Their Homeworld
Their Weapons
Their Religion
Their Spacecraft
Their Economy
Their Culture
More Tribes
Other

Author Topic: Heglarean, A creature  (Read 12838 times)

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
Heglarean, A creature
« on: June 28, 2009, 09:37:37 am »
This topic is about my Heglarean, one of my more recent creations that I made in Spore (June 26, 2009).  It's one of my favorites that I have made, and even though I suck at drawing straight from GIMP and don't own a scanner, so I'm just going to WRITE everything.  Unless you guys want to supply pictures for me because I can't draw.  I have NOT uploaded this on Sporepedia because I can't make an account for some reason. ???

Also, I'm new at Gamingsteve, I've been lurking for about a week.  Nearly all topics look great, so good job (especially creatures and RP). :)

Anyway, here's the picture from Spore. . .

Is it OK?  Please comment. :D  And here's statistics, too.

Name: Heglarean
Homeworld: Lynarra
Type: Quadrupedal Warmblooded Mammalian Vertebrate
Habitat: Various.  However do not prefer very polar areas, Tropical and Temperate usually are used and sometimes subpolar areas (tundra) and ocean shallows.
Diet: Mainly Various Fruits and Vegetables, also include various cow/deer-like animals, birds and fish.  Nuts, Roots, Eggs, Leaves and Seeds rarely.  Basically a Generalist.
Height: Up to nearly 1.7 meters at the maximum.  Babies tend to be more around 2 decimeters when born.
Length: Up to 2.3 meters at the maximum.  Babies are like 3 decimeters after birth.
Weight: Adults=150-300 Kg Babies=7.5 (Birth), then 7.5-30 before going into intermediate which is 30-150
Lifestyle: Scientific, Creative, Social, Religious Omnivore
Chemical Makeup: Carbon based as usual :P
Lifespan: Approximately 50 years naturally, eventually booted up to 600.
Locomotion: Four sturdy legs, that could also be used as weak flippers.  They cannot climb or fly.
Method of Communication: Spoken or Written Language
Senses: Vision/Visible Light (Average) Created Soundwaves/Sonar (Good) Odor/Smell (Average) Chemical (Poor) Texture/Touch (Poor) Non-created Soundwaves/Hearing (Average) Magnetism (Poor)
Basic Senses: Seeing, Hearing, Sonar, Smelling, Chemical, Touching, Magnetism
Temperature Preference: 15 C to 50 C
Gravity Preference: Around 120% of Earth's Gravity
Humidity Preference: 60% to 95% but can handle down to 30% though uncomfortable
Respiratory Gas: Nitrogen
Defenses: Venom valve jutting out of mouth can spit venom over two decameters.  Also Suction cup feet have small spikes in them that can penetrate average natural armor.  Also has spike on the rear to help defend ambushes.
Armor: Tough skin.  Also extra hard stone-like armor on back of neck and head (airtube is in back)
Weapons: Venom valve sticking out of the mouth can spit venom over two decameters, also their legs can be used to charge other creatures.  Their mouth has somewhat sharp teeth.
Tools: They have graspers, also their mouth can pick things up.  No special tools.  Some tribes have antlers, splicers, etc.
Hunt/Forage/Fish Success Rate: 40%-70% Hunt Depending on creature, 93% Forage, 80% Fish
Graspers: One set of arms coming out of spine.
Method of Digestion: Use graspers to bring to oral cavity and then given short amylase spray.  Then swallowed down into a gizzard-like organ which squishes it all up before passing it on the first stomach which uses chemicals and churning methods to break it down into small pieces (1 cm or smaller) before being passed into the second stomach where the animal's pancreas and liver spray in chemicals, breaking it down into even smaller pieces before being sent into the intestine where vessels pick up nutrients and give it to muscles and organs.
Method of Respiration: Intake through small opening above mouth which flows into their trachea and into their lungs.  The gas the comes back, Carbon Nitrate (as a gas) comes out a smaller tube and then merges into the oral cavity and is breathed out the mouth.
Form of Government: Various, these include Representative Democracy, Parliamentary Republic, Semi-Presidential Republic, Constitutional Monarchy, and a form of communism that is not like today's.
Reproductive Rate: Reaches sexual maturity around 16.
Gestation: 8 months then live young is born.
Number of Offspring: 2-4 usually, can rarely be 1 or even 5.
Offspring Survival Rate: Around 90%, Heglareans that are too old to hunt or fish and are not gathering fruits and veggies take care of them, or their mother or father gives them food when they are not doing so either.
Gender Differences: None besides sexual organs, which is simply either ovaries or testicles and then an organ which can either invert or extent.
Age Differences: Mainly size.  Also, the babies tail spike is tiny compared to their size but it grows.  Same as neck guards.
Color: Various.  Grassland has Reddish Orange color, with four dark Yellow legs.
Age of Time: Galactic Exploration Age.  I will post their history later.
Archetype: Ecologist

