Author Topic: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite  (Read 26543 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
« Reply #60 on: August 13, 2009, 11:32:01 am »
it makes up for it with a 65k cost to make

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #61 on: August 13, 2009, 12:10:17 pm »
Generally full bomb cats are useful for wyvern fights whether or not your melee. If your melee you shoudl rarely get hit by bombs because you will rarely be near a wyvern for long. Generally you take a few hits and dodge or block right?

No?, Then your getting selfish with hits and that's why you keep dying.

Just keep an eye on your surroundings and you will know if your kitty partner is about to launch a bomb. Bombs do a lot for damage and can knock over wyverns.

I have 3 types of cats, Pure melee for hunting small monsters, *mind you DROMES are smaller imo. Pure bomb for big monsters and a non attacking cat with support ability to fill the in between.

For example a Bomb cat would rarely land a hit on Tigrex, A melee one will get plowed over and die, So a support kitty to get his attention and heal you works good.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #62 on: August 13, 2009, 12:22:12 pm »
The way I fight with me greatsword is to rush in and get under their legs and start using side slash into an uppercut because it combos continuously only problem is i cant get under tigrex and i cant exactly run away from him when i try to sheathe and run

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #63 on: August 13, 2009, 12:44:36 pm »
Yes, neither of our classes has much in the running department. What weapon do you use Gorm?

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #64 on: August 14, 2009, 07:57:45 pm »
Mostly a Gunlance but for tigrex i used a Great sword.

When using a great sword you can actually roll off to the side right after a swing, Tigrexs weakest point is his head.

So i hit him and roll out of the way, If i think i am not going to move fast enough i block it and try again.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #65 on: August 14, 2009, 08:38:02 pm »
Anyone have any advice on the plesioth?
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #66 on: August 15, 2009, 06:54:50 am »
yea, go kill gypceros and skip it  :P

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #67 on: August 15, 2009, 10:03:38 am »
Bring ten mega potions and ten normal potions, get the hermitaur armour or something with better water protection and farm a weapon upgrade or two.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #68 on: September 28, 2009, 12:18:33 pm »
Any easy way to kill Monoblos? I need to get that blood red horn to start making my blos armor

also where do splendid beaks drop since I have killed yian garuga about a million times trying to get one

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #69 on: September 29, 2009, 09:24:50 am »
Sonic bombs are your best friend against Monoblos, When he dives under if you throw a sonic bomb right away he will pop and become trapped in the ground as if you pitfall trapped him. It only works when he is not in rage mode however.

If you are going to make Monoblos armor you have to be sure to break off his horn during your battles with him, That's how you get blood red horn.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #70 on: October 13, 2009, 11:57:50 am »
Feeling pretty good, I've beaten down almost everything elder 5 star can throw at me (well except for kirin/chameleos/lunastra) and I'm working on the urgent quest now. I have to say my strategies have changed a lot since I started, at first my strategy was crush everything with brute force, now I find myself exploiting traps/unhittable zones/weaknesses on everything I come up against, A week ago I could barely stand up against a lone rathalos now I am slaughtering both rathalos and rathian at the same time using only a few demon/armor drugs and a few flash bombs and pit falls.

I'm coming for you next Akantor  :D