Author Topic: Ideas For GA Adventures  (Read 5577 times)

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
Ideas For GA Adventures
« on: June 30, 2009, 02:45:52 am »
I'm suffering writers block and I've only completed one adventure so I thought it would be a cool idea to have a thread where people can post ideas for adventures and then it might help trigger inspiration.

Would also be interesting to see what people come up with based on the ideas.

So come on guys lets get creative.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
Re: Ideas For GA Adventures
« Reply #1 on: June 30, 2009, 03:39:48 am »
Having a mental block is never fun!

I think really there are ideas all around, though, if you let your mind succumb to Spore a little.  ;) There are planty of videogame franchises out there ripe for a spoof or parody, or films for that matter. Or you could take game mechanics; there was a small discussion a little while back about the possibility of making a mission that was an elaborate bartering/trade-game like in the older Zeldas.

I've also tried at making miniature adventure-game style missions, though I'm not sure I'm taking the best approach so I'd be interested in seeing how others approach that genre.  :)

Another idea I've been having fun with is obstacle courses. Fill a planet with lava, set up some landmasses with mines or fiddly jump-pads (though not too fiddly, it's got to be doable after all), and see how people can complete it. Though some could use a jetpack, of course. :P

Also, finally, retro game remakes! I made one where you have to try and cross a busy road, like a certain frog of long ago, and I'm aware others have tried that idea also. One adventure I'd like to see, if not already made, is trying to scale a series of platforms whilst an angry ape-like being throws barrels at you, but I personally am not advanced enough with the adventure creator to try that myself yet.  ::)
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2009, 03:52:01 am »
If in doubt, copy some other famous story. Like Litte Red Riding Hood.

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 30, 2009, 04:27:40 am »
I had a good play around with the editor on Saturday and created a fantastic battle scene with three battlegroups one on land, one in the air and one at sea then just let it play and it was amazing to watch. The air forces where an archetypical UFO and they really worked well just wish I could think of an adventure to use the ideas.

Also I had an idea for a Jurrasic Park which could be explored with dinosaur exhibits.

Has anyone got a good understanding of the advanced behaviour editor I tried to get a creature to pick up a gun and shoot another creature and all that happened the first creature kept picking the gun up and dropping it over and over. It was funny but really annoying.

Offline Hyfrydle

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 30, 2009, 04:58:37 am »
Just had a search and I've found this link to an adventure creator that might help trigger ideas:

http://www.wizards.com/default.asp?x=dnd/dnd/hookgenerator

It's designed for roleplaying games but could also be used for Spore adventures.

Online Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 30, 2009, 01:31:40 pm »
Watch a sci-fi movie and your head will be filled with ideas.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 30, 2009, 04:16:09 pm »
I have an idea for a race type thing, so the usual, some jump pads, some are good and make you go farther others simply fling you way up in the air.  You also have others racer, etc, etc.

But the best thing is, protesters.  Like in the Tour de France, they stand in the road.  Sometimes they tip riders over.  So I was thinking, they stand right in the middle of the racetrack and some even will attack you.  And then like, when they are defeated, police officers come out from behind some cliff used a wall in the race or whatever to do inspections, lol.
:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #7 on: June 30, 2009, 04:30:01 pm »
But the best thing is, protesters.  Like in the Tour de France, they stand in the road.  Sometimes they tip riders over.  So I was thinking, they stand right in the middle of the racetrack and some even will attack you.  And then like, when they are defeated, police officers come out from behind some cliff used a wall in the race or whatever to do inspections, lol.

Haha, I like that idea, that'd give a good twist to the Spore-footrace mini-genre. :)

We've got to be open to ideas from anywhere! And don't forget the 'adventureLook' cheats... the film noir one makes for a particularly atmospheric look and I'm definitely going to make a series of noir mystery adventures (I've done one, it's not brilliant though and the whole process was so exhausting, having to build cities and populate them and leave clues and think it all through, I'm not going to do so again until at least next week :P).
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.