Author Topic: (NC)Kuyrudam-my creature  (Read 5741 times)

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
(NC)Kuyrudam-my creature
« on: July 08, 2009, 07:09:45 am »
now the picture doesn't look to good because I dont have my scanner so bare with me please.

Kuyrudam

The Kuyurudam are a very peculiar species being that they are one of few species that can live in space without dying. This is because of the compressed inner structure that allows them to do so. Mostly living on comets and meteors the species eats the meteors because of well what else are you going to eat. Their preferred meals are comets because the comet has the very basic chemicals for life. Because it would be hard to find a mate in space the Kuyrudam use fragmentation as a form of reproduction. The process happens quite frequently and I will have diagrams showing how this process works.

I will have more info on the species later.

Edit: can anyone join the NC just wondering.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:19:10 am by dacmat22 »

click or the egg gets it

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
Re: (NC)Kuyrudam-my creature
« Reply #1 on: July 08, 2009, 09:42:55 am »
So they eat comets and asteroids, despite the fact that's what they're basicly holding onto? They don't realize 'oh, crap, if I eat this thing from under my feet, I'll go floating off into space...' ?

gec05

« Reply #2 on: July 08, 2009, 10:06:53 am »
Maybe they should live mostly on asteroid fields and belts around planets in colonies.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 08, 2009, 10:07:48 am »
It's just that asteroids and comets are very finite, and I doubt they'd exist long enough to become sentient.

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • The cousin of Tiberium.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 08, 2009, 10:27:44 am »
I doubt that they would become sentient.

On another hand, It doesnt seem to imply that its sentient.

Click on the picture.
Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 08, 2009, 11:49:01 am »
Maybe they should live mostly on asteroid fields and belts around planets in colonies.
Give gec a prize. 8) though I dont have much time right now to explain everything I will get to these points. such as how they became sentient.

click or the egg gets it

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 08, 2009, 11:54:52 am »
And? The fact remains that asteroids are finite, they would have long since run out of any place to live, if they live entirely in space.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 08, 2009, 11:57:45 am »
And? The fact remains that asteroids are finite, they would have long since run out of any place to live, if they live entirely in space.

By that argument, Earth is finite, how are we still here?  Conservation of matter my friend.  In layman's terms, "What goes in, must come out".
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 08, 2009, 12:00:18 pm »
On Earth, we don't eat the friggin earth. We eat plants, which grow because of the sun.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 12:03:18 pm »
Where does the matter come from genious?  There is finite matter on the Earth just as there is on the comets.  I doubt they are the only species there.  Also, anything extruded and any Kuyrudam that dies returns to the comet.  Nor do I think that they eat everything, probably only certain compounds.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:04:20 pm »
And?? The fact stands. They literally eat the ground out from under themselves, while we eat plants. Which, you know, grow because of the sun. Some eat animals which, you know, eat the plants, which grew from the sun. I don't see humans eating rocks.

gec05

« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 12:04:40 pm »
And Kuyrudam poop is just mud, which goes back onto the asteroid.

So by that logic, these creatures perhaps have a diet rich in iron and metal.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:05:28 pm »
They still have an incredibly finite amount of stuff they can eat. They would've died off long ago, for lack of food.

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 12:09:54 pm »
And?? The fact stands. They literally eat the ground out from under themselves, while we eat plants. Which, you know, grow because of the sun. Some eat animals which, you know, eat the plants, which grew from the sun. I don't see humans eating rocks.

MATTER!  You are ignoreing the main argument here.  Plants are not made out of sunlight.  They are built from nutrients drawn from the soil.  Carbon!  We may not eat rocks, but we eat Carbon from the Earth, only in the form of delicious bell peppers.

What I'm saying is, yes, while we do not devour our whole planet, we do, in effect, eat certain minerals and compounds from it.

Warning - while you were typing a new reply has been posted. You may wish to review your post.

They still have an incredibly finite amount of stuff they can eat. They would've died off long ago, for lack of food.

How do you know?  Perhaps they live in an increadibly vast asteroid belt with enough resources to sustain them for billions of years?  Don't be so quick to dismiss everything.  Half the races on this forum have flaws to them that don't make sense.  Suspension of belief is sorta a key part to making Science Fiction material.

gec05

« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 12:11:43 pm »
Which ruins the whole sake of making a story. Have an imagination for once Raz, we're not all God. :-\