Author Topic: [NC] Akazi  (Read 13236 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
[NC] Akazi
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:54:56 pm »
My picture is still VERY much a work in progress; it might not be up for a while...

The Akazi are a race living in a huge gas giant, quite an unusual habitat for intelligent species. They get nutrition through chemosynthesis, this also gives them the ability to change the simple gaseous elements in the easily habitable habitable zone of the planet into heavier ones. Without this, they would most likely be no more then floating bubbles of bacteria, rather then the majestic flyers they are today. They have a tough exoskeleton to protect from the vast pressure differences in the planet's atmosphere. They cultivate vehicles and such by a similar bacteria to their predecessors, creating structures like their exoskeletons. They are curious explorers, and are brave in the face of danger. They aren't afraid to fight. So far, they are progressed about as far as twenty-third century Earth, only just exploring outside their system, and know little of international peace. The first warp vessel has been created recently, and has been on a long voyage to a distant star system.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:22:10 pm by Kitkat »

Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:00:17 pm »

There. This should spark some interest.

I probably won't be developing these guys's story before the Wormhole. Basically; they started as simple floaters, which began to move farther up and down in the atmosphere more frequently, making a need for higher agility and durability. They became more sleek and depended on their wings more for lift. The tentacles used for collecting gas became manipulators, and they began to make simple shelters on the floating islands of the giant. They learned the advantages of communication. Their civilization developed to the point they began to explore space, basically where they are now.

Let the RPing develop their story.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:05:01 pm »
Their planet's ecosystem:

Their planet's ecosystem is not very diverse. Not many creatures were successful, the most notable being the Akazi's ancestor, similar in relative size to a whale. The Akazi themselves, the most successful animal, averaging at 12 long fully stretched out. The Akazi predator variant, a smaller, quicker, meaner version of the Akazi. The plants mainly consist of huge bubble colonies of floater plants. There provide support for grasses and such, effectively making huge, floating islands.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:44:37 pm »
Realy digging the wing feet! Gas Giant races seem to be the new "thing" for the NC, that and shapeshifters  :D

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 02:45:54 pm »
Thanks! ;D

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:55:28 pm »
Realy digging the wing feet! Gas Giant races seem to be the new "thing" for the NC, that and shapeshifters  :D
Only one race is a full on shapeshifter, the other species has it as a genetic defect.

I like the picture a lot, especially the snakelike shape.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 04:07:58 pm »
There's only three, as far as I know.  The Nessyc, the Klinch, and these.  It does seem to be a trend.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:13 pm »
The idea of a gas-giant-dwelling race is one I've had before I even knew of spore.

And: Yannick: I'm glad you like it. :)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 05:21:45 pm »
Weapons
[/size]
Not very many weapons have been developed, but research into a top secret bacteriological weapon is being carried out in government research facilities. This technology is and always has been the focus of Akazian weapons developers.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 11:59:44 am »
Lame?

edit- To be more specific, I mean your weapon. Your weapon is really lame and god-modey.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:10:00 pm by Razonatair »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:12:14 pm »
Go away. >:(

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 12:19:18 pm »
No, because your weapon is pretty lame and god-modey, therefore, I am obligated to tell you so.

A special strain of the bacteria was created to convert heavier elements, like metals, into itself, then would disintegrate.

Uh huh. Disintegrate, from bacteria. I can see nanobots performing things like this, but not really bacteria. Nor do I see bacteria disintegrating themselves, since life kinda wants to live. Once again, I can see nanobots doing it.

It would remain inert until an activation code was sent to the missile containing the stuff. It would then continue to, potentially, eat up an entire ship, the evaporate into hydrogen.

Uh huh. First part is fine, but I still do not see the ship just evaporating.

The missile could be as small as a pencil, almost undetectable to the targeted ship.

This is the gay part. This is extremely lame. 'almost undetectable' therefore you cannot stop it, therefore it is god-modey. The entire sentence just screams god-modey and lame to me.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:58:54 pm »
Fine it's gone, happy?

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 01:01:39 pm »
Iz nice?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 05:46:57 pm »
This is the gay part. This is extremely lame. 'almost undetectable' therefore you cannot stop it, therefore it is god-modey. The entire sentence just screams god-modey and lame to me.
Excuse me, but don't you think homophobia isn't exactly the best option in life? If you're going to be so disrespectful to others as to use their status as an insult, there's something very wrong with you.

