Their Homeworld
Their Weapons
Their Religion
Their Spacecraft
Their Economy
Their Culture
More Tribes
Other

Author Topic: Heglarean, A creature  (Read 13164 times)

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
  • Captain, we're eaten by a gluttonous black hole!
    • View Profile
Re: Heglarean--A new creature
« Reply #15 on: June 29, 2009, 07:35:01 am »
Replies:

Pie: Thanks.  I'm not the best at drawing things, though.

Madis: Sure you can re-do, also I used paint because it's easier to scale drawings.

Feel free to re-do them in GIMP, Photoshop or something.  But I would prefer you keep something that signifies where they live.
:o Whoa... that was deep.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 29, 2009, 07:56:48 am »

This is a Venoui tribe citizen from just before they starting wearing clothes.  As you can see their skin is reddish-blueish instead of orangish-reddish like the Yuret tribe.  These guys live in the Lakelands of Lynarra.

Offline madis

• Rigel Rescuer
  • The cousin of Tiberium.
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 08:06:38 am »

The flags are ready!

Click on the picture.
Tick, tick, tick the time goes by,
tick, tick, tick the clock blows up.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 10:38:59 am »
Huh.  They look Ok, but I'd prefer just a bit lot less blurry.  Otherwise they're good to me, except I wish in the River Afit (Fine, Pie) Tribe's flag you could try to make the triangles as well as the tricolor more identical.

Like, just crop them a little bit.  Earth's modern flags aren't blurry at all. . .

If you can't do that, I will make them so you don't have to work again.
« Last Edit: June 29, 2009, 03:14:37 pm by TimeMaster »

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 12:09:53 pm »

This is a picture of a Verifer.  These creatures are smart carnivorous swimming amphibians (slightly more adapted to water). They actually used to attack Heglarians from time to time, but that has come to a close since domestication, though wild Verifers still will. They don't have very strong jaws, but are fast swimmers, sort of like the Heglarians even though they look too big to swim, the Heglarians are actually pretty good. When pack hunting in the shallows, the Verifers would swim in front of a fish, scaring it, causing to turn around right into the waiting Heglarians, which would slash the fish. They are also very loyal, and pay attention. They live about 21 years Earth time when domesticated, but naturally it is around 18 or 17.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 12:54:56 pm »
Huh.  They look Ok, but I'd prefer just a bit lot less blurry.  Otherwise they're good to me, except I wish in the River Tribe's flag you could try to make the triangles as well as the tricolor more identical.

Like, just crop them a little bit.  Earth's modern flags aren't blurry at all. . .

"River Tribe" is the name of a Naucean tribe. Try another name.

Offline Cyst

• Space Harrier
  • V 3 $ T H 3 T I C /// 新鮮な盗まれたアート
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 01:04:11 pm »
Huh.  They look Ok, but I'd prefer just a bit lot less blurry.  Otherwise they're good to me, except I wish in the River Tribe's flag you could try to make the triangles as well as the tricolor more identical.

"River Tribe" is the name of a Naucean tribe. Try another name.
River tribe is an extremely common name. Pie is the name of a human food, try another username. XP
DEATH TO DAESH! In solidarity with Rojava!
-----------
Oh come now, Lurk.

The internet is a magical place, where linguistic and dialectic possibilities are endless. Why not embrace those variations and see where they lead you.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 03:12:47 pm »
Yeah, I knew that they were in Nauceans, in fact I liked the idea on ethnic groups controlling whole sections of land, so I did the same.

Their formal name is actually the "Afit Tribe" but in case you forget you can call them "River Tribe."

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 06:15:56 pm »
Madis, I made a new flag for the Grassland/Yuret Tribe.  It's an example for you if you still want to make some flags under my guidelines.

So, you see the Tri-color is for the most part 1/3, 1/3, 1/3, and the grass is blurred but nothing else.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 09:29:26 am »
By the way, if anyone kows to draw Ok in Photoshop or GIMP could they draw a sideways Heglarean so I can do their skeleton?

Trust me, it's pretty interesting.  They have intriguing neck and chest cavities because of their respiration method.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 10:13:30 am »

This is an average Afit Tribe citizen.  As you can see, their body is modeled for swimming in the river with long legs and arms, webbed feet and hands, as well as a simply smaller body.  The Afit Tribe is one of the most advanced tribes as well as one of the most water based along with the Ocean and Reef Tribes.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 05:36:38 pm »
In the Stone Age, the Heglareans found how to use fire.  They have very tough skin as said in the first post, but also is fire-resistant so it is hard to burn.  Also, Lynarra's atmosphere is only 18% oxygen compared to Earth's 27% or so, so the flames are smaller and are less resistant to things that extinguish it.  Also, the Heglareans breathe out Carbon Nitrate, so trying to blow it out also works like on Earth because there it is like Carbon Dioxide, it will make a fire go out.  Anyway, the Heglareans discovered Fire and began to find ways how to use (the first being rubbing two dry sticks together) and/or start a fire.  The plants on Lynarra will burn but since more than half are waterfilled, the Heglareans were experimenting on which were the best to use.  They eventually came to Heogi.  They had a sturdy yet peelable bark, revealing quite bendable branches that could be pegged with with a stone nailing tool.  They're actual wood-like material peels well.  However, the only bad part is that the snapped early if bent too much, and they contained a light sap which could be bad or good.

Fire was discovered shortly after Stone tools, which had marked the beginning of the "First Sapience" Era.  Stone Tools at 0 FS, Fire at around 7000 FS.  The Stone Age lasted 50000 years.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:05:49 am by TimeMaster »

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: June 30, 2009, 06:33:56 pm »

Here is a Forest Tribe Citizen.  They are one of the most land-based tribes and not very amphibious like the Lakeland or River Tribes.  As you can see they have hoof-like feet to compensate for being slower in the water.  Also, because the leaves can damaged their eyes, they have developed protection, which also give their eyes shade.  Their venom organ was also replace with antlers so they can dig through bushes, etc.

Offline TimeMaster

• Qix Crazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 09:29:52 am »
Also, I have added a poll.  Whichever is selected (0 votes when I posted :( ) I will make after I get back.  I may also make not image entries.

Looks like it will be Jungle Tribe.  The Jungle Tribe live in the southern Jungle, which is Southwest of the Lakelands.  These guys live in the trees, and sometimes on the mangrovish coast.  I'll have a picture within the next week.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 06:04:34 am by TimeMaster »

Offline Josasa

• Commando Soldier
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 03, 2009, 10:29:31 pm »
Umm, there is an edit button. Even though some of these posts were on different days, there isn't any reason you should have posted 8 times in a row without someone else saying something.