Author Topic: GA Problems!  (Read 20271 times)

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
GA Problems!
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:10:39 pm »
After all that trouble of fixing my Spore by reinstalling, I finally installed Galactic Adventures. And when I start playing adventures, what do I get? THE GAME CRASHES!!!  >:(

Can anybody help?

Ichthyostega

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
Re: GA Problems!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:12:48 pm »
Do you have Vista? If so, go to Games, and then click on Spore Galactic Adventures, not Spore. Worked for me.

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »
I have XP, not Vista.

The game itself works fine. But when I get to playing an adventure, just as the loading screen appears, the game crashes.

If this keeps up, then I'm going to stop buying Spore products in the future.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:20:19 pm by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 12:51:56 am »
I'll now approach this with a cooler head.

While installing Galactic Adventures, my computer got that blue screen of death, so I am forced to start the installation process all over again. Now when I play the game, it's all messed up, with the exception of the Captain Outfitter. It won't let me play adventures (it crashes), it won't let me place a captain in the Adventure Creator (messed up), and it crashes when a load a preset planet texture. It's all fubar.

I'll reckon an reinstallation would work, but I am NOT going through that trouble of reinstalling all of Spore again! Can I reinstall just Galactic Adventures, without going through that risky registry editing?
Ichthyostega

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »
Well. When I was playing spore, the day before I got GA, spore crashed. I just turned off the computer for a couple days and boom! Back to normal.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 09:01:29 pm »
im having trouble in the editor. I cant figure out how to use the advanced programing things available in maxis made maps.

for instance, on a maxis made adventures, their is a button on some of the creatures called "advanced settings", but you dont seem to have access to this button on costom made maps

for a game about creativity and openess, why is it we cant use half the things the developers can?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:06:08 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 09:04:01 pm »
Because spore is built for ze kiddies?

gec05

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 09:50:40 pm »
im having trouble in the editor. I cant figure out how to use the advanced programing things available in maxis made maps.

for instance, on a maxis made adventures, their is a button on some of the creatures called "advanced settings", but you dont seem to have access to this button on costom made maps

for a game about creativity and openess, why is it we cant use half the things the developers can?

Have you tried double clicking them?

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:04:16 pm »
how would that help? it just gives me the same menu option I normaly get.

what I mean is, when you select behavior, one of the options is, 'advanced'. its right next to aggresive, but its only their once in a while for some reason, and only on some of the maxis maps
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:12:25 pm by Crazen »
No capitalization......

Crazen!

gec05

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 10:08:35 pm »
I wasn't sure that you meant the "Ying-Yang" button. Yeah, that seems to be missing. I needed that too. >:(

EDIT: AH-HA! I figured it out. Control+Click any of the standard behaviors to make the advanced options appear.

Now if only I can figure out how they lift certain vehicles into the air.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:24:41 pm by Gec »

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 03:23:53 am »
Nevermind, I finally got it to work through a simple reinstall! Yay!  ;D Apologies to Maxis for that little outburtst.
Ichthyostega

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
More Spore Problems :D
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07:14 am »
Well, I recently got Spore working again!

When I checked the Sporepedia I saw that almost all of my creatures have white boxes for thumbnails. When I click beneath the thumbnail for a summary, all i get is an error saying something along the lines of "There was an error connecting to the Spore servers". When I try to edit my creature it just pops me into the creature creator with the default "blobs", no creature.

If anyone knows how to help, I would appreciate it, I would hate losing 90% of my creations.

Never mind, After a while of file modifying I was finally able to get it back into shape.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:51:27 pm by Skyward »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Reported bugs with Galactic Adventures
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:23:11 am »
while i've been playing today I've noticed a few bugs with GA and I think we should have a Thread so that Maxis can see it and see what problems people are having.

Bugs:
1. After placing or editing a creature in the game world in Adventure Editor then zooming out the creature stays selected and will not deselect. The work around this is to select another object. But deselecting by clicking the ground will not work.

Needed:
1. The help section (?) does not have any help for actions or teqniques for Galactic Adventures.
2. More detailed discriptions for buttons.
3. more scriptable (programable) actions availible for quest targets.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Re: More Spore Problems :D
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 08:26:03 am »
"There was an error connecting to the Spore servers" means that the Spore servers are screwing them selves.

I get "There was an error connecting to the Spore servers" on creatures that have been deleted from the servers.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 10:02:12 am »
But did you have this white box issue?

I was able to get a picture of it:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:33:34 am by Skyward »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #15 on: June 26, 2009, 05:53:56 pm »
Nope. never had that problem. looks like those creatures arnt dowloading, since that creature icon IS the creature.

Since the GA patch (no GA yet for me), I started the Space Phase, and the tutorial mission to drop an infected animal was nearly impossible... the beaming down of the animal would send it far off screen, nowhere near the city that was targeted by my ship's transporter.  ???