And Kitkat, you're doing a great job on these guys, don't listen to Razonatair. Today in the early 21st century we have pencil-sized guns, so it stands to reason we can have pencil-sized missiles in the 23rd century.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: July 08, 2009, 06:13:21 pm »
Godmodding is all relative. Also, following the line of thought that godmodding makes winning to easy, wouldn't that make the nuclear bomb godmodding? So why is it allowed in RPing?

Also, I don't think I ever said that it was unstopabble. Also, I take back the pencil thing, my original conception of the weapon was a small fighter plane sized missile. Calibrating the weapon takes time; it has to sample the material it impacted, make sure it is an enemy, "program" the stuff to eat that material, grow a sufficient amount of it, wait for the activation code to be received, and then destabilize it. Even then, not all of the ship could be eaten; only one type of material would be eaten, if it was miscalibrated, only, for example, the window of a room it impacted would be dissolved and vice-versa.

Also, Raz, you think everything is lame and sucks. Ans I'm not saying this opinion is always wrong. And this time I agree with you. It was lame.

EDIT: I'll add an extra weakpoint (Which I already made, but forgot to add.). The stuff only survives for about one second, and devouring material isn't an instantaneous process; it takes time. Some materials aren't destructible with "standard" missiles;they're just too strong. The replicated bacteria also isn't as strong as the original, and degrades to a point it can't be used. Depending on the target and material of that target, it could be more than enough time, or nowhere close to enough time.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 06:43:29 pm by Kitkat »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi - comment already!
« Reply #16 on: July 08, 2009, 07:44:56 pm »
Kitkat on weapons of the Akazi, part III:

The weapons are classed I through VII, I being the weakest, VII bordering on godmodding (Only 3 have been created. Ever. And the firing order may only be given by the leader of the nation possesing it.). Class ones are small musket like shells, the size of about a chickpea. They have no technology involved, and detonate on impact with anything, targeted on no particular material or object. They deteriorate very quickly, and only make a hole about 5 feet across in a plate of steel. Classes two and three are progressively more destructive, with two making a ten foot wide hole, and three, 12 feet. Four and five require an activation code, and posses a tracker, but are otherwise the same. Five has specific missiles for certain materials, and destroy material in a 100 foot radius on average. They are very expensive to fabricate. Six is a full blown droid missile, about five feet long. They have several photoreceptor "eyes" that determine whether the target is friend of foe, friend, they self-destruct with minimal damage to the ship. They sample the majority of the material it contacted with, and fabricates a strain particular to that material. They do damage to a 150 foot radius around the contact point. Class seven missiles are the worst of all. Capable of destroying almost all of a mile long ship. They are completely autonomous, and can distinguish ship classes on it's own. They are very maneuverable, to the extent of a small fighter ship. They have two foot thick armor plating, and shields to match. They are capable of releasing six fast-spreading strains of bacteria, each consuming a different material. These also come equipped with a hyperdrive, and sensor cloaking systems. (It can be seen, but not scanned.) These cost an insane ammount of money, it's just not worth it.

Well, that was quite a wall of text, wasn't it?

I'll have pictures up some time tomorrow.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 07:54:16 pm by Kitkat »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi - wow, people don't talk much
« Reply #17 on: July 08, 2009, 08:10:29 pm »
Yeah people aren't very talkative in here unless someone posts an amazing picture that everyone seems to like.

But very nice work Kitkat, I'm really liking these guys!

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 08, 2009, 08:13:48 pm »
I rely hope Razonatair doesn't call you out for "godmodding" again. If you do, I may just have to make a few modifications to my race's technology. :-\

I'm loving the idea of using bacteria to erode various materials. It's not just for oil spills anymore! :D

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 08, 2009, 08:16:09 pm »
No, he actually balanced it. Before, the whole 'my stuff kill yer stuff, and my stuff is just a wee little pencil that can kill all yer stuff' BS was my problem with it.

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 08, 2009, 08:22:22 pm »
There should almost be a weapon thread, although that might get too technical. But basically a list of the common weapons of the galaxy.

Really they could probably be simplified big time by reducing them to several key classes. Then there could be a 'special side effect' or something similar.

Example
Major Weapon Classes
Energy Weapons
Mass Drivers (Projectiles)
Missile Systems

There could probably be a few more that aren't included, but from there you could go into a variety of different things that would make everything a lot easier. You could even do that for defenses as well really...

