Author Topic: Questions about The Sandman Comics.  (Read 4140 times)

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
Questions about The Sandman Comics.
« on: July 04, 2009, 10:45:40 am »
When I first saw the cover art to Vertigo comic's Sandman series, and upon realizing that Neil Gaiman was the one who wrote it, I really wanted to start reading it.
Even though I've never read a comic book before (But I know my superheroes when I have to)  I do want to start reading this.
So, here are my questions, and I'm hoping someone with comic book expertise could answer these:

1) How deep, philosophically, is the series? I have read that it's a 'comic for intellectuals'.
2) How is the art like? Is it your typical comic book  art, or does it have it's own style, which is distinct from other comics?
3)Do any superheroes like Superman, Wonder-man, the Teen Titans (Even though I tolerate the cartoon), Infinity man, W/E man, etc.etc. make an appearance in the series? And do they play a large role? If so, then consider my hopes crushed.
4)I'm aware that Hell is a location in the series. How religious are the comics? I don't want any Crazy Christian beliefs shoved down my throat.
5)How good are the Comics in general?
6)Where can I find them on the Net?

Forgive me if my questions sound Idiotic, but I do want to read an enjoyable, and deep comic book series. Is this it?

Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Little

• Crystal Castle Gem Eater
  • I'm a drunk...
    • View Profile
Re: Questions about The Sandman Comics.
« Reply #1 on: July 04, 2009, 09:11:24 pm »
Neil Gaiman is awesome.

Read everything by him.
The best person ever.  She should have won the Peace Prize.

What? No full control over children? You do realize that some of us have particular plans for those children.

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #2 on: July 06, 2009, 03:05:31 pm »
Someone should come and sticky this topic.

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: July 09, 2009, 05:41:32 pm »
Anyone Interested in answering my questions?
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #4 on: July 18, 2009, 12:32:00 am »
Neil Gaiman is awesome.

Read everything by him.
Hey hey hey, the answers right here.

Offline devlimjm

• Breakout Battler
  • bah chewy, chewy chop
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: July 28, 2009, 03:43:48 pm »
1) How deep, philosophically, is the series? I have read that it's a 'comic for intellectuals'.
2) How is the art like? Is it your typical comic book  art, or does it have it's own style, which is distinct from other comics?
3)Do any superheroes like Superman, Wonder-man, the Teen Titans (Even though I tolerate the cartoon), Infinity man, W/E man, etc.etc. make an appearance in the series? And do they play a large role? If so, then consider my hopes crushed.
4)I'm aware that Hell is a location in the series. How religious are the comics? I don't want any Crazy Christian beliefs shoved down my throat.
5)How good are the Comics in general?
6)Where can I find them on the Net?
1) Kinda
2) It's definetly unique
3) NO!
4) Not at all
5) Ranked as one of, if not the, greatest comics IN THE WORLD!
6) IDK

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #6 on: August 01, 2009, 10:43:59 am »
I looked through a couple of the comics at the bookstore, and I don't think I like the art. It hurts my eyes for some reason.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.