I was just about to post my entry.

Keabu's Excellent Adventure

I'll probably make a new version or two for the adventure

Keabu is the leader of the Emerald Bay tribe of Nautalids, a race of laid back land-squid hippies.  All he and his people do all day is eat, sleep, and get wasted on Scrill juice.  Then one day, the little green blobs talking to Keabu turn out to be more real than usual.  The green blobs are aliens!  They tell Keabu and his tribe that they would like to be allies and show them the wonders of the galaxy.  But unfortunately, another alien race, the Scrawbs, have already arrived and are in talks with the uptight and sober Freshwater Nautalids that live upstream.  The aliens say that the Scrawbs will bring a terrible reign of sobriety and actual work to the Nautalids.  A treaty between the two alien races means that the friendly aliens cannot interfere once the Scrawbs claim a planet, and the native creatures must make the Scrawb leave on their own.

You must lead Keabu the peaceful hippie inland to the Freshwater Nautalid village and find a way to make the advanced and industrious Scrawb leave your planet.  Otherwise, the Good Times are over!

Rated E10+ for comic mischief and mild drug use.
« Last Edit: July 15, 2009, 02:41:11 pm by Inkling »
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 16, 2009, 04:55:26 pm »
Crash landing on Aquana

(I tried to keep close to the cartoony style of Spore. >_>)

The adventure starts near a wreck - your ship. While the ship itself is damaged, it has repairing drones, that could repair the ship, if the energy core of your ship wasn't damaged by the crash as well. However, a Mallen sees the smoke coming out of your ship and leads you to his tribe. There the shaman tells you, that he knows where to get a new energy core from another crashed ship nearby and that the Mallen are going to help you repairing the core if you help them with a problem.

Recently, the tribe leader has been bitten by a venomous eel-like fish and is about to die, if the tribe can't get to find the antidote. The shaman knows how to make a new antidote, but without the tribe leader, they can't go out of their village to find the ingredients used for the antidote. In the end you agree to help them.

The shaman explains to you, that to make the antidote, you need three different things. The adventure is split into three subquests to find the three different ingredients.

First subquest:

The first ingredient is leaves from a certain plant. Sounds rather easy at first, but unfortunately this plant lives in symbiosis with a very dangerous animal called the Saberhead. The Saberheads guard the plant at all times and make it very difficult to get near that plant. This quest lets you choose what to do. Either you can try to avoid the Saberheads walking around as they have a very low sight radius or you can try to fight the Saberheads, which might be difficult if you encounter a herd. Whatever you do, the important thing is, that you return to the village with a leaf from the plant.

Second subquest:

The second ingredient is the blood from the Sungulper, a very ferocious insectoid predator living in the swamps of Aquana. This quest is more straight-forward than the first one, because the only way to obtain the blood of the beast is to fight it. Luckily though, there is only one Sungulper you will encounter as these animals are loners. Once you kill the Sungulper, you can collect some of its blood and bring it back to the village.

Third subquest:

The third ingredient is the egg of a Tricorn. These noble creatures live in large herds and are normally calm herbivores unless you mess with their eggs, which, unfortunately, you are just going to do. To steal an egg from the Tricorns' nest is not easy, because there are many of them and they might attack you immediately. Furthermore the Mallen tribe believes, that Tricorns are sacred beings and killing one is a bad omen, that will bring harm upon the whole village. This means, that you must not kill any of the Tricorns. This leaves only with one option: avoid their sight radius and get away before they realize the missing egg.

Once you bring back all the three ingredients, the shaman can brew the antidote and the tribe is saved. To show their gratitude, the Mallen keep their promise to help you out and bring you another, undamaged energy core which you can use to activate the ship's repairing units, so that your ship can leave the planet again.
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 17, 2009, 12:38:01 am »
I quite like that idea Flisch.

Offline Didero

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 17, 2009, 01:06:12 am »
A Day In The Life Of A Galactic Explorer

You are an explorer, always on the lookout for new inhabited planets. While they're not too rare, it's always fun to find a new civilization.
The planet you found today is inhabited by a fairly advanced species. By intercepting some of their transmissions, you gather that they're completely unaware of the possibility of other life being present in the galaxy. Furthermore, the planet isn't unified; there are several countries, each with its own culture. Some are violent, some are religious, and some appear, luckily, rather peaceful and calm.
It's your job to acquaint this species with the galaxy, and convince them there are other species out there, one nation at the time. Follow the Galactic Guidelines for Species Interaction, which states, among other rules, that "communication with a newly discovered species should be done as peaceful as possible, to show good intentions", so try to not too kill too many. Another rule states that "you must not try to convince the species you are a god or god-like being, and you must deny and correct any of the species' assumptions that you might be." So don't show off too much.
Good luck!

I don't know if this is feasible to make in Galactic Adventures, but I could always try.
Also, no pictures, since I can't draw at all well.

Offline LadyM

• View Profile
    • LadyMpire
« Reply #14 on: July 18, 2009, 06:05:34 pm »
Last chance to enter. I'll put the poll up tomorrow and the vote can begin.