Poll

Have you got Galactic Adventures yet?

Yes
32 (53.3%)
No
28 (46.7%)

Total Members Voted: 60

Author Topic: Have you got Galactic Adventures yet?  (Read 15520 times)

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Have you got Galactic Adventures yet?
« on: June 25, 2009, 08:00:20 pm »
I just got Galactic Adventures and I'm just wondering how many people have it yet. I've only just installed it and im allready having fun. So how many peeps have it and will I soon see your adventures?

My first captain is Galactic Space Gremlin (Yes hes a gremlin wearing a space suit).

You can change your vote when you finally get it.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 08:51:07 pm by DaMuncha »

Offline Monster

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
Re: Have you got Galactic Adventures yet?
« Reply #1 on: June 26, 2009, 12:12:55 am »
i just installed it now and played the starter mission ( it really makes the game seem ugh ), gonna go play on it later because i'm busy today.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2 on: June 26, 2009, 12:43:09 am »
I have! And i have been making lots of adventures. Each time I have learned a lot more. It sometimes more fun making them then it is playing them.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 26, 2009, 01:51:42 am »
I've been making my first epic adventure "Bragon Dall Z", and man it takes a long time to make a good mission, while learning.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 26, 2009, 12:59:36 pm »
Well, now that I got Spore working, Yes, I will!

but, just one stupid question that I don't think is worthy of a whole thread.

Can I get GA on Steam even if I didn't get Spore on steam?
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 26, 2009, 01:00:33 pm »
No, I don't.

You should add an option "No, but plan to"

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 01:28:37 pm »
He said you can change you vote when you get it.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 03:27:18 pm »
I just got Galactic Adventures and I'm just wondering how many people have it yet. I've only just installed it and im allready having fun. So how many peeps have it and will I soon see your adventures?

I have it. And so far I'm feeling very positive about it. I haven't had much time to play with it and when I loaded up my universe, I realized I had deleted all my saved games (doh!) So I've only been playing the quickplay missions (Maxis mades and Prison Escape so far (I can't get Parkaboy's mission to load through quickplay, for some reason.))

I've tooled around with the editor a bit. Mostly just testing out different things. Honestly, I don't know if I'll ever be happy enough with an adventure to publish it.

I started making Boralus (Borark homeworld) last night and I have some ideas... But the amount of content needed is daunting. Plus, since I reinstalled Spore on a new computer AND all my old Boralus creatures were purged from the database, I'm now having to start from scratch in re-creating them all -- which isn't such a bad thing with access to the CC/Exo parts.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 03:39:39 pm »

I have it. And so far I'm feeling very positive about it. I haven't had much time to play with it and when I loaded up my universe, I realized I had deleted all my saved games (doh!) So I've only been playing the quickplay missions (Maxis mades and Prison Escape so far (I can't get Parkaboy's mission to load through quickplay, for some reason.))

I've tooled around with the editor a bit. Mostly just testing out different things. Honestly, I don't know if I'll ever be happy enough with an adventure to publish it.

I started making Boralus (Borark homeworld) last night and I have some ideas... But the amount of content needed is daunting. Plus, since I reinstalled Spore on a new computer AND all my old Boralus creatures were purged from the database, I'm now having to start from scratch in re-creating them all -- which isn't such a bad thing with access to the CC/Exo parts.

Yay! I can't wait to try yours! You should check out my updated Prison Escape adventure and Gec's Beyon City adventure. They both have your Boraks. Feel free to use my Nauceans in any of your adventures.

Offline Bonemouse

• Battlezone Captain
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 04:13:50 pm »
I noticed ;D (I lurk). Definitely going to grab them tonight or tomorrow. As well as the Naucean's homeworld.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use the Nauceans in Boralus. But I do want a Baobas recruiting a some Borark's to work in their prison.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 07:29:18 pm »
I noticed ;D (I lurk). Definitely going to grab them tonight or tomorrow. As well as the Naucean's homeworld.

I'm not sure if I'm going to use the Nauceans in Boralus. But I do want a Baobas recruiting a some Borark's to work in their prison.

Ok I update it again GS Prison Escape v3.0. This time its a lot deeper and has more detail. Those YouTube tutorials you posted in the other thread really helped me.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 08:50:23 pm »
I've finished making Dagon Brawl Z (I changed the name) but before I upload I want to change the screen shots in the Sporpedia icon... Done

Hydo, I cant play your adventures because you have used parts from Creepy And Cute. Which I dont have.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 09:35:04 pm »
I've finished making Dagon Brawl Z (I changed the name) but before I upload I want to change the screen shots in the Sporpedia icon... Done

Hydo, I cant play your adventures because you have used parts from Creepy And Cute. Which I don't have.

