Their Homeworld
Their Weapons
Their Religion
Their Spacecraft
Their Economy
Their Culture
More Tribes
Other

Author Topic: Heglarean, A creature  (Read 13142 times)

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
Re: Heglarean--A new creature
« Reply #45 on: July 08, 2009, 06:57:40 pm »
Heglarean General Information

The Meaning of the name "Heglarean" means nothing at all, because I am super-good at making up considerably random names.  They don't have nicknames, except for "Heg" which is rarely used.  And that doesn't mean anything, either.  The Heglareans basically live anywhere except completely underwater.  And they don't like Tundra very much, because it's dry and cold.  They have developed a a trait which lets them live in any enviroment that is almost always above 0 C and above 35% humidity, except the deserts and highlands.  Their society is. . . . . Um. . . . Well. . . . moderately organized into various forms of government. . . . and they don't have a big hierarchy except in their government and military forces.  They govern themselves by fairly electing politicians like here on Earth.  Also they have advanced to the Galactic Exploration Age recently, so their species has began organizing an empire.  Their countries (All 12) are in a global unity treaty where they all work together, which was signed in the early Age of Nanotechnology.  Before that there was a weaker bond and some where even enemies.  Their leaders are chosen by a fair, elective process.  Overall their society contains nearly 25 Billion Heglareans, which isn't much if you ask me.  They are the only Intelligent group on their planet, as well.  They love life.  The best miracle that ever existed.  Therefore they feel somewhat lonely.

The Heglareans are a multicellular lifeform, with carbon as the base.  They breathe by inhaling Nitrogen through nostrils where it goes to the lungs which work like a humans.  The Carbon Nitrate comes out another tube and then breathed out of the mouth.  They have a circulatory systems similar to humans, however the vessels are tougher and simply contain a blue blood which continues travelling through equally strong tubes.  The Heglareans use their graspers to eat.  They are generalists and eat nearly everything possible.  They mature by the reproduction of their cells and reproduce like humans, except their reproductions systems are nearly identical.  The body heats itself and their various sense organs are located mainly on the face.  Their waste comes out a canal in between the hind legs.  Heglareans move by using their four legs, and two arms to grip things.  They do have opposable thumbs, and most ethnic groups have toes.  Their graspers are where their hands are located.  Their opposable thumb is similar to our own.  They are intelligent and possess a nervous system like our own.  Their colors and size vary.  They use their legs to move.

They all have the same eye color, brown, and have very little hair because of their tropical planet.  Their skin varies depending on ethnic group, as well as their height and weight.  There are two sexes, male and female.  Their average lifespan in naturally around 80 Earth years but went up to nearly 500 due to medical technology.  The give birth to live children, usually around 2 to 4 babies.  They have six limbs and many sense organs, their eyes, ears, sonar organs, nose, mouth, plus their touch nerves.  Their sonar and hearing are their dominant senses.  Some other abilities are having tough skin and other extra body armor.

More coming soon.
« Last Edit: July 09, 2009, 08:00:17 am by TimeMaster »
:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Gradius Vic Viper
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 08, 2009, 07:15:14 pm »
Good, you've improved quite a bit! Keep up the good work, they're quite interesting! :D

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 10, 2009, 08:06:33 am »
The Heglareans, once creating the first interstellar spacecraft modernized their calender to not be based off religion.

So B.S. means before sapience, F.S. means first sapience, C.S. is civilization sapience and I.S. is interstellar sapience.

F.S. = Stone Age to Bronze Age

C.S. = Iron Age to Nanotechnology Age

I.S. = Galactic Exploration Age and beyond

That's how I will be organizing this.  Also I added a poll.
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 02:20:23 pm by TimeMaster »

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 26, 2009, 06:40:37 am »
Revived. :D

Ok, their history.  Fine.

Heglareans originated from the ocean shoreline a few hundred thousand years before becoming sapient, that's why they are good swimmers.  Shortly after emerging from the ocean, they mainly hunted two fish: Ralmenal, and Grutib.  The Ralmenal was a few decimeters in length when full grown and had a defensive tail technique as that's where their scales were sharpest.  Grutib were smaller and faster, yet more clever.  Usually to catch Grutib, Heglareans would wait for a dosmeticated Verifer to scare it into them where they would slash and kill it.  They also ate a vide variety of fruits and veggies.  Some fruits were the Zenig, which grew underwater but was rare as lots of sea creatures ate it and it had trouble surviving.  Dreckaberries and Jakberries are small fruit which grow in lakelands, jungle, river basin, etc. and Utigs were a small lettuce-like vegetable that was yellow and tasted like citrusy carrots.  By this time three groups of Heglareans exist, the Ocean, Reef and Lakeland tribes.  Soon the other, namely River, Grassland, Swamp, Forest, Jungle, Mountain, Cave, Desert, Highland tribes started popping up until the Cave and Highland tribes were formed in the Copper Age.  And by now we are in the middle of the stone age.  Languages start popping up and the Vivikelk was domesticated which would plan for Irrigation and Farming.  The Vivikelk was kind of like an buff elk/deer/reindeer.  It's smaller counterpart, the Bretuve, was also domesticated.  The Bow was invented from Heogi wood, and soon an arrow from Reckka, this made catches the two major types of fish easier, and even more so when the Reckka canoe was invented.  Two other types of fish also began to be hunted because of these two major inventions, Kefihel and Rotayyi (which is like Mahi-Mahi).  Then religion was created shortly before the end of the stone age (42000 B.S. approx), but I will cover that in a different post.

Thanks for reading that block (not wall) of text organized poorly.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: August 13, 2009, 02:12:48 pm »
Thought I'd make my 200th post here.  I'll make a Short timeline of their history in stone age.

-0 F.S. First Stone tool.
3000 F.S. Fire invented.
5000 F.S. Verifer domesticated.
10000 F.S. Originally groups splits into three, the Ocean Reef and Lakeland tribes.
12000-20000 F.S. River, Grassland, Swamp, Forest, Jungle, Mountain, Cave, Desert, Highland tribes founded.
25000 F.S. The first Heglarean language is developed and soon spreads and differs into different languages for each different tribe
28000 F.S. Farming and Irrigation invented, populations begins climbing faster.
29000 F.S. Pottery invented to store food.
approx 30000 F.S. Vivikelk and Bretuve domesticated.
40000 F.S. Bow invented.
41000 F.S. Canoe invented.
41000 F.S. Diet broadens to include more fish and their hunting skills improve too.
42000 F.S. Religion begins developing.
45000 F.S. Basically each tribe has a religion now.
48000 F.S. They start crossbreeding animals to make them more awesome, like humans did.

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2009, 05:06:47 am »
I really like this race, quite a nice job you've done there. I can see that a lot of time and thought has been put into this creature!
By the way, how do you do a table of contents like that, on your first page!? Thanks in advance!
Keep up the good work!
"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2009, 01:19:51 pm »
You click on the blue thing at the top of the post saying(for example) Re: Heglarean--A new creature. Copy the url of the page(at the top of your screen) and paste it in your post. Put url tags around it like this:
Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php]This is a link to the home page.[/url]The link will take you to that post.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2009, 02:56:59 pm »
I really like this race, quite a nice job you've done there. I can see that a lot of time and thought has been put into this creature!
By the way, how do you do a table of contents like that, on your first page!? Thanks in advance!
Keep up the good work!
:o :o :o

Thank you!!!!

SOMEONE POSTED OMG

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #53 on: September 28, 2009, 10:47:23 am »
No problem. Check out mine sometime (The Aii'eathyr)
Oh, and thanks for the help there 'UFO King', very helpful indeed...
"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"