Author Topic: How do you design inside buildings?  (Read 5105 times)

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
How do you design inside buildings?
« on: June 24, 2009, 07:39:17 pm »
How do you design inside buildings? ???

You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: How do you design inside buildings?
« Reply #1 on: June 24, 2009, 09:20:17 pm »
You make buildings that look like the inside a buildings. Or just make walls and construct the building using parts.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 24, 2009, 11:07:14 pm »
I was disappointed to find out that the Hall of Stuff was a separate building far away made of several different parts, connected to the other building by teleporter. Oh well, maybe Maxis will release an expansion pack later.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 24, 2009, 11:22:12 pm »
Essentially, make the walls, ceiling and floor as separate buildings, arrange them into the basic form of the building, and before putting on the roof design the interior.
I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 24, 2009, 11:32:24 pm »
Is there any new stuff like building textures or is it still the same? because I was thinking of making a giant half-sphere glass dome building when I buy this for an adventure but I don't recall there being translucent materials.
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

gec05

« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 11:42:35 pm »
Nope. Same ol' textures. What you can probably do is try to use some of the new particle effects and try to arrange them in midair to create your own force field.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 26, 2009, 07:53:51 am »
Bah, thats such a cheap way of doing it, they shoulda just let us make the insides.

gec05

« Reply #7 on: June 26, 2009, 10:06:17 am »
If you have subscribed to any of the Maxis staff or Parkaboy, they have some interior parts. Use theirs if your lazy.

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 26, 2009, 11:59:22 am »
Bah, thats such a cheap way of doing it, they shoulda just let us make the insides.

I hear that's the next expansion. Spore Interior Designer. It's gonna be a steal at only 30 USD. Too bad it doesn't add any creature or vehicle parts.
I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

Offline Kenobro

• Space Harrier
  • I am not a robot!
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 26, 2009, 12:07:34 pm »
ONLY 30 USD for being able to design interior?  Damn, that's expensive.

That's not a steal, it's a rip-off too pay more than half of the cost of the game for barely anything new.  Just release one expansion pack instead of a billion.  What's next, 30 USD too be able to insert the Spore creatures into one's own...

Closet?  As in, a poster maker?  Oh wait, there is one that's like 20 for a comic maker.

Quote from: Grazony
Thanks Kenobro. :)

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 12:28:56 pm »

That's not a steal, it's a rip-off too pay more than half of the cost of the game for barely anything new.  Just release one expansion pack instead of a billion.  What's next, 30 USD too be able to insert the Spore creatures into one's own...

Closet?  As in, a poster maker?  Oh wait, there is one that's like 20 for a comic maker.

You do realise he's.....

Nevermind.
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 28, 2009, 07:11:09 pm »

It appears you've fallen into a sarchasm. Luckily for you, I always carry a spare set of crampons and a pickax just for these incidents.

Offline DarkDragon

• Final Fantasy Fanatic
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 29, 2009, 08:07:05 am »
Honestly, I want the next expansion to improve on the cell and creature stages, maybe add the underwater phase we all wanted and less BS in terms of evolving (seriously, dancing contests?). Also, being able to choose the size of your creature, imagine if you could play as a tiny insect :O

EDIT

Did I mention flora editor which is way overdue and new creature parts?
DarkDragon's Minecraft Survival Server (use this as the IP):

gamingsteve.dyndns.org

- The server uses a whitelist, if you're not on the whitelist (can't connect), PM me your minecraft name.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #13 on: June 29, 2009, 02:43:36 pm »
Honestly, I want the next expansion to improve on the cell and creature stages, maybe add the underwater phase we all wanted and less BS in terms of evolving (seriously, dancing contests?). Also, being able to choose the size of your creature, imagine if you could play as a tiny insect :O

EDIT

Did I mention flora editor which is way overdue and new creature parts?

Yeah the 2 main things are ...

1. Underwater Phase
2. Flora Editor

If we just had those 2 in a pack I would be happy. But for now I have to use the creature editor to make mimic flora and then use special fxs in the adventure editor to make a fake underwater phase.