Sorry. :/ Go buy Cute and Creepy then :P

Offline Legodragonxp

• Excitebike Gearhead
  • Now for some real user power...
    • View Profile
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 09:55:20 pm »
I don't have it yet (mainly because I tuned out of Spore and didn't know it was coming out)... darn it, nobody tells me anything anymore... LOL

-Lego

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 10:01:41 pm »
This thread is also so that I can add you as a freind and download your creations.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 11:56:08 pm »
I don't have it yet (mainly because I tuned out of Spore and didn't know it was coming out)... darn it, nobody tells me anything anymore... LOL

-Lego

Well everything deserves a 2nd chance and I think this is Spore's 2nd chance. And it really hs become what I really wished Spore was from the beginning. Sure its not as complex as other game editors but its still very powerful and really easy to use.

I have both been making and trying it out and both are extremely fun. For instance some games are really simple yet addicting like the old arcade games while others are epic adventures with lots of detail and deep storylines. But the best part is beaing able to take all the ideas we had from pre-spore and bring them to life in an adventure!

And seriously some of these game you can make within a day would have taken a real game designer weeks to create from scratch. I give it 4 Naucean thumbs up (because they have only 4 thumbs).

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 27, 2009, 03:50:42 am »
:( My first adventure has only been up a couple of hours and allready its got a unhappy face :(

Offline Monster

• Video Pinball Wizard
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 27, 2009, 04:44:37 am »
I'm still making my first adventure, it's taking ages.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 27, 2009, 06:24:05 am »
You should try all of my missions. I'm jack213 on the Sporepedia.

Offline Woulfe

• Wizardry Whiz
  • 40 Years Of Pop-culture
    • View Profile
    • Spore Sillyness Site
« Reply #19 on: June 27, 2009, 07:59:47 am »
I have it, but haven't made an Adventure yet as the editor is mocking me with it's complexity.
The leaflet that came with the game is a joke, so I got a PRIMA guide to help me. (  Just for the editor, I don't need it for game play at all. )
Something tells me the adventure I have in my head won't be the first one I make, as I have to do simple ones first to get the hang of the editor.
I've tried mostly the Maxis made Spore'ventures ( Is that a word even ? ) so far, they're a lot of fun, and funny as well.
After I've played them all ( At least ones the ones that are unlocked ) I'll start playing other folks 'ventures, a lot of this to see what is possible and what isn't for my own 'ventures.

- W -
* Who just might do a little adventure on his own *

Offline amigang

• Galaxian Guru
    • View Profile
    • Vincent Perkins
« Reply #20 on: June 27, 2009, 08:54:20 am »
I have to say this bring new life to game and your creation, I haven't played it too long, haven't had the time, but I've had fun on all the mission so far and the adventure creator, I've only followed the simple tutorial in it, but looks like its going to be pretty easy to make fun adventures the only hard and time taxing bits are making the buildings and objects you want to appear in your game, but the great thing is you got sporepeiad that's pretty much got any object you can think off made for you. I highly recommend it for anyone who wanted to make there own little 3d game, because this is by far the best/simplest editor I have every seen to do it in.

Right back to making Zool 3 which is what I always wanted to do! Zool for anyone who doest know was a gaming charter from the 90s very popular on the Amiga, and one of my all time fav 2d platformer and I always wish they make a new 3d one, well now I can do something about that!  ;D
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwV7TmZcPXE" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KwV7TmZcPXE</a>
<a href="http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WTqIFLgzzQ" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_WTqIFLgzzQ</a>

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #21 on: June 27, 2009, 01:20:17 pm »
Zool looks completely doable.

Offline GrapeFruit

• Gorf Goon
  • I'm killing my way to truth!
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 01, 2009, 10:42:27 am »
Just got it today. So far everything is great. (multiple sporegasms)

Now I only have to overcome my usual creative perplexity when given great tools. The more I can do with it, the harder it is for me to actually do something. The opportunities are killing me.
Quote from: Liquos
I can't wait that long! I'm gonna explode from patience!