They have also created various inventions and have created new technology.  They vow to make life thrive as it is their religion to do so.  Their religion is also partially based on science though it used to not be.  The modern religion is called "Ubosada."  Ubosada is based on many science concepts and also believes that life is the greatest miracle in the universe and every specie should do it's best to help it.  Species that are life-hating machines or not literally alive as well as species that exploit life continually do not deserve to exist.  It also believes that terraforming is the best you can do to help the universe by spreading the miracle of life.  The Heglareans have never been in a war and would never de-terraform anyway.  They make alliances to prosper with other empires and help life on its way.

If you have any questions I would be happy to answer them for you.  These can be related to their religion, culture, economy, military, government, planet, etc.

Also there are different ethnic groups (aka Tribes, Nations), the one shown in the picture is one from the Yuret Tribe which lives in the Grasslands of Lynarra.

I will list the ethnic groups right here also.  Each ethnic groups controls a large part of the world, unlike Earth where there are hundreds, few of which have their own country.

Yuret: Lives on Grasslands

Afit: Lives on River banks

Venoui: Lives in the Lakelands

Dokay: Lives in the Forest

Juipoh: Lives in the Jungle

Cargi: Lives in the Ocean Shallows and Shore

Ziffar: Lives in the Coastal Reefs and Shore

Kiyuq: Lives in the Mountains

Terye: Lives inside Caves near the Mountains

Pado: Lives in the Desert

Rurbi: Lives on the Highlands

Hosaw: Lives in the Swamp

Ok.  That's it.  I will do their planet Lynarra later.

Table of Contents

Biology

Ethnic Citizens
(Grassland Tribe pictured above)
Lakeland Tribe
River Tribe
Forest Tribe
Jungle Tribe

History

Stone Age
Tribal Flags
Verifer
Fire

Geography

Lynarra
Basic Statistics

History

Early Times
Stone Age Timeline
Stone Age Paragraph

Please note my Table of Contents does not want work and go directly to the message, it will instead go to the page the message is on, please scroll down to find the entry.
« Last Edit: November 05, 2009, 05:52:17 pm by TimeMaster »

:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
Re: Heglarean--A new creature
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2009, 10:37:42 am »
Can I discover these guys later on? But kitkat will probably beat me to it or............ piebashing

What are their vehicles? What are the nation's flags? Do they wear anything?

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • The cousin of Tiberium.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2009, 11:21:17 am »
species that are machines or not literally alive as well as species that exploit life do not deserve to exist.
If a war is what you want, then a war is what you get.

Are you gonna RP with these?

Click on the picture.
Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2009, 11:38:40 am »
If I think exploiting life means what I think, then these guys are gonna have a real problem with everybody else. Also, are they really so cruel as to not grant the equality of robotic species who's AIs are indistinguishable from a living brain and are friendly? The Wexxians and Cerapa-Krenomis are just as equal as any living thing. Well, the Wexxians are probably above because they can travel to other universes and such, but you get the general idea.