Yeah I ran into that today. I was on a mission to kill infected creatures, and none of them would die. No matter what weapon I chose. Then I tried teleporting a creature onto the planet, and it nothing happened, and it flew off, then i tried another creature and that hung in that air in the exact same way that bricks dont.

gec05

« Reply #16 on: June 28, 2009, 12:27:28 pm »
Maxis needs to fix building collision. I get my captains spawning in floors, NPCs are too stupid to walk on a relatively stable surface, and epics walking over skyscrapers than around them.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #17 on: June 29, 2009, 05:24:56 am »
Ok, a bug im getting is that stupid message "download robot chicken adventures" keeps popping up while im loading a game or editors, and my game crashes. and every time I go back to the galaxy screen it pops up making me click it off, which bugs the crap out of me.
---

But yeah, its been realy hard trying to build my map of Stoneship with all the gang ways and rope bridges around the place because my captain keeps falling through the floors. And the building editor has no ship parts so im having to build a ship out of building parts (I'v done a pretty good job on that, but took me ages). Its either that or use a ship that I've made with the vehicle editor, problem is in the adventure my captain cant get anywhere near the ship because the the game wonrt allow him to.

I couldnt make the rocket the way I wanted with teh building editor, it just looks like crap. So iv made it with the land vehicle editor. Problem is for sum reaon it constantly floats a few hypondrian feet off the ground, no matter what I do it wont touch the ground. same with cars and other vehicles.

I'm feeling like a BETA tester again.

Why doesnt EA BETA test thier own software, I mean theyve had 8 months to do it.

Offline Prok

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: June 29, 2009, 06:24:02 am »
Whenever I try to play an adventure I haven't tried yet - even a Maxis one - a box comes up saying "Downloading Adventure creations" or something like that and it doesn't go away until I hit cancel.  Then I have to pick the adventure again to play it.  From then on, some of the adventures work, and some don't. 

The ones that don't work, I get boxes telling me something along the lines of "Adventure creations download failed" or "Some creations are missing - will substitute these creations".  Then I hit OK or whatever to make the message go away and it goes right back to the adventure selection screen.  Whenever I try to play these adventures, the same thing happens over and over again so I can't play them.

Anyone else having this problem / knows how to fix it?

Offline martyk

• Simon Belmont
  • Never underestimate the power of dolphin!
    • View Profile
« Reply #19 on: June 29, 2009, 06:28:33 am »
Whenever I try to play an adventure I haven't tried yet - even a Maxis one - a box comes up saying "Downloading Adventure creations" or something like that and it doesn't go away until I hit cancel.  Then I have to pick the adventure again to play it.  From then on, some of the adventures work, and some don't. 

The ones that don't work, I get boxes telling me something along the lines of "Adventure creations download failed" or "Some creations are missing - will substitute these creations".  Then I hit OK or whatever to make the message go away and it goes right back to the adventure selection screen.  Whenever I try to play these adventures, the same thing happens over and over again so I can't play them.

Perhaps if you're having trouble with some creations missing from adventures, you should stop cancelling when it's trying to download those creations and let it finish.  Just a thought.
Quote from: Doctor Zay
Martyk is a handsome fish.
Quote from: Brandonazz
This dolphin is delicious.
<Sgore> Martyk, mentally I always picture you as like, our forums bartender.
<Neoadept> I've always pictured you trapped in a tuna net

Offline Prok

• Fire Truck Driver
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: June 29, 2009, 07:18:49 pm »
Good thought, but I tried that several times and it never stops downloading!  I left it for up to fifteen minutes once and the box was still up and my internet connection was working fine.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: June 29, 2009, 08:11:22 pm »
another query: how do you make epics?
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #22 on: June 29, 2009, 08:26:20 pm »
Shift+Mouse wheel= Epic anything even buildings or baby size anything.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #23 on: June 29, 2009, 09:37:52 pm »
I wonder if Maxis is reading this thread.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #24 on: June 30, 2009, 03:45:06 am »

That box is actually supposed to come up.  ;) That's the game telling you it's got the adventure but not the components, characters, buildings etc. to fully run it yet, and that it's scurrying off to the internet to find them. I fully agree that when it fails it's pretty annoying though, but sometimes if I try it again later on the same adventure it will work because it's already got a lot of the components from its last attempt.

It'd be useful if that box had a progress bar though. That way it'd be easier to see how far it's through doing what it's doing, instead of watching the little spinny galaxy thing.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #25 on: June 30, 2009, 06:17:38 am »
When I'm selecting an adventure, or a captain, or is sumwhere in that menu system. Spore keeps quitign back to the Galactic Adventure root menu.

I download or select a mission to play, then I sele...  it quits back to the root menu.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #26 on: June 30, 2009, 10:51:16 am »
When I'm selecting an adventure, or a captain, or is sumwhere in that menu system. Spore keeps quitign back to the Galactic Adventure root menu.

I download or select a mission to play, then I sele...  it quits back to the root menu.

