Author Topic: How to...  (Read 18422 times)

gec05

Re: How to...
« Reply #45 on: July 03, 2009, 08:09:24 pm »
It's located in the same spot where you would name, describe, tag a creation in any editor. On the bottom middle.

Offline DaMuncha

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 03, 2009, 09:39:22 pm »
Hey I was looking at the gaprop rope bridge they made, and I have no idea how they made it. I've tried everything but its impossible to rotate the parts im those ways, cause I'v allways gotten realy anoyed that I cant rotate some of the building pieces in that editor. I've tried ctrl, shift, tab, nothing works on those main pieces, But how did they do it?

gec05

« Reply #47 on: July 03, 2009, 09:58:01 pm »
You have to place normal building shapes on a connector part. You rotate the connector and you take the now rotated building part off of it and place it where you want it. If you need to re-rotate it you have to place it back on the connector (if you kept it on the same spot) otherwise you have to delete it and redo the process.

It'd be much easier if Maxis enabled Tab rotation on all building parts already.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 04, 2009, 12:09:43 am »
So here's my issue:

I wanna do a time-travel related Adventure. The idea is to flatten the world, and use the continent feature to make identical landmasses. I thought it would be clever (and hide the fact that you're still really on the same planet) that the two landmasses are completely opposite from each other. Starting Landmass would be at the night, Ending Landmass would be in the day.

Now, if my Captain ignores the mission and just jumps through the teleporter from Starting Landmass to Ending Landmass, the effect works: You go from a dark area to a sunny area. Do the mission (which is just Talk To That Guy), no matter how long it takes, the Ending Landmass remains dark.

What am I doing wrong?

Offline Spartan King 95

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #49 on: July 04, 2009, 12:22:36 am »
Is it not staying dark?
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 04, 2009, 12:42:01 am »
Is it not staying dark?

No, it's dark, which isn't the intended goal.

Starting Landmass: Intended to be dark, positioned farthest away from the planet's sun.

Ending Landmass: Intended to be sunny, positoned directly underneath the planet's sun.

There is a teleporter between the two Landmasses. There are two acts currently: Act 1 is talk-to-character, Act 2 is go-through-teleporter.

If the player ignores the goals of Act I, Starting Landmass is dark, Ending Landmass is sunny.

If the player completes Act 1 and Act 2, Starting Landmass is dark, Ending Landmass is dark.

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 04, 2009, 01:29:46 am »
It's located in the same spot where you would name, describe, tag a creation in any editor. On the bottom middle.

I meant the visual filters that you type in the cheat to activate in game. "Film Noir" and "Oil Paint".

EDIT:

Okay, it's a cheat. Ctrl+Shift+C to open the console. Then type: adventurelook -[effect]

to get a list of available effects, type: help adventureLook

Also. You can totally disguise a game object as a vehicle, which answers my previous question of how to make a UFO sit on the ground.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2009, 02:03:41 am by Bonemouse »

Offline Spartan King 95

• Vanguard Venturer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #52 on: July 04, 2009, 12:30:06 pm »
Also. You can totally disguise a game object as a vehicle, which answers my previous question of how to make a UFO sit on the ground.
Or a building.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #53 on: July 05, 2009, 01:36:16 am »

Oh cool i wondered what disguise did!

Offline Uroboros

• SunDog Pilot
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: July 05, 2009, 11:08:30 am »
Does "adventureLook" actually set the look of the entire adventure? It doesn't sound likely given its a console command, and not something in the actual menus. I suspect it only applies it to your machine, and anybody downloading your adventure gets the normal unfiltered look. Can anyone confirm this?

Offline Rikis

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: July 05, 2009, 11:55:16 am »
Where do the screenshots you take while in test mode go?  I've looked at both my Spore folder in Program Files and my Creations Folder in My Documents and neither have 'em!  It's driving me crazy.

Offline Skyward

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: July 05, 2009, 12:01:12 pm »
Odd, they were in the documents/My Spore creations/pictures for me.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline DaMuncha

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #57 on: July 05, 2009, 06:16:47 pm »
Yeah Rikis, I noticed that too. I think those screen shots are just for the adventure editor, so you can apply them to the title screen.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: July 08, 2009, 01:27:09 am »
Can someone please help me figure out how Advanced Behavior is something more than "Make The Creature With Advanced Behavior Not Do Anything"?

I want a simple thing. Make one group of enemies in Yellow Team, make another group of enemies in Red Team. Yellow hates Red, Red hates Yellow. Both sides don't care about my guy.

I go into advanced behavior for Aggressive, and I remove the "attack everyone" behavior. The game already has a Attack The {opposite team} behavior. All good, right?

Nope. Yellow and Red, despite their First Advanced Behavior being "beat the snot out of the other group", do nothing.

I swear to God, the more I try and make a decent mission for GA, the more the editor just completely refuses to do anything reasonably.

Offline Darth Grievi

• Out Run Speedster
  • Highly Illogical...
    • View Profile
« Reply #59 on: July 08, 2009, 01:38:47 am »
Is the condition set to "aware of" or "always"?

If you have a hard time, you could also use a set of "move to" commands in the second slot to get the armies closer together.