Author Topic: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite  (Read 26553 times)

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
« Reply #45 on: July 22, 2009, 08:59:43 pm »
In order for a piece of armor top show up in the creation list i believe you ether must have half the materials needed to create it. Maybe more.

But for the record every single piece of armor has a full set.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: July 23, 2009, 01:54:04 pm »
Is it on the lines of having so many guild points to unlock the stuff?
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #47 on: July 23, 2009, 05:37:38 pm »
I don't understand how the unlocking system works because I got 1 blue kut ku piece and it unlocked all the pieces that I surmise use it

well anyways I went into the guild hall because I was tired of farming Kut Ku (gotta learn how to break its damn ears >.<) and noticed one of the ladies had an exclamation mark, turns out I have a lv 2 star quest to hunter a rathalos and a rathian. I decided to try it since after all my farming I had access to a ravager (greatsword) a crystal hammer (really powerful upgrades into a rare-4) and my iron katana "gospel" So I figured what the hell I got a chance...wrong. Rathalos was ridiculously hard I could barely land a hit before getting smashes in the face by his tail or a fire ball. Rathian didnt go well either 3 seconds into the fight he bitch slapped me with a back flip he did mid-air and poisoned me which lowered me to less than half my life, then he did it again and I died of poison. This game is already frustratingly hard, I'm dreading the later game  :D

oh also is blangonga weak to fire?

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: July 23, 2009, 06:45:38 pm »
I need to get the PSP out... I got sidetracked with other games.
STOP HAMMERTIME 

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #49 on: July 23, 2009, 08:45:50 pm »
I could barely land a hit before getting smashes in the face by his tail

GOTCHA B*TCH

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: July 24, 2009, 06:54:21 am »
heh sorry dndfreak I dont use gotcha b*tch anymore, I only use my greatsword on weaker creatures like yian kut ku, I use my longsword or my hammer for new enemies

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: July 24, 2009, 11:21:10 pm »
In the first game Rathalos is the first major monster you face, He is still a badass in this game too.

Rathian is the female version and shes quite a bit easier. You will want to have pretty decent armor before facing ether one and traps and supplies are a must.

Blangonga is weak to fire btw.

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #52 on: July 24, 2009, 11:58:51 pm »
heh sorry dndfreak I dont use gotcha b*tch anymore, I only use my greatsword on weaker creatures like yian kut ku, I use my longsword or my hammer for new enemies

I don't care, you weren't the one gotcha b*tch-ing, it was the mob.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: July 26, 2009, 09:46:25 am »
Managed to trap Khezu. I need to upgrade my katana to the mirage sword.
STOP HAMMERTIME 

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #54 on: August 10, 2009, 08:59:56 pm »
Heeeeey guise. Got this for my birthday a while ago, sometimes play with a friend who has it too, right now Lvl 3 Solo quest Lvl 4 Group. I'd probably be Lvl 4 both but I hate the Blagonga.

... A full bomb cat is a horrible idea for a melee-er. I think Gormans trying to trip you up >_>

I'd say you probably want a full melee, or favors melee if you can't find full, and make him get as much defense as he can, so he can cover you a bit for heal and sharpening breaks.
« Last Edit: August 10, 2009, 11:14:52 pm by Kratok »

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #55 on: August 12, 2009, 07:10:47 am »
yea, a bomb cat for a melee will just screw you up, especially if your trying to combo with a greatsword, I gave my cat poison atk, poison flute, and flute so he could just cure me of poison and hit the boss with it and keep the smallers away from me.

in other news I picked the game back up after many frustrating deaths to plesioth and BAM managed to beat it and blangonga, got new powerful weapons and armor and I've been one shotting every monster in my way, only one that I cant beat is monoblos, I'm just farming Yian Kut Ku though I wanna make the Chicken Cutter sword  8)

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: August 12, 2009, 08:23:28 am »
Ha, that's the monster thats putting me down. I for one need to get a feline companion.
STOP HAMMERTIME 

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #57 on: August 12, 2009, 06:05:25 pm »
If you're still having trouble with those two the Hermitaur armor is really easy to get and good with the defense. But I use a gunlance so it might be a bigger help.
I haven't actually bought any cat skills so I can save up for the secret stuff, which is rather silly. Like about everything I do in this game, like try making the Makluva set.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: August 13, 2009, 10:04:30 am »
I beat the monoblos with no potions left and all my bombs and traps used up. also got my raven cutter which I'm working on upgrading to a rare-7 greatsword which has blue sharpness  :D

only problem now is tigrex, my greatsword makes me too slow to hit him before he combos my face off, I was told to drug him with meat to make him sleepy but he seems more interested in me >.>

Offline Kratok

• View Profile
« Reply #59 on: August 13, 2009, 11:23:05 am »
Lucky, the steel and ice gunlance only get one upgrade before requiring + stuff and magic ore.