I've got that one too, it's REALLY frustrating. Tends to make me click something quickly or just stick to the Random button.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #27 on: July 01, 2009, 10:54:16 am »
Got GA, but it won't work!  >:(
I'm on Vista, and when I go to start GA, it shows the black screen for a few seconds, and then crashes.
The error seems to be this(found it in the exception report):
ACCESS_VIOLATION reading address 0x00000000

Anybody know how to fix this??  :'(

Offline Plank of Wood

• Final Fighter
  • Ka-Boom!
    • View Profile
« Reply #28 on: July 01, 2009, 10:57:29 am »
Have you tried starting from the SporeApp?
the real saviour of this forum

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #29 on: July 01, 2009, 11:08:10 am »
Yes, I have. It's making me really annoyed.

Offline MNIDJM

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mission: Regenesis
« Reply #30 on: July 02, 2009, 05:55:57 pm »
Whenever I try to play the game I click the icon in the folder, the screen goes black, but then It crashes. WTFruit!?!?
« Last Edit: July 02, 2009, 06:07:12 pm by MNIDJM »

Obviously UFO, you haven't snuck into Micheal Bay's house and stolen his version of Citizen Kane. Giant radioactive exploding ninjas are the least silliest parts.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #31 on: July 02, 2009, 06:15:02 pm »
Exact same problem I'm having. And EA customer support seems to busy to talk to me.  :-\

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #32 on: July 03, 2009, 10:41:12 pm »
Game crashes when ever I use the "pointed" part in the building editor, well it works in the editor, but when I exit the editor the game crashes every time. I have replaced that part and It doesnt crash, so it must be that part called "pointed".

When you set a music file/sound for a stage in quest it will use that icon/name for all music in editor, you can mouse over the music icon and it will play different songs, but have the same name. Then if you re open the adventure in the editor, you check that the sounds are still set and it says no sounds are set, but if you mouse over that icon it will still play the music you have set. if you open it again in the editor, no music will play at all and you will have to re select the sound files to play.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #33 on: July 04, 2009, 09:15:20 am »
Miclee, MNIDJM, just run GA instead of Spore.

Offline MNIDJM

• Akalabeth Addict
    • View Profile
    • Mission: Regenesis
« Reply #34 on: July 04, 2009, 09:17:02 am »
Not working.
Now I'm getting a runtime error.

Obviously UFO, you haven't snuck into Micheal Bay's house and stolen his version of Citizen Kane. Giant radioactive exploding ninjas are the least silliest parts.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #35 on: July 04, 2009, 03:31:03 pm »
Miclee, MNIDJM, just run GA instead of Spore.
That's what I was doing. Just crashes.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #36 on: July 04, 2009, 04:04:38 pm »
Run Spore then. I can't help you further if it doesn't work.

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #37 on: July 04, 2009, 04:22:15 pm »
GA needs the disc to play.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Miclee

• Donkey Kong King
    • View Profile
« Reply #38 on: July 04, 2009, 05:38:44 pm »
The disk is in the drive. I get a black screen, and a crash.  :'(

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #39 on: July 04, 2009, 05:48:12 pm »
"GA needs the disc to play"

Yeah thats anoying, that was one of the selling points about spore (not needing the disk) now I have to change disks every time i wanna play Sims3/Spore.

Bug:
When you attach the toxic Crystal, the poison blade ability does not apear in your attack abilitys

This Poison blade ability icon uses the same space as the lighting claws ability so you can not benifit from usign them at the same time. You can use one or the other, but not both. (I wish I had known this before I bought both items).

Offline Xeno264

• Defender Devotee
  • Don't eat the yellow snow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #40 on: July 04, 2009, 10:01:45 pm »
Do you have the Wolverine-like blades (I forget the name)  on? They override the Toxic Crystal.

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #41 on: July 05, 2009, 08:11:24 am »
There are only four social slots and four combat slots.
The warrior and shaman parts override each other, as do those two rows of socials.

Offline jiboxemo

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Notoriously stupid
    • View Profile
    • EVE SPORECAST
« Reply #42 on: July 06, 2009, 05:28:46 am »

I've got that one too, it's REALLY frustrating. Tends to make me click something quickly or just stick to the Random button.

Funny thing is: this problem happens both in PC and MAC.

But it seems to affect few people, or it's not as big a problem so they are not giving a lot of attention to this one. :'(
Check EVE SPORECAST in Sporepedia for alien chicks!!!

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #43 on: July 06, 2009, 07:31:04 am »
Well it anoys the crap out of me.

Offline jiboxemo

• Atari Combat Vet
  • Notoriously stupid
    • View Profile
    • EVE SPORECAST
« Reply #44 on: July 06, 2009, 08:53:11 am »
Well it anoys the crap out of me.

Yes, me too.

You all. Whatever you have this problem please share your pain. It is so cold and lonely in here...
Check EVE SPORECAST in Sporepedia for alien chicks!!!