Quote from: Parkaboy
"Around the world you may notice that other creatures evolve while others don't"
That's because some of them are christians.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 03, 2009, 05:17:34 am »
Can't decided if I should get this or not. What's good and bad with this game compared to the original?
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 03, 2009, 05:58:24 am »
It lets you play and create adventures made by you or other players. Adventures are spread just like creatures and are downloaded from the sporpedia.

Adventures consist of a customized world which can be sculpted and built on with any building, vehicle, or creature in your sporpedia. Most adentures have customized quests which can be completely different depending on what the theme of the Adventure is. Adventures can be "Proctect" missions, "Story" missions, "Explore" missions, "Destroy/Invade" missions, or anything you can come up with, with set goals to complete in each mission.

Galactic Adventures comes with a new Captain outfiter so you can customize your space captain with new range of clothes and a ton of new abilitys for each piece of clothing, which may consist of rocket jets, lightning claws, or even lazer guns.

As a bonus GA also comes with a crap load of bugs and problems which will cause you hours of stress, for your veiwing pleasure. Bugs consist of an extremely slow load time to open spore, may cause crashing, downloaded creatures for adventures may not load, some creations for adventures may not download at all and will never play, and the menu system is very buggy and will often quit back to the root menu and reset ur mission settings,

but wait.. theres more, if you order your complete set of ginsu steak knives now we will also throw in a feature that allows you to create a space captain in your saved games then let you play with your captain outside the saved game and earn experience points to gain new abilitys which can be used in your saved game next time you play.

So order your copy of Galactic Adventures today!

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 03, 2009, 06:27:30 am »
some creations for adventures may not download at all and will never play,

That is the only problem with this game that I have had.

Overall, the game has really got me back into Spore.
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 03, 2009, 08:11:47 am »
So you finally bought GA aye Barny Skyward? Enjoying it? I'll add you to my freinds list aye buddy.

Offline Pixxel

• Robotron Automaton
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 03, 2009, 09:17:43 am »
gonna get it next week.. I think :)
If you stop and think about it, Your life's longer as an old guy than a kid. Scary o.o

gec05

« Reply #28 on: July 03, 2009, 11:15:45 am »
Bugs consist of an extremely slow load time to open spore, may cause crashing, downloaded creatures for adventures may not load, some creations for adventures may not download at all and will never play, and the menu system is very buggy and will often quit back to the root menu and reset ur mission settings,

I don't have any of those problems, and even I have a pretty underpowered computer. Bugs come at a user-by-user basis, so I wouldn't list any of those as a downside.

If any, bugs come from creatures getting stuck or lost when walking on objects or buildings other than the planet soil. I find some of the AI options to be useless due to the NPC's incompetence with figuring out whether something can or can't be walked on. Things can also get really sluggish them ore objects there are.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 04, 2009, 12:37:37 am »
I have now completed Misty Island (Myst) and uploaded it. enjoy!

http://www.spore.com/sporepedia#qry=usr-DaMuncha%7C2262950273%3Asast-500388144747

Took me about a week to make this.

Edit: re uploaded.

Edit: Re uploaded again. Final.

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #30 on: July 05, 2009, 05:31:59 am »
Just ordered it from Amazon.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Summoner

• BurgerTime Chef
  • I wont stab you... or will i?
    • View Profile
    • Summoners Deviant Art Page
« Reply #31 on: July 06, 2009, 07:44:43 am »
getting it today :P

Offline Cow

• Track and Field Jock
  • Rad.
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 08, 2009, 07:46:53 pm »
Getting it when I have the money. Damn you, laziness!

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 11, 2009, 03:19:01 am »
I've been meaning to get this, but because I live too far away from any decent stores I haven't had the chance. Does anyone who lives in Australia know roughly what it costs?

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #34 on: July 12, 2009, 06:00:04 pm »
Xeno, Direct2Drive is your friend.  ::)

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 12, 2009, 09:01:11 pm »
I don't think Direct2Drive works in Australia, does it?

Got it for $40AU at JB Hifi.
« Last Edit: July 20, 2009, 11:34:59 pm by Xeno264 »

Offline Snork

• Ensign Seventh Class
  • Do I care?
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 22, 2009, 04:09:28 pm »
I don't have GA yet, and I probably won't for some time, since I've lost my Spore CD, and I'm doubtful that my GFX can even run it again. Tis' a  shame, since I could have recreated The Cleansing :(
Quote from: Orc Creation Story.
Stop rolling like pigs amongst the faeces and get out of the way of my sunlight, you stupid f***ers.
Jawless women and their fine, fine feet