Author Topic: [NC] Akazi  (Read 12951 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 06:13:21 pm »
Godmodding is all relative. Also, following the line of thought that godmodding makes winning to easy, wouldn't that make the nuclear bomb godmodding? So why is it allowed in RPing?

Also, I don't think I ever said that it was unstopabble. Also, I take back the pencil thing, my original conception of the weapon was a small fighter plane sized missile. Calibrating the weapon takes time; it has to sample the material it impacted, make sure it is an enemy, "program" the stuff to eat that material, grow a sufficient amount of it, wait for the activation code to be received, and then destabilize it. Even then, not all of the ship could be eaten; only one type of material would be eaten, if it was miscalibrated, only, for example, the window of a room it impacted would be dissolved and vice-versa.

Also, Raz, you think everything is lame and sucks. Ans I'm not saying this opinion is always wrong. And this time I agree with you. It was lame.

EDIT: I'll add an extra weakpoint (Which I already made, but forgot to add.). The stuff only survives for about one second, and devouring material isn't an instantaneous process; it takes time. Some materials aren't destructible with "standard" missiles;they're just too strong. The replicated bacteria also isn't as strong as the original, and degrades to a point it can't be used. Depending on the target and material of that target, it could be more than enough time, or nowhere close to enough time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:43:29 pm by Kitkat »
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi - comment already!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 07:44:56 pm »
Kitkat on weapons of the Akazi, part III:

The weapons are classed I through VII, I being the weakest, VII bordering on godmodding (Only 3 have been created. Ever. And the firing order may only be given by the leader of the nation possesing it.). Class ones are small musket like shells, the size of about a chickpea. They have no technology involved, and detonate on impact with anything, targeted on no particular material or object. They deteriorate very quickly, and only make a hole about 5 feet across in a plate of steel. Classes two and three are progressively more destructive, with two making a ten foot wide hole, and three, 12 feet. Four and five require an activation code, and posses a tracker, but are otherwise the same. Five has specific missiles for certain materials, and destroy material in a 100 foot radius on average. They are very expensive to fabricate. Six is a full blown droid missile, about five feet long. They have several photoreceptor "eyes" that determine whether the target is friend of foe, friend, they self-destruct with minimal damage to the ship. They sample the majority of the material it contacted with, and fabricates a strain particular to that material. They do damage to a 150 foot radius around the contact point. Class seven missiles are the worst of all. Capable of destroying almost all of a mile long ship. They are completely autonomous, and can distinguish ship classes on it's own. They are very maneuverable, to the extent of a small fighter ship. They have two foot thick armor plating, and shields to match. They are capable of releasing six fast-spreading strains of bacteria, each consuming a different material. These also come equipped with a hyperdrive, and sensor cloaking systems. (It can be seen, but not scanned.) These cost an insane ammount of money, it's just not worth it.

Well, that was quite a wall of text, wasn't it?

I'll have pictures up some time tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:54:16 pm by Kitkat »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi - wow, people don't talk much
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 08:10:29 pm »
Yeah people aren't very talkative in here unless someone posts an amazing picture that everyone seems to like.

But very nice work Kitkat, I'm really liking these guys!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 08:13:48 pm »
I rely hope Razonatair doesn't call you out for "godmodding" again. If you do, I may just have to make a few modifications to my race's technology. :-\

I'm loving the idea of using bacteria to erode various materials. It's not just for oil spills anymore! :D

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 08:16:09 pm »
No, he actually balanced it. Before, the whole 'my stuff kill yer stuff, and my stuff is just a wee little pencil that can kill all yer stuff' BS was my problem with it.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 08:22:22 pm »
There should almost be a weapon thread, although that might get too technical. But basically a list of the common weapons of the galaxy.

Really they could probably be simplified big time by reducing them to several key classes. Then there could be a 'special side effect' or something similar.

Example
Major Weapon Classes
Energy Weapons
Mass Drivers (Projectiles)
Missile Systems

There could probably be a few more that aren't included, but from there you could go into a variety of different things that would make everything a lot easier. You could even do that for defenses as well really...

Example
Major Defensive Measures
Shielding Systems
Armored Plating
Point Defenses

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that I posted this all in Kitkat's creature's thread. Sorry about that. If you want me to move it, just say, it doesn't really fit in here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:52:13 pm by Josasa »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 08:51:18 pm »
No, he actually balanced it. Before, the whole 'my stuff kill yer stuff, and my stuff is just a wee little pencil that can kill all yer stuff' BS was my problem with it.
Yeah, and I thank you for making me see that. I originally made it much more balanced, but I made it much more godmoddish when I posted it for some reason.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:43 pm »
I'm saying the last bit is balanced, for the most part, atleast.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 08:57:31 pm »
There should almost be a weapon thread, although that might get too technical. But basically a list of the common weapons of the galaxy.

Really they could probably be simplified big time by reducing them to several key classes. Then there could be a 'special side effect' or something similar.

Example
Major Weapon Classes
Energy Weapons
Mass Drivers (Projectiles)
Missile Systems

There could probably be a few more that aren't included, but from there you could go into a variety of different things that would make everything a lot easier. You could even do that for defenses as well really...

Example
Major Defensive Measures
Shielding Systems
Armored Plating
Point Defenses

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that I posted this all in Kitkat's creature's thread. Sorry about that. If you want me to move it, just say, it doesn't really fit in here.
No, that is completely fine with me. I'm just glad people like it, and commented XD.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 10:27:40 am »

TADAAA! Pictures may not be completely to scale.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi - NEW PICTURE! THAT'S RIGHT! NEW PICTUUUUUUUUURE!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 10:29:03 am »
Tell me why the Akazi don't like the Vykusi.  Is it because of the threat of taking a suitable planet?
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 10:43:03 am »
Irritated didn't seem quite right. They won't let a Vykusi ship in their space, but if one comes in, it won't be outright blown up.

EDIT: No piccy comment?

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 11:35:45 am »
Not blow it up, you say?  Well, if one were to come you to take a planet, you wouldn't have TIME to.

And your pictures are always good.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:27 am »

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 01:02:01 pm »
Pretty cool :)
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet