Author Topic: (NC)Kuyrudam-my creature  (Read 5756 times)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: (NC)Kuyrudam-my creature
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 12:15:04 pm »
I am not ignoring the main argument, you are. Asteroids and comets are finite sources of material, and I seriously doubt that there's some bacteria that magically converts the 'mud' of this creature back into iron or whatever it is that they eat. If they evolved, even less chance of reaching sentience, for the mere fact that they would've have enough of a food supply.

"Mostly living on comets and meteors the species eats the meteors because of well what else are you going to eat."

This sentence indicates that they obviously do not eat any sort of flora or fauna that grows on the asteroid. The fact stands that they have an extremely finite food supply that would very quickly disappear, just like fossil fuels, because it is non-renewable.

I do have an imagination, but this creature goes incredibly far down into the abyss of absurdity. Unless the asteroids and comets have an actual ecosystem, I do not see this creature actually functioning at all.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 12:16:19 pm »
Which ruins the whole sake of making a story. Have an imagination for once Raz, we're not all God. :-\
It's Raz. What are you going to do.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 12:17:00 pm »
That I will not argue with.  Without an ecosystem, there would have been no reason for this race to evolve, but we don't have all the information yet, so give it time.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

gec05

« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 12:23:10 pm »
I think you could have an entire ecosystem on an asteroid belt. Maybe there can be crystal-like plant life growing on asteroids that don't need water but just the soil and ample sunlight.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 12:24:15 pm »
But he still just says they eat the asteroids and comets themselves, which is my problem with them.

gec05

« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 12:25:19 pm »
I was suggesting a change to the details, just so that it makes you shut up. :)

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 01:02:59 pm »
Well Raz does make very good points about my species I do have explanations but just wait. I have work to do in real world so patients please.

Edit: ok now that im done with work for now I can explain. yes the species only eat the meteors and comets. This is because other species do exsitis on the very large belt (more on the belt later) they do have predators in the belt. these guys are kinda at the bottom of the food chain (for now) and are I guess the plant of there area and as I said more info on the belt will come later. now the reason why they dont exaust food is because just like on earth the species decompose into the earth. The animals on the belt do somthing similar but istead form into solid rock after dieing because of lack of water.

Ok Raz does this pass your approval. if not try to give a sugestion instead of shooting it down.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 02:19:41 pm by dacmat22 »

click or the egg gets it

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 04:48:12 pm »
ANDROME
here is a system diagram that show how the belt goes from hot to cold. The Kuyrudam live in the green area. now as you can see this asteroid belt is quite thick. this makes the belt act as a planet almost on its own it just lacs water. The planet that is behind the belt is called scorma and is a dwarf planet. the planet itself is actually smaller than the belt.

scorma does minimal affect to the belt because of its strange orbit with the sun ,Volatin.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:32:18 pm by dacmat22 »

click or the egg gets it

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 04:52:29 pm »
In any case, based on their diet, they'd likely be very tough.

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 08, 2009, 04:56:13 pm »
In any case, based on their diet, they'd likely be very tough.
actualy I am going to talk about there biology very soon and yes your correct, give yourself a cookie. :D

click or the egg gets it

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 08, 2009, 08:08:06 pm »
Biology

stats
skin: smooth but incredibly tough, skeletal outside.
mouths: one mouth on the outside with three razor sharp and incredibly strong, another just behind it in the throat.
Brain: the whole body is connected with a nervous system making the whole body a brain.
blood: red
arms/legs: 5ft long ending with three claws.
sight: hypersonic pitch sonar. the 2 membranes located above the mouth. top one sends signal, bottom one receives signal.
size: ten feet tall from leg to tip of body.
life span: 25 years
Reproduction: fragmentation can reproduce 10 times a year.
now I wanted to go into greater detail about the legs and reproduction.

this is a diagram of the process of there fragmentation.
1. species leg still connected to Kuyrudam.
2. leg ready to split from leg. acidic material eating through the now dead skin. 
3. split is done.
4. leg connected to a rock floating through the asteroid Field.
5. hard shell has formed to which will become another Kuyrudam.

now that I have shown you this process you must be wondering "that doesn't make any sense because now it cant move well through the asteroid Field." well the species use rapid mitosis to quickly reform a leg. the species is mostly bacterial so rapid mitosis becomes possible. reforming a leg in a matter of minutes.   

click or the egg gets it

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:47 pm »
Sort of like how when you cut the arm of a sea star, it turns it to two sea stars. Awesome :D
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 08, 2009, 08:55:33 pm »
Sort of like how when you cut the arm of a sea star, it turns it to two sea stars. Awesome :D
exactly
Edit: any one want to know more I cant think of anything else to so.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 09:01:36 pm by dacmat22 »

click or the egg gets it

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 11:36:14 am »
Now wait a second here *looks around with confusion* Raz is no longer complaining about my species. Its a miracle.

well any way on to....
Structure

this is a kuyrudam village. not very large looking. it can contain up to 1200 of them. now there are only two sides of this structure to prevent to much complication. the top part is were marketing takes place. and the bottom is where living takes place. The whole town is covered by an electricaly plasma force field produced by the gold ring the floor base. the force field creates a barrier that keeps the meteors from destroying the city and the Kuyrudam from falling out. Though whenever they hit the force field it gives them a small shock so most stay away.

this is where they. in big yellow goop. although this seem very icky to most it actualy relaxes them very much and is the only substance that can alow the species to sleep. this goop is collected from a animal that was ones there predator but now just like a farm animal.  

post your quistions please so I can make a more acurate discription of the race.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 07:09:38 pm by dacmat22 »

click or the egg gets it

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 01:54:30 pm »
First of all, their cities have no gravity, right? They aren't nearly big enough to have a gravitational field. Secondly, can you please explain how the electrical field doesn't affect organic material in proper scientific terms? And I don't think it would be a wise idea to make living things unaffected, because a Kuyrudam could fall out of the force field easily.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.