Example
Major Defensive Measures
Shielding Systems
Armored Plating
Point Defenses

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that I posted this all in Kitkat's creature's thread. Sorry about that. If you want me to move it, just say, it doesn't really fit in here.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 08:52:13 pm by Josasa »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 08, 2009, 08:51:18 pm »
No, he actually balanced it. Before, the whole 'my stuff kill yer stuff, and my stuff is just a wee little pencil that can kill all yer stuff' BS was my problem with it.
Yeah, and I thank you for making me see that. I originally made it much more balanced, but I made it much more godmoddish when I posted it for some reason.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 08, 2009, 08:53:43 pm »
I'm saying the last bit is balanced, for the most part, atleast.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 08, 2009, 08:57:31 pm »
There should almost be a weapon thread, although that might get too technical. But basically a list of the common weapons of the galaxy.

Really they could probably be simplified big time by reducing them to several key classes. Then there could be a 'special side effect' or something similar.

Example
Major Weapon Classes
Energy Weapons
Mass Drivers (Projectiles)
Missile Systems

There could probably be a few more that aren't included, but from there you could go into a variety of different things that would make everything a lot easier. You could even do that for defenses as well really...

Example
Major Defensive Measures
Shielding Systems
Armored Plating
Point Defenses

EDIT: Wow, I just realized that I posted this all in Kitkat's creature's thread. Sorry about that. If you want me to move it, just say, it doesn't really fit in here.
No, that is completely fine with me. I'm just glad people like it, and commented XD.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 09, 2009, 10:27:40 am »

TADAAA! Pictures may not be completely to scale.

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi - NEW PICTURE! THAT'S RIGHT! NEW PICTUUUUUUUUURE!!!
« Reply #25 on: July 09, 2009, 10:29:03 am »
Tell me why the Akazi don't like the Vykusi.  Is it because of the threat of taking a suitable planet?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 09, 2009, 10:43:03 am »
Irritated didn't seem quite right. They won't let a Vykusi ship in their space, but if one comes in, it won't be outright blown up.

EDIT: No piccy comment?

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 09, 2009, 11:35:45 am »
Not blow it up, you say?  Well, if one were to come you to take a planet, you wouldn't have TIME to.

And your pictures are always good.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 09, 2009, 11:51:27 am »

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 09, 2009, 01:02:01 pm »
Pretty cool :)
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 09, 2009, 01:56:25 pm »
Wowza, that's one cool missile! How did you come up with the Class VII design?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 09, 2009, 02:00:38 pm »
Thought what a droid starfighter (star wars) and a missile together would look like. I also got my inspiration from a bee.

Offline dacmat22

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 09, 2009, 07:40:58 pm »
awsome these guys are cool.

click or the egg gets it

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 08:21:57 pm »
Thanks!

Akazian housing:

Akazian housing is relatively simple. They are basically blimps, most are actually mobile like them, others are much, much larger, but following the same basic design, though immobile. They are held aloft by huge propellers, since they're too big to be suspended by gas in a largely hydrogen atmosphere. One maneuver that these are designed to perform is a drop into the excessive pressures in the lower regions of the planet. This is used as an attempt to evade an enemy.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 07:28:20 am »

This is a Horizon class cruiser. Gah. I can't think of what to say about them... Uhh... hmmmmm....

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 08:09:32 am »
Akazi shields no longer can be like the Ni'Calls's. (God, I hate that Ni'Calls shields are always the best. That's pretty godmoddish from my point of view.)
Now back ontopic from my random outburst of anger.

What defense does the Horizon have?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 08:18:44 am by pie »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 12, 2009, 09:10:36 am »
Akazi shields no longer can be like the Ni'Calls's.
??? What? Just drop it dude... and I said nothing of the Ni'Calls...

Defenses.. OK. It has a Class 4/5 Akazian Desintegrator Gun (shot types one through four). Basic plasmic shielding. It's primary purpose is exploration, so it's not as heavily armed as some ships go.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 12, 2009, 11:18:25 am »
Do the Akazi have a ship that can be considered at least a light dreadnought?

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 12, 2009, 11:27:27 am »
Awesome-looking ship!  ;D

You're always so good at tech pictures.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 12, 2009, 11:45:19 am »
I wholeheartedly agree with Darth Grievi, but how does the Disintegrater Gun work? I've spent many hours pondering, and all I can think of is a Heat Ray or a material that is so deadly to organic life that it disintegrates the DNA structure.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 12, 2009, 03:07:22 pm »
Awesome-looking ship!  ;D

You're always so good at tech pictures.
I wholeheartedly agree with Darth Grievi
Thank you very much you two!
how does the Disintegrater Gun work
It fires a round composed of a bacteria strain created to devour a certain material. Life is primarily getting its life from chemosynthesis on the Akazi homeworld, so the many bacterias have been used to do this for years.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 12, 2009, 06:38:26 pm »
light dreadnought
I'll have to draw that up...

