Author Topic: How to...  (Read 18574 times)

Offline Rikis

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
Re: How to...
« Reply #30 on: July 01, 2009, 07:39:43 pm »
DOes anyone know how to find the adventure "The Temple of Doom" by Maxis for editing?  I don't want to play through it again just yet, but I would sure love to get that bridge that they used.

Offline DaMuncha

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 01, 2009, 10:50:11 pm »
Yeah and I cant find the mission where you have to get the members of that band together. Its got stuff in it I wanna know how to make, cause I jsut cant find those parts in my editor. (like the foot path)

Where do you get the foot path? I can only find the dirt road.

Offline Uroboros

• SunDog Pilot
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 01, 2009, 11:06:38 pm »
Its under the terraforming options, far bottom. Don't forget to check the left/right arrows for other stuff.

Offline DaMuncha

• Pack M.U.L.E.
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 01, 2009, 11:28:04 pm »
Ohhh .. arrows.. thx

Offline Skyward

• Arm Wrestling Champ
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 02, 2009, 05:10:13 pm »
Stupid question :D
How can I make my creatures do animations?

Like making them dance?
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

gec05

« Reply #35 on: July 02, 2009, 05:16:59 pm »
Go to their behaviors, Ctrl+Click any of the mood settings to open the advanced behaviors. Drag and remove any actions you don't want them to do. Insert an "idle" action and set it to "dance." You can also change the conditions when it will dance so you might want to keep it on "always."
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 05:20:22 pm by Gec »

Offline Grazony

• Strider Hiryu
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2009, 10:32:39 pm »
I sorry for asking this, but how do you make a mission worth more points?

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Rikis

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 02, 2009, 11:12:31 pm »
I sorry for asking this, but how do you make a mission worth more points?

As far as I'm aware, an exact formula has not been found yet.  But it is not up to the player, rather, the outcomes.  If more people fail your mission, its points rewarded go up.  As more people successfully complete it, it's points go down.  I think the min is 10, so not much less than starting out at 15.  Anyways, I think that's the gist of it.

gec05

« Reply #38 on: July 03, 2009, 12:34:03 am »
I think it's a combination of popularity and difficulty.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 03, 2009, 02:25:57 pm »
Is there any way to take control of the camera to reveal something? I made a mission that would have been GREAT if there was a moment where the camera pulls up high and reveals what the player is wandering through.

gec05

« Reply #40 on: July 03, 2009, 02:48:18 pm »
Would be nice, but Maxis did not include such a feature.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #41 on: July 03, 2009, 03:53:45 pm »
Is there any way to take control of the camera to reveal something? I made a mission that would have been GREAT if there was a moment where the camera pulls up high and reveals what the player is wandering through.

Yeah I wish the player could talk back during NPC conversations such as choosing which response they want to reply back with. :(

gec05

« Reply #42 on: July 03, 2009, 04:00:26 pm »
Yeah, dialogue webs was another thing Maxis was aware of, but never included in the game.

Offline Uroboros

• SunDog Pilot
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 03, 2009, 07:41:01 pm »
No dialogue webs. No cutscenes or momentary camera events. No optional objectives. Only a single, central path through the mission. A limit of eight scenes, one of which must be sacrificed every time you wish to toggle item/NPC activities and visibilities. No 'supported' indoor areas. Makeshift indoor areas being a big pain to make, and often interfering with the AIs ability to move and interact. No way to make an object no-collide. Multi-mouthed beings still only use one mouth to attack/speak with.

And to make matters worse, i've got a big mental block for adventures after barely making a single one, which I don't feel I did well enough on. xP
At least the GAprop thing is being worked on...

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #44 on: July 03, 2009, 08:07:59 pm »
Yah. The limitations are a bit annoying. But we're still given plenty of tools to make fun mini-games. Dialogue webs would be sweet, though. There's a lot of emphasis on the visual content. Which is a lot of work. You could do a pretty compelling mini game based on a single conversation with more options, if we had them.

Anyways... I can't find where to add the photofilters to a mission.