Author Topic: GA Problems!  (Read 19962 times)

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
GA Problems!
« on: June 23, 2009, 04:10:39 pm »
After all that trouble of fixing my Spore by reinstalling, I finally installed Galactic Adventures. And when I start playing adventures, what do I get? THE GAME CRASHES!!!  >:(

Can anybody help?

Ichthyostega

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
Re: GA Problems!
« Reply #1 on: June 23, 2009, 04:12:48 pm »
Do you have Vista? If so, go to Games, and then click on Spore Galactic Adventures, not Spore. Worked for me.

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #2 on: June 23, 2009, 04:18:32 pm »
I have XP, not Vista.

The game itself works fine. But when I get to playing an adventure, just as the loading screen appears, the game crashes.

If this keeps up, then I'm going to stop buying Spore products in the future.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2009, 04:20:19 pm by Ichthyostega »
Ichthyostega

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #3 on: June 25, 2009, 12:51:56 am »
I'll now approach this with a cooler head.

While installing Galactic Adventures, my computer got that blue screen of death, so I am forced to start the installation process all over again. Now when I play the game, it's all messed up, with the exception of the Captain Outfitter. It won't let me play adventures (it crashes), it won't let me place a captain in the Adventure Creator (messed up), and it crashes when a load a preset planet texture. It's all fubar.

I'll reckon an reinstallation would work, but I am NOT going through that trouble of reinstalling all of Spore again! Can I reinstall just Galactic Adventures, without going through that risky registry editing?
Ichthyostega

Offline Spartan King 95

• Omega Racer
  • Sevven Slacuo
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 25, 2009, 02:06:48 pm »
Well. When I was playing spore, the day before I got GA, spore crashed. I just turned off the computer for a couple days and boom! Back to normal.
You can probably find me, if you have pesterchum, under burningOrigins or cantankerousZealot.

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 25, 2009, 09:01:29 pm »
im having trouble in the editor. I cant figure out how to use the advanced programing things available in maxis made maps.

for instance, on a maxis made adventures, their is a button on some of the creatures called "advanced settings", but you dont seem to have access to this button on costom made maps

for a game about creativity and openess, why is it we cant use half the things the developers can?
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 09:06:08 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

Offline Raz

• Questron Serf
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 25, 2009, 09:04:01 pm »
Because spore is built for ze kiddies?

gec05

« Reply #7 on: June 25, 2009, 09:50:40 pm »
im having trouble in the editor. I cant figure out how to use the advanced programing things available in maxis made maps.

for instance, on a maxis made adventures, their is a button on some of the creatures called "advanced settings", but you dont seem to have access to this button on costom made maps

for a game about creativity and openess, why is it we cant use half the things the developers can?

Have you tried double clicking them?

Offline Crazen

• Space Ace
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 25, 2009, 10:04:16 pm »
how would that help? it just gives me the same menu option I normaly get.

what I mean is, when you select behavior, one of the options is, 'advanced'. its right next to aggresive, but its only their once in a while for some reason, and only on some of the maxis maps
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:12:25 pm by Crazen »
Quote from: SimplyNecro
No capitalization......

Crazen!

gec05

« Reply #9 on: June 25, 2009, 10:08:35 pm »
I wasn't sure that you meant the "Ying-Yang" button. Yeah, that seems to be missing. I needed that too. >:(

EDIT: AH-HA! I figured it out. Control+Click any of the standard behaviors to make the advanced options appear.

Now if only I can figure out how they lift certain vehicles into the air.
« Last Edit: June 25, 2009, 10:24:41 pm by Gec »

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #10 on: June 26, 2009, 03:23:53 am »
Nevermind, I finally got it to work through a simple reinstall! Yay!  ;D Apologies to Maxis for that little outburtst.
Ichthyostega

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
More Spore Problems :D
« Reply #11 on: June 26, 2009, 06:07:14 am »
Well, I recently got Spore working again!

When I checked the Sporepedia I saw that almost all of my creatures have white boxes for thumbnails. When I click beneath the thumbnail for a summary, all i get is an error saying something along the lines of "There was an error connecting to the Spore servers". When I try to edit my creature it just pops me into the creature creator with the default "blobs", no creature.

If anyone knows how to help, I would appreciate it, I would hate losing 90% of my creations.

Never mind, After a while of file modifying I was finally able to get it back into shape.
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 12:51:27 pm by Skyward »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Reported bugs with Galactic Adventures
« Reply #12 on: June 26, 2009, 08:23:11 am »
while i've been playing today I've noticed a few bugs with GA and I think we should have a Thread so that Maxis can see it and see what problems people are having.

Bugs:
1. After placing or editing a creature in the game world in Adventure Editor then zooming out the creature stays selected and will not deselect. The work around this is to select another object. But deselecting by clicking the ground will not work.

Needed:
1. The help section (?) does not have any help for actions or teqniques for Galactic Adventures.
2. More detailed discriptions for buttons.
3. more scriptable (programable) actions availible for quest targets.

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
Re: More Spore Problems :D
« Reply #13 on: June 26, 2009, 08:26:03 am »
"There was an error connecting to the Spore servers" means that the Spore servers are screwing them selves.

I get "There was an error connecting to the Spore servers" on creatures that have been deleted from the servers.

Offline Skyward

• Ballblazer Plasmorb
    • View Profile
Re: More Spore Problems :D
« Reply #14 on: June 26, 2009, 10:02:12 am »
But did you have this white box issue?

I was able to get a picture of it:
« Last Edit: June 26, 2009, 10:33:34 am by Skyward »
Hell, Skyward Descent is pure win!
Quote from: Captain
I kill you in the name of DELICIOUS!