Author Topic: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince  (Read 19994 times)

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
Re: Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
« Reply #90 on: September 12, 2009, 08:28:31 pm »
After thinking about it, watching it again, and re-reading the book, I have decided I do not like this movie.
A lot of book 6 was leading in to book 7, and instead of making it a compelling movie they decided to replace it with Bonnie Wright feeding people cookies and tying their shoelaces. And the end was not even nearly as awesome as it could have been.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #91 on: October 18, 2009, 12:58:14 pm »
After thinking about it, watching it again, and re-reading the book, I have decided I do not like this movie.
A lot of book 6 was leading in to book 7, and instead of making it a compelling movie they decided to replace it with Bonnie Wright feeding people cookies and tying their shoelaces. And the end was not even nearly as awesome as it could have been.

I concur with this assessement. This movie was bad.. badly directed and scripted.. well.. not all parts.
But they went from bloody brilliant scripting and directing to just bland crap.

What the hell happened? Did they make too much money on the other movies to give a crap about these?
I love you Magenti, you are my hero!!
Kenobros confession!
Quote from: Kenobro on October 06, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #92 on: October 18, 2009, 01:10:52 pm »
No it's that the actors got to cocky and now they s***.  Radcliffe is getting heaps of money because he's threatening to leave before they finish shooting.  Because the entire staff is made up of his slaves, he just does whatever he feels like.  No one will complain about ANY of the actors because if any of them quit then they're screwed.

Offline Magenti

• Zork Emperor
    • View Profile
« Reply #93 on: October 18, 2009, 01:56:52 pm »
As far as I could see the acting was fine. It was mostly how the director desided to continue the film that pissed me off. Dumbledores death was not even dramatic.. even though it was all slow motion falling.
I love you Magenti, you are my hero!!
Kenobros confession!
Quote from: Kenobro on October 06, 2009, 01:41:48 PM
I suppose it's funny that you posted after me, because you are also female.  How coincidental.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #94 on: October 18, 2009, 01:57:10 pm »
Umm, spoilers?  Use them please?

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Ultimatum

• Wild Gunman Gangster
    • View Profile
« Reply #95 on: October 18, 2009, 02:17:15 pm »
Umm, spoilers?  Use them please?

:D

Another spoiler,Snape killed him!

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #96 on: October 18, 2009, 02:18:13 pm »
No, I meant use the spoiler tag.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Logan Felipe

• Ultima Lord
  • SAND JABBA!
    • View Profile
    • Personal World Clock
« Reply #97 on: December 15, 2009, 04:34:45 pm »
7 = two movies

thought you should know.

Heard it on the tonight show.

Months ago. : P

I'm seriously debating whether I'm even going to see them in theaters. I'll likely wait until dvd, blockbuster them, have my intellect insulted, then never watch them again...

The thing is, they're doomed to fail, because they already cut out the set up of a lot of the unexpected stuff that shows up in seven out of the previous six. So in order for them to actually be made, they'll end up making up EVERYTHING.

What the hell happened? Did they make too much money on the other movies to give a crap about these?

The SGU effect. That's what happened...  > . >

Yates: "An adaptation of a popular book series? Nerds who read books can't watch movies, but we've developed a large zombie-like fanbase; why should we pay more when we can simply milk them? Let's turn from a fantasy adventure into a lower cost drama - with bad lighting!"

4 wasn't too bad as a stand alone movie if you ignored everything that was cut and changed; but 5 was ridiculous, and 6...
These 3 films broke my false impression that all British people make good films...Where's Colombus when you need him?

And while Slughorn's actor was great in other films (Indy Jones anyone?), he is also a character actor; for the role to fit properly, you have to match your actor to the character; not the other way around. The thing is, he's apparently an actor with a long list of british films in his resume. Actors with standing are traditionally intimidating (usually unintentionally, unless they've got an ego problem) for many directors to work with. Rarely, you get lucky, as with Alec Guinness and Peter Cushing, both actors with decades of experience who handled their roles very well, despite George Lucas' inability to know and properly express to his actors just what exactly he's looking for (other than "faster and more intense")...

Spore! Star Wars! Dinosaurs!
Fanfic!

I blame what I call the Scopes Law (When discussing evolution in the presence of a creationist, the discussion always becomes a religious debate).