Author Topic: How to...  (Read 24716 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: How to...
« Reply #15 on: June 27, 2009, 05:23:43 pm »
You need to make a building that looks like a spaceship. Pretty much.

Or a land vehicle that looks like a spaceship.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 07:43:39 pm »
How do you make a boat as a building? I'm trying to make the boats for the Stone Ship age in Mist and im having to resort to using buildings that look semi like a boat. its realy hard since the building parts are limited.

Is there a way I can make a boat I've made act as a building?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 02:48:51 pm »
How do you make a boat as a building? I'm trying to make the boats for the Stone Ship age in Mist and im having to resort to using buildings that look semi like a boat. its realy hard since the building parts are limited.

Is there a way I can make a boat I've made act as a building?

Well you could enlarge the size and set it on mindless and immobile.

Or you could make a ship out of separate building parts and assemble it in the adventure editor.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 30, 2009, 05:10:53 am »
The boat will still bob up and down in the water and I still cannot aproach it or build anything near it, like a rope bridge.

Offline MisterBibs

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 30, 2009, 08:28:54 pm »
How do you make a mission goal of "Examine # of {Item}"? Other adventures I've seen do it, but the only way I can see how to do it is to make X amount of Acts, since I can't seem to give the same goal type (in this case, examine) to a second item of the same type.)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 30, 2009, 09:07:08 pm »
Try disguising a gameplay object as the boat, then lower it into the water by holding control?
Hmm, trouble might be that you'd need to use a crate or an explosive barrel for the right size, making it have only 1 HP
I wonder if a door would work.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 30, 2009, 10:15:22 pm »
How do you make a mission goal of "Examine # of {Item}"? Other adventures I've seen do it, but the only way I can see how to do it is to make X amount of Acts, since I can't seem to give the same goal type (in this case, examine) to a second item of the same type.)

Maybe they duplicated the item in the catalog?
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Rikis

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 30, 2009, 11:06:02 pm »
Make enemies attack the player captain while they are inside a building?  I've been trying various combinations, but nothing works, they simply ignore the captain.  Yes they're set to aggressive (tried territorial but it didn't do anything).  I've tried some of the advanced social options too, but nothing.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 30, 2009, 11:22:27 pm »
Being "inside a building" is no different to being outdoors. Though, that sounds like a bug. Try deleting the creature on the list and re-picking it (assuming you aren't using them elsewhere or in other scenes).

Don't forget to check their awareness, because that sets the 'aggro' range for them to detect the captain.

Offline Rikis

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 11:44:57 pm »
Yep, set their awareness to max.  Tried making a new adventure with an "inside" of a building.  If I set the captain "inside", and the creature outside, the creature will not attack the captain, even if it is within it's awareness radius and it's wander radius.  If I set them both inside, it's the same thing, the creature simply ignores the captain.  But if I set the captain outside while the creature is inside, the creature WILL attack the captain.  It's very annoying.  Even tried playing with the sides (making both creature and building on the same team, and on opposite teams).
« Last Edit: June 30, 2009, 11:46:43 pm by Rikis »

gec05

« Reply #25 on: July 01, 2009, 07:47:02 am »
Buildings and NPCs are always a buggy subject. Which is probably the biggest problem Maxis needs to make a patch for.

I was once trying to make a race adventure. I built bridges across lava oceans. But the NPCs would completely walk around them. It's frustrating.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 01, 2009, 10:03:19 am »
I noticed that in my first adventure (Adventure Town, naturally).
The spoffits that follow you around? I tried to lure them over the bridge to their owner, thinking it some kind of optional bonus objective thingy, but they were totally blind to it.

I love making adventures, but the limits... dear god THE LIMITS!
Indoors? Good luck to you. Want to animate something? Use a sceneswitch, only you get capped at eight scenes. Want to create a prop for just one adventure? You have to upload it, meaning some poor shmuck will encounter a space civ that has a stool for a city hall, or a sliding bush for a land vehicle. I mean, not that it would be too unusual, given the stuff people upload without a thought for the seeding, but oh god, my brain!

Otherwise great games have recently been annoying the hell out of me.
My face, it palms.
(or should that be : "My hurt, it butts?")

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 10:46:55 am »
Want to create a prop for just one adventure? You have to upload it, meaning some poor shmuck will encounter a space civ that has a stool for a city hall, or a sliding bush for a land vehicle. I mean, not that it would be too unusual, given the stuff people upload without a thought for the seeding, but oh god, my brain!

I think the "gaprop" tag helps with this, unfortunately the average joe doesn't know about that.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 12:10:05 pm »
Want to create a prop for just one adventure? You have to upload it, meaning some poor shmuck will encounter a space civ that has a stool for a city hall, or a sliding bush for a land vehicle. I mean, not that it would be too unusual, given the stuff people upload without a thought for the seeding, but oh god, my brain!

I think the "gaprop" tag helps with this, unfortunately the average joe doesn't know about that.

Or you can always design your own props.

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 03:55:21 pm »

Or you can always design your own props.

Of course, but that doesn't change the fact that the prop will be downloaded with the adventure and later (possibly) seeded somewhere in-game.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.