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #42 on: July 12, 2009, 06:55:45 pm »
And don't forget juggernauts. Juggernauts are the big brothers of your species's navy.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 12, 2009, 07:27:42 pm »
Where is that from? By that I mean, where exactly does Kitkat ever say he has 'juggernaut' ships in his navy?

And why are you trying to seem like you know what you're talking about, pie?
« Last Edit: July 12, 2009, 07:34:26 pm by Razonatair »

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 12, 2009, 07:44:40 pm »
I'm not. I'm just talking like a normal person. Does it seem awkward to you? (No offense meant.)

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #45 on: July 12, 2009, 07:46:58 pm »
And don't forget juggernauts. Juggernauts are the big brothers of your species's navy.

Juggernauts are not in actual navies, and nor have I ever seen a juggernaut class thing anywhere. 'Juggernauts are the big brothers of your species's navy' You're imposing your own thoughts on ship types onto his species? You're assuming that his navy has a juggernaut class. I have never seen kitkat say the akazi have juggernaut class ships. So, I assume you're trying to talk like you know what you're talking about, but failing, epicly.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 12, 2009, 07:49:22 pm »
I'm surprised that no one has commented on its resemblance to the Enterprise. I made it originally in my mind as a hybrid of of a Connie and a Galor.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 12, 2009, 07:50:18 pm »
I thought the left side was the front?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 12, 2009, 07:54:42 pm »
Ooh, that looks cool...

I suppose it inherited the Galor class's double-ended look.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 12, 2009, 07:55:57 pm »
Thought it was an enormous gun at the front, or something, but now I see how it could be an engine. Unless you read Arabic or any other right-to-left thing, I think you're naturally supposed to think the left side is the front...

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 12, 2009, 07:56:09 pm »
A juggernaut is a term used to describe a force regarded as unstoppable, that will crush all in its path. It is especially applied to a large machine or collectively to a team or group of people working together. In the UK, it is most commonly used as an alternative name for a large articulated lorry.

-Wikipedia

I read that a few minutes ago.

So a juggernaut, in layman's terms, is a very powerful/unstoppable force.

Offline Cobra

• All Your Base Zero Wing
  • People want ducks.
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 12, 2009, 08:31:14 pm »
Raz seriously take it down a noch.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 12, 2009, 08:31:58 pm »
Okay, I admit it, I made a mistake I shouldn't have.

And Pie makes his case.

The front of a Horizon is apparently a good spot to attack, as the area between the two-pronged ends is possibly vulnerable.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 12, 2009, 08:33:39 pm »
what do you perceive as the front?

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 12, 2009, 08:44:36 pm »
The two-pronged end.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 12, 2009, 08:50:01 pm »
The side facing right?

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 12, 2009, 08:53:28 pm »
Left is the front... I think... ::)
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 12, 2009, 08:56:09 pm »
Nope, the right is right.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 12, 2009, 08:59:38 pm »
Ack...
This side
or
This side
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:02 pm »

this side

XD

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #60 on: July 12, 2009, 09:02:21 pm »
Front
Middle
Back
?
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: July 12, 2009, 09:03:33 pm »
You didn't get it. You asked if it was this or this, so I said this.

Anyway, the "back" is the front.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: July 12, 2009, 09:04:31 pm »
Ok...
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #63 on: July 12, 2009, 09:08:37 pm »

THIS SIDE!

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: July 12, 2009, 09:10:53 pm »
I stand in correctness.

In any case, maybe we should put an arrow indicating the front on things you can't quite tell in, from now on...

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: July 12, 2009, 09:51:22 pm »
I was looking back at the picture and thought it was quite nice. Wouldn't want to go up against that.

But you said you didn't know what to right about them. If you want some suggestions you could always write about the armaments, basic crew size, what their main purpose is (such as planetary bombardment, firing from a distance, or close range ship-to-ship combat), or even the basic measurements of the ship.

Or if you just didn't want to write anything about them then ignore this post.  :D

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: July 12, 2009, 09:58:52 pm »
Thanks! Lately my brain has been storming mindless creativity. ? ? ? That made no sense...

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #67 on: July 14, 2009, 08:27:57 pm »
http://s546.photobucket.com/albums/hh412/GalacticWeirdo/?action=view&current=HorizonDeckplan-1.png
I'm still working on this, but what do you think? I know it's pretty much the same as the other picture. Suggestions would be nice.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: July 14, 2009, 08:42:27 pm »
It looks great! I noticed that you like blue.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: July 14, 2009, 09:09:43 pm »
yep. I knew that there was going to a comment on blue somewhere in there.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #70 on: July 17, 2009, 02:34:31 pm »
What's the name of their home planet?

