Author Topic: BetterSpore Milestone: 10,000 downloads - Parts Pack on its way  (Read 5228 times)

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
It is been 3 months since the stunning release of BetterSpore 1.5. Since the 14th of March, there has been over 10,000 downloads from our official server, and up to 20,000 from across the internet, making BetterSpore the most popular mod for Spore. It has been featured in magazines, and we even had Maxis talking to us about how we balanced the gameplay (I can't really say to much more about that though :) )

Check out Sporedum for information about the Parts pack and what is to come in BetterSpore 1.6!

« Last Edit: June 01, 2009, 09:47:34 pm by FutureFilms »

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
Re: BetterSpore Milestone: 10,000 downloads - Parts Pack on its way
« Reply #1 on: June 01, 2009, 11:47:57 pm »
OH EM GEE! :o

You guys truly are the best! ;D :) Kudos to you guys for being featured in magazines and even contacted directly by Maxis on your modding ventures. :)

Hope you have a smooth ride adapting it to GA. Maybe Maxis can help you guys a bit with sorting some things out. :)

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2009, 12:05:22 am »

You guys truly are the best! ;D :) Kudos to you guys for being featured in magazines and even contacted directly by Maxis on your modding ventures. :)

Hope you have a smooth ride adapting it to GA. Maybe Maxis can help you guys a bit with sorting some things out. :)

They probably don't need to help us to much with that, but they have been very quick in giving assistance when asked, they definitely like what the modding community has done ;D

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2009, 01:45:56 am »
The Spore Modding community really brings people back to the time when SC4 vanilla first came out. :) SC4 vanilla in itself wasn't quite as expected for a successor to SC3000, but boy did the modding community turn that notion around, especially with the NAM. ;) And let's not forget about the BATs. 8)

I have hope the same will be achieved in Spore. :) A few years from now, with all the collected creations of designers, modders and users alike, Spore will most definitely gain that very cozy feeling every time a SC player opens Simtrop's STEX, or any other SC database spread across the vastness of the interwebs.

There are also some Spore Creators that are slowly shaping up to be parallels of SC's BATers. ;D

Awesome. :)

Offline Uroboros

• Duck Hunter
  • Am I awake?
    • View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 02, 2009, 07:28:53 am »
Although I have grumbled about your posting habits before, about the new topic for nearly everything... I do have to admit your little cluster of modders do deserve credit for bolstering the Spore modding scene. I'd download and try the new Betterspore once it comes out, but now I just got all my 'my creations' back into place, i'd rather not jinx my current working setup with mods. Still, congrats on the milestone!
*blows a little party hooter*

Offline 0d1n3oo3Broad

• Asteroids Aficionado
  • SPORE ON! Walium go!
    • View Profile
    • My Youtube-Channel
« Reply #5 on: June 24, 2009, 01:12:53 pm »
Can i use Better Spore 1.5.1 with the new Patch 1.04?
~~#SPORE#~~ :D ~~#SPORE#~~ :D
~~#SPORE is ON#~~ :D :D
~~#EXCELENT#~~ :D
Visit my Profile: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mechanikus

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #6 on: June 24, 2009, 02:34:59 pm »
I guess i have to check this out. If they just could patch my regular spore first so it would be stable. After the second patch the game stopped working as it should :(
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline FutureFilms

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #7 on: June 24, 2009, 11:59:54 pm »
Can i use Better Spore 1.5.1 with the new Patch 1.04?

No mods work with the new patch, so it won't do anything anyway, and no one has tried it with GA yet (which requires a different place to install mods, as can be found over at the how to install mods page at sporedum).

I'm going on a 2 week trip to PNG this saturday, after that i should be able to get a GA version of BS with the new 1.6 elements out.

BL

Offline DaMuncha

• Lode Runner
  • GREAT SCOTTS!
    • View Profile
« Reply #8 on: June 28, 2009, 06:50:17 pm »
Thats good news. cause the only thing that works is the tools addon for space phase.