Author Topic: [NC] Akazi  (Read 12964 times)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
[NC] Akazi
« on: July 05, 2009, 02:54:56 pm »
My picture is still VERY much a work in progress; it might not be up for a while...

The Akazi are a race living in a huge gas giant, quite an unusual habitat for intelligent species. They get nutrition through chemosynthesis, this also gives them the ability to change the simple gaseous elements in the easily habitable habitable zone of the planet into heavier ones. Without this, they would most likely be no more then floating bubbles of bacteria, rather then the majestic flyers they are today. They have a tough exoskeleton to protect from the vast pressure differences in the planet's atmosphere. They cultivate vehicles and such by a similar bacteria to their predecessors, creating structures like their exoskeletons. They are curious explorers, and are brave in the face of danger. They aren't afraid to fight. So far, they are progressed about as far as twenty-third century Earth, only just exploring outside their system, and know little of international peace. The first warp vessel has been created recently, and has been on a long voyage to a distant star system.
« Last Edit: July 11, 2009, 08:22:10 pm by Kitkat »

Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
Re: [NC] Akazi
« Reply #1 on: July 07, 2009, 12:00:17 pm »

There. This should spark some interest.

I probably won't be developing these guys's story before the Wormhole. Basically; they started as simple floaters, which began to move farther up and down in the atmosphere more frequently, making a need for higher agility and durability. They became more sleek and depended on their wings more for lift. The tentacles used for collecting gas became manipulators, and they began to make simple shelters on the floating islands of the giant. They learned the advantages of communication. Their civilization developed to the point they began to explore space, basically where they are now.

Let the RPing develop their story.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: July 07, 2009, 12:05:01 pm »
Their planet's ecosystem:

Their planet's ecosystem is not very diverse. Not many creatures were successful, the most notable being the Akazi's ancestor, similar in relative size to a whale. The Akazi themselves, the most successful animal, averaging at 12 long fully stretched out. The Akazi predator variant, a smaller, quicker, meaner version of the Akazi. The plants mainly consist of huge bubble colonies of floater plants. There provide support for grasses and such, effectively making huge, floating islands.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 07, 2009, 02:44:37 pm »
Realy digging the wing feet! Gas Giant races seem to be the new "thing" for the NC, that and shapeshifters  :D

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: July 07, 2009, 02:45:54 pm »
Thanks! ;D

Offline Yannick

• Tetris Tumbler
  • The end is nigh
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 07, 2009, 03:55:28 pm »
Realy digging the wing feet! Gas Giant races seem to be the new "thing" for the NC, that and shapeshifters  :D
Only one race is a full on shapeshifter, the other species has it as a genetic defect.

I like the picture a lot, especially the snakelike shape.

"It's only your virginity, loosen up!"

Offline Kenotai

• Krull Slayer
  • Wint firinoint vai.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: July 07, 2009, 04:07:58 pm »
There's only three, as far as I know.  The Nessyc, the Klinch, and these.  It does seem to be a trend.
Visit, Vote, Vykusi - New Poll 9/01/08

Quote from: Little
I, for a fact, quite like Keno[tai]. He's my favorite.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: July 07, 2009, 04:35:13 pm »
The idea of a gas-giant-dwelling race is one I've had before I even knew of spore.

And: Yannick: I'm glad you like it. :)

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 07, 2009, 05:21:45 pm »
Weapons
[/size]
Not very many weapons have been developed, but research into a top secret bacteriological weapon is being carried out in government research facilities. This technology is and always has been the focus of Akazian weapons developers.

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 08, 2009, 11:59:44 am »
Lame?

edit- To be more specific, I mean your weapon. Your weapon is really lame and god-modey.
« Last Edit: July 08, 2009, 12:10:00 pm by Razonatair »

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 08, 2009, 12:12:14 pm »
Go away. >:(

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 08, 2009, 12:19:18 pm »
No, because your weapon is pretty lame and god-modey, therefore, I am obligated to tell you so.

A special strain of the bacteria was created to convert heavier elements, like metals, into itself, then would disintegrate.

Uh huh. Disintegrate, from bacteria. I can see nanobots performing things like this, but not really bacteria. Nor do I see bacteria disintegrating themselves, since life kinda wants to live. Once again, I can see nanobots doing it.

It would remain inert until an activation code was sent to the missile containing the stuff. It would then continue to, potentially, eat up an entire ship, the evaporate into hydrogen.

Uh huh. First part is fine, but I still do not see the ship just evaporating.

The missile could be as small as a pencil, almost undetectable to the targeted ship.

This is the gay part. This is extremely lame. 'almost undetectable' therefore you cannot stop it, therefore it is god-modey. The entire sentence just screams god-modey and lame to me.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: July 08, 2009, 12:58:54 pm »
Fine it's gone, happy?

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: July 08, 2009, 01:01:39 pm »
Iz nice?

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: July 08, 2009, 05:46:57 pm »
This is the gay part. This is extremely lame. 'almost undetectable' therefore you cannot stop it, therefore it is god-modey. The entire sentence just screams god-modey and lame to me.
Excuse me, but don't you think homophobia isn't exactly the best option in life? If you're going to be so disrespectful to others as to use their status as an insult, there's something very wrong with you.

And Kitkat, you're doing a great job on these guys, don't listen to Razonatair. Today in the early 21st century we have pencil-sized guns, so it stands to reason we can have pencil-sized missiles in the 23rd century.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.