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #71 on: July 17, 2009, 03:54:55 pm »
I haven't thought about that... I'm toying around with the Idea that they have none, but that doesn't seem quite right... Humans, are called humans, huma is a word for dirt, dirt can be called earth earth... Maybe Akaz... Yeah, I like that.

So I guess It's Akaz.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #72 on: July 17, 2009, 04:38:25 pm »
Human comes from a word meaning dirt? It all makes so much sense now...

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #73 on: July 17, 2009, 05:05:20 pm »
Human comes from a word meaning dirt? It all makes so much sense now...

Yes, especially considering that the human chemical makeup is based upon carbon, and most of our body mass is water. So maybe we should be called carbaquans.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #74 on: July 17, 2009, 05:15:10 pm »
This conversation reminded me of a quote from the new transformers movie:

"Earth? What an awful name for a planet, you might as well have just called it dirt. Planet Dirt."

Great big Internet cookie to the one who knows who said it.

Offline omegatripod

• BurgerTime Chef
  • Now a brony.
    • View Profile
    • Ask Joe Hoofer
« Reply #75 on: July 17, 2009, 05:58:11 pm »
This conversation reminded me of a quote from the new transformers movie:

"Earth? What an awful name for a planet, you might as well have just called it dirt. Planet Dirt."

Great big Internet cookie to the one who knows who said it.

It was jetfire. I win!

Offline Mr. President

• Wizard of Wor
  • Obama Delta Hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #76 on: August 20, 2009, 11:55:23 am »
Nice creature! I'm checking out the NC and seeing some creatures before I create mine, and I was wondering a few things about your weapons system. Could you tell me something? Hypothetically, if you were to key the "kill substance" to a chemical common in a planet, for example, iron, could you launch it at a planet and then watch as it decayed into nothingness?
No, get a label gun and shoot them with labels like "Bad guy #1" "Bad guy #2" Slightly badder guy" "Guy that thinks he is bad but is really good and just confused"

Hopefully a joke.

Beat ya to it opera.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #77 on: August 20, 2009, 12:40:09 pm »
Why thank you! ;D

Hypothetically, yes. It would eat all the iron in the planet it comes into contact with, but they don't have that kind of power yet. Theoretically, a class seven could eat up a ship about the size of the Emancipator (Shown in the last few pages of the Ni'calls thread) But the Killer Substance would've deteriorated past working condition at that point.

I'm glad you didn't hold that troll thing I said against me. I'm not one to hold grudges. Plus the comments weren't even to me.

Offline Mr. President

• Wizard of Wor
  • Obama Delta Hurricane
    • View Profile
« Reply #78 on: August 20, 2009, 12:47:20 pm »
Why thank you! ;D

Hypothetically, yes. It would eat all the iron in the planet it comes into contact with, but they don't have that kind of power yet. Theoretically, a class seven could eat up a ship about the size of the Emancipator (Shown in the last few pages of the Ni'calls thread) But the Killer Substance would've deteriorated past working condition at that point.

I'm glad you didn't hold that troll thing I said against me. I'm not one to hold grudges. Plus the comments weren't even to me.

Thanx, just remove the "troll is succesful" posts and were cool. Check out the Wc. I'm getting pie Gec Brandonazz Hydro opera and more on board to really make this a work of art, bridging the RG and NG. And for another question, what would teh top 10 (recent& active) CCs be?
No, get a label gun and shoot them with labels like "Bad guy #1" "Bad guy #2" Slightly badder guy" "Guy that thinks he is bad but is really good and just confused"

Hopefully a joke.

Beat ya to it opera.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #79 on: August 20, 2009, 01:18:22 pm »
Let's see...
I would say, maybe, in no particular order:
Bino
Akazi
Ni'Calls
(All are mine. I try to update every once and a while, but it mostly comes once every week to each at best.)
(hmm...)
Perrachi
(uhh...)
Heglarean
(Erm...)
Volmai...
(*coughs*)
Hexalso...
(*thinks*)
Vacillions...
(*Thinks harder*)
Klinch?
(*Thinks so hard head explodes*)
(ouch...)
Nor maybe?
« Last Edit: August 20, 2009, 01:25:58 pm by Kitkat »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #80 on: December 03, 2009, 07:24:04 pm »
Hmm. I'm wanting to move these guys into the primary Galaxy. I like 'em, and I wanna experiment more with the tech that goes with them. Since the NC is dead, I can't do that.