Author Topic: Workers unhappy?  (Read 4512 times)

Offline justan

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
Workers unhappy?
« on: June 19, 2009, 03:58:13 pm »
Im stuck here...I just started the space stage. Now my home planet has a "crisis". My workers are "unhappy" and I need to add entertainment buildings. So I went to all the cities and added more entertainment and I'm sill in a crisis and I cant do anymore missions until I finish this one. Whats up with that? What can I do?

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
Re: Workers unhappy?
« Reply #1 on: June 19, 2009, 04:02:57 pm »
In each city, you need to at least remove all the red faces and make green faces or no faces at all. Another way to do it is to remove ALL buildings from the city and make it so that the entertainment building are as far as at least 1 city block from a factory. Hope this helped.  ;)

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 19, 2009, 06:36:06 pm »
Justan, you need to increase the overall happiness of the cities; throwing enternainment buildings in there won't fix it. I find the best way to do this is start all over. Clear out all the buildings in your city (you'll recoup some of the cost), and start with a single house. Then add entertainment and factories as needed. Just make sure you have green happy faces instead of red sad ones and you'll be fine.

I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

Offline justan

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #3 on: June 19, 2009, 06:52:13 pm »
Thanks guys! I did what you said hours ago and have gotten a good start in the space stage. Thanks again!

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 19, 2009, 11:53:06 pm »
It baffles me how you managed to register here in the first place, when you couldn't work this out...

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: June 20, 2009, 08:13:45 am »
Justan, did you use either? Mine or beast's?

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 20, 2009, 11:34:49 am »
Also, Justan, here's a little tip that helped me immensely in the Space stage: As soon as you finish the Civ stage, don't hurry into Space. Capture all the spice geysers, and build all the turrets and buildings your cities can accommodate. Buildings (and turrets) are much less expensive in the Civ Stage.

While Civ Stage turrets are inferior to Space turrets, you can use these as a sort of holdover until you really start raking in the cash.
I think fish drown when they are knocked unconscious or pierced through the lung.

Offline justan

• Atari Combat Vet
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 20, 2009, 03:07:21 pm »
Jeeze Uroboros, no need to be a dick. Im new to spore and have had it for a few days and just had a simple question. Forums are for help. So maybe instead of running your mouth, help out. Or even better, dont say anything!

And I used pies method.

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 20, 2009, 05:46:00 pm »
I think anyone with average intelligence could figure out how to make them happy. Not trying to be rude, but couldn't you have just spent five minutes figuring that out rather than registering on a forum and asking a simple question that most people will ridicule you for?
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

Offline pie

• Wolfenstein Wunderkind
    • View Profile
« Reply #9 on: June 20, 2009, 06:01:29 pm »
He joined '08.

Offline Grangan

• Q*Bert Qrazy
  • We're all mad here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 20, 2009, 06:14:03 pm »
Let the corporations deal with the workers.  Laissez faire.
Twas Brillig and the slithy toves did gyre and gimble in the wabe, all mimsy were the borogoves and the mome raths outgrabe.

Offline Beastosaurus

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • Heeeeeeeeres Beasty!
    • View Profile
« Reply #11 on: June 20, 2009, 07:12:52 pm »
Or he could've just read the manual, assuming his copy isn't pirated...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-Xfqkdh5Js4

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #12 on: June 20, 2009, 08:20:22 pm »
Im new to spore and have had it for a few days and just had a simple question.
The cities have three buildings you can place.
Three.
Four, if you are confused what the turrets are.
You get meters with red frowny faces or green smiley faces, corresponding to the coloured lines that link buildings.
I'm not running my mouth, i'm giving you a reality check. You made this thread, along with a second one which asked if cracked copies of spore can run GA.

Offline Beatnuki

• Scramble Skipper
  • Wilco Hex, reporting for duty!
    • View Profile
    • Beatnuki's Chunk of Funk (which seemed like a good idea at the time)
« Reply #13 on: June 21, 2009, 05:38:45 am »
I remember when talking about Spore was encouraged in these forums, rather than sniping at people for not knowing stu--oh, wait, that was encouraged too.
If you peruse my things, you get POINTS!
http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Beatnuki

Only trouble is, they're Whose Line Is It Anyway points, which are infamously not worth anything.