If these things are prejudiced against the Cer and act openly hostile towards them, then the other living members of the USSS will consider it an act of war. Since the Heglareans have never been in a war they will be a pushover and their planet(s) will be seized and its inhabitants re-educated on equality and the dangers of prejudice.

Unless, of course, they rethink their philosophy a little.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2009, 11:48:06 am »
Replies:

Pie: I'm going to make their vehicles when I get to their tech level, also I will be making their nation flags too.  But they will be coming sooner

Madis: No, I'm probably not going to RP heavily like wars, and I'm talking about species that like recklessly destroy peaceful life.  And then hostile machines, I'm probably not going to go attacking hostile machines but this empire will be at their throats.  But the Cer aren't hostile, right?

UFO King: Yeah they are Ok with friendly robots, just not evil robots like Grox.  Exploiting life is cruelly testing it, using species eradicator on a native species, etc. but they are not gonna declare war so fast as I already said.  Who are the Cer???  No we don't hate peaceful robots we hate them like when they insult or hurt life.

And of course, they are ecologists and they think Life is the greatest miracle and only hate species that do not like life, especially machines who do not.  So I will not attack you for being a machine, I will attack you for being a hostile machine.  And these guys don't like to guys who de-terraform.  And we will give you warnings, we don't go "Life hurter!" and attack, so no we don't act hostile.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 12:00:35 pm by TimeMaster »

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2009, 11:52:10 am »
Click on my sig.

What do they consider robots anyway? Silicoids? Artificial species? Thinking things made of metal?

Click on the picture.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 28, 2009, 11:55:08 am »
Madis: They consider them species with AI implants or are entirely implants, and second nano skins like in Nauceans and stuff like that don't count, as long as the natural center of thinking controls their body.  They only do not like them if they are hostile to life beings.

If you aren't hostile to life beings, don't worry.
« Last Edit: June 28, 2009, 11:57:04 am by TimeMaster »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 28, 2009, 12:01:41 pm »
Um, did you read the introductory rules? Stuff like the Species Eradicator and the Grox do not exist. Spice and Sporebucks don't either. Here:
http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=15771.0
Read this!

By the way, Maxis creations don't exist, of course. And I don't think there are currently any hostile robotic races.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 12:04:08 pm »
Yeah I did read them actually, and I was using them for examples in Spore that you're familiar with.

Anyway, that's good.  That's what I thought, most people don't like going to war so much.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 28, 2009, 12:32:46 pm »
Can I discover these guys later on? But kitkat will probably beat me to it or............ piebashing
I can hear you. >:(
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 28, 2009, 12:35:50 pm »
You know, why did Pie say that?

After you answer can you give me a tip or suggestion or something.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 12:43:37 pm »
He seems to diskile me.

BUT I DIGRESS.

Nice creature.  :) Very well thought out, much more so than most first-timers.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 28, 2009, 12:53:12 pm »
Kitkat: Thank-you!  I appreciate it. :)

This is the Venoui Tribe's flag, they live in the lakelands.  The Red stands for their citizens' Stamina, while the Yellow stands for their Honor.  The lake stands for their home and the raindrop means it is always being replenished.

This is the Yuret Tribe's flag, they live in the grasslands.  The Maroon stands for Valor, the Purple for Purity and the Green for Honesty.  The Grass stands for their home.

This is the Afit Tribe's flag, they live on the river banks or on top of a river.  The Green and Red stand for the flowing, as life and the river flow on, as well as the Cyan and Purple which mean their Culture.  The river is for their home.

« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 06:14:28 pm by TimeMaster »

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 05:50:57 am »
No, I don't dislike Kitkat. Now back on topic.

Flags look good (For a newcomer.) I can do that, though it takes me a bit longer than you.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 05:55:13 am by pie »

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 29, 2009, 06:56:57 am »
Would you mind if I do a bit of modification to the flags? I just cant stand paint and the lake, river and grass dont fit with the rest of the picture.

Click on the picture.