Author Topic: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite  (Read 26522 times)

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
Re: Monster Hunter Freedom Unite
« Reply #15 on: July 10, 2009, 11:47:51 pm »
thats what traps and flash bombs are used for  8)

when I bagged my first giant monkey I used a shock trap to throw out my first full charge shot then i ran around till he did that move where he falls over ran behind and cut off his tail then continued doing that till i broke off his crest on his head till he enraged then I popped a flash bang and laid down another shock trap and finished him with a full charge

flash bang exploiting is the greatest thing ever...until you fight monsters that have no eyes to flash...

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • Thor carrier of the mightiest hammer
    • View Profile
« Reply #16 on: July 10, 2009, 11:53:12 pm »
I must be a terrible aim. I tried using one of the guns. Shot him 30 times with the fire rounds and did not go down. I got him to enrage though.
STOP HAMMERTIME 
PSN Names YaY I got a thread stickied.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: July 10, 2009, 11:58:36 pm »
which type of shot was it? and light or heavy gun?

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: July 11, 2009, 12:04:06 am »
It was the heavy.
STOP HAMMERTIME 

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: July 15, 2009, 12:36:18 am »
Aw man..as i said before Monster hunter on the PS2 was my favorite game of all time.

Nothing has been close to taking it spot. Anyhoo..i never get handhelds..but my job is a job where i travel almost constantly so me and my GF both picked up PSPs and Monster hunter Unite so we can play together wherever we go.

Man ..i love this game...

Anyway i am somewhat a vet since i played the original i can offer some advice.

If you are having that much trouble with Khezu then you are going to have to take some time and prepare. Try to get an armor set that is resistant to electric and make some pitfall traps and barrel bombs. Flash bombs wont work because Khezu is blind. If you are playing the offline mode make sure you have a fairly high level cat comrade who is a pure bomber.

Until you are skilled you should dodge a monster in rage mode until it calms back down then attack it again. I don't remember for sure but i believe Kezhu is weak to fire. So a fire weapon would help a lot.

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: July 15, 2009, 12:51:13 am »
I tried Khezu 4 times almost beat him 3 of those tries. The problem is I know I can trap him. It is just I mess that part up. It is asleep and I put the trap but then for some reason it never goes into it.....
STOP HAMMERTIME 

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: July 15, 2009, 07:19:17 am »
This game sounds like a lot of fun...

Almost makes me want a PSP, almost. 

If i got one I would have to mod it for teh hackzorz though.

Plus how much are PSP's anyway?
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.

Offline Gorman Conall

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: July 15, 2009, 08:42:34 am »
I will admit the game is hit or miss, Some people will love it some will hate it. In Japan this game is what Grand theft auto is to the US.

This is a very slow game, You will spend a lot of time collecting parts to make armor weapons and traps. And you will have to battle the same monsters over again to get some parts. The thing is though this ain't a MMO. If you kill a monster once that does not mean you can do it again, The next time you will still have a challenge.

There are no levels in this game, Your power is based solely on the weapons and armor you make, If you get up high and have bad ass armor and decide you want to try some new lower level armor and weapons vs a lower powered monster, You can do that.

Also the main thing that turns off the western audience is this game is hard, This game will beat you in to a wall and kick you in the balls while your up against said wall. But that's all part of the fun!.

Its a fantastic game, Its my favorite for a reason. I just wish the rest of the west would stop treating its difficulty as a game flaw.

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: July 16, 2009, 07:27:39 pm »
I finally beat khezu then plowed through daiymo now plesioth keeps making me it's bitch...**** you hip check!

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #24 on: July 16, 2009, 07:38:19 pm »
What level of quests are you on? I'm about ready to go on to the third level quests.
STOP HAMMERTIME 

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: July 16, 2009, 08:07:45 pm »
in the third level you fight daiymo and plesioth and you also unlock 2 new zones

I got lucky when fighting daiymo since he is a walking tank, luckily my greatsword stagger spam worked and I beat him with 1 potion left...Would of had more if my god damn feline would stop throwing bombs at me >.<
« Last Edit: July 16, 2009, 08:16:02 pm by Kaizer »

Offline Hammerman58

• Q*Bert Qrazy
    • View Profile
« Reply #26 on: July 16, 2009, 09:36:26 pm »
I'm loving my Katana I upgraded it to its third level. I need to work on gear sets though.
STOP HAMMERTIME 

Offline dndfreak

• 1942 Veteran
  • The GM
    • View Profile
    • PathLosers
« Reply #27 on: July 17, 2009, 01:40:59 am »
Wow, this thing ACTUALLY sounds like a challenge.  Seems more like an action title than an RPG though...  Kinda like KH I guess.  I'm still not even sure why they tried adding stat building to that game...

Fun fact- bosses in the KH games will automatically level you after defeat without changing your experience total.  Also, the bonus gained from scripted levels is different from those gained naturally.  Due to the level cap, tis means that a maxed out sora at the end of the game will have different stats with a sora you grinded by earning TP against riku back on Destiny Islands.  Of course, to me this ACTUALLY makes sense, similar to the EV training in the more recent Pokemon titles.

Can you tell that I just inhaled about 30 giant pixie stix and it's 4:40 AM?  WHEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

COOCOO FOR COCOA PUFFS!

Offline Kaizer

• Mail Order Monster
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 17, 2009, 08:33:40 am »
I'm loving my Katana I upgraded it to its third level. I need to work on gear sets though.
stick with a full blademaster set atk up small is godly this early in and if you need swap out the helmet for hi metal helm as that will add hp +20 to your set bonus

Offline eropS

• Out Run Speedster
  • That's right, I went there
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 17, 2009, 09:50:01 am »
Sigh* I think I'm saving up for a PSP and this now :P

Can the newer ones be hacked or should I stick with the older ones used? (I want to be able to put emulators on it)
« Last Edit: July 17, 2009, 09:53:36 am by eropS »
No, no, he did. In the everything else section, at least. Officially, this makes him king.