Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 718872 times)

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #2565 on: September 28, 2009, 11:37:02 am »
I love the Nauceans! They are so intricate and well... just so awesome!
Oh by the way, how do you do the whole table of contents thing? I don't know how to do it...   :-\
"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
  • Quotes sigged: 2
    • View Profile
« Reply #2566 on: September 28, 2009, 02:47:04 pm »
Do. Not. Necro. Topics.
Do not bring them back from the dead.
Everybody will hate you for it.
A word of warning.
I came, I saw, I went back to bed.

gec05

« Reply #2567 on: September 28, 2009, 03:54:09 pm »
Spudman made a dignified comment.

This is OK. It's like paying respects to someone's gravestone. There have been countless others before who would visit this thread for all the cool stuff Hydro did.

Offline Kitkat

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Beep Boop.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2568 on: September 28, 2009, 04:12:35 pm »
The Nauceans were the ones that first introduced me to the spore section of gamingsteve, and gamingsteve itself.
Goddamnit kitkat, you make me look late
Come check out The Bino and The Ni'Calls
(Or don't these are old and embarrasing)

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2569 on: September 28, 2009, 05:12:52 pm »
Very good points. Hydro does deserve great respect for the Nauceans, and I feel stupid for not realizing this fully until now. However, if Spudman does this to other topics people will insult him and such, so just for future reference.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2570 on: September 28, 2009, 10:17:32 pm »
I love the Nauceans! They are so intricate and well... just so awesome!
Oh by the way, how do you do the whole table of contents thing? I don't know how to do it...   :-\

Thanks! And I make the table of contents by using hyperlinks to each post.

Here is the code  ...

Code: [Select]
[url=http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=1621.msg740017#msg740017]Spudman's Post[/url]
for this ...

Spudman's Post

See easy as pie! :D

Do. Not. Necro. Topics.
Do not bring them back from the dead.
Everybody will hate you for it.
A word of warning.

Lay off. If people want to give comments, say thanks or ask questions, let them.

Spudman made a dignified comment.

This is OK. It's like paying respects to someone's gravestone. There have been countless others before who would visit this thread for all the cool stuff Hydro did.

Thanks Gec.

The Nauceans were the ones that first introduced me to the spore section of gamingsteve, and gamingsteve itself.

Awesome! BTW i believe it was the Nauceans who were the 1st specifically Spore fan creature made. Before that it was just random drawings people would make, but not entire topics dedicated to a Spore inspired creature.

Very good points. Hydro does deserve great respect for the Nauceans, and I feel stupid for not realizing this fully until now. However, if Spudman does this to other topics people will insult him and such, so just for future reference.

Thanks for coming around. While many were inspired by the Nauceans I was inspired by the Kazea back in the day. Also the Torpals, ViS and other well known races. But mostly the Kazea because Huggs would post unique and original posts about the Kazea. In short if i could not pick my own creation then i would have to pick the Kazea as my favorite Spore species.
« Last Edit: September 28, 2009, 10:26:10 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline UFO King

• Dirk the Daring
    • View Profile
« Reply #2571 on: September 28, 2009, 10:22:52 pm »
Hydro, I don't think you read my next post.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2572 on: September 28, 2009, 10:23:25 pm »
Hydro, I don't think you read my next post.

I was getting to it. Read my edited post.

gec05

« Reply #2573 on: September 28, 2009, 10:30:53 pm »
You know what Hydro, you should have a plushie or a vinyl figure made of the Naucean.

Post the design here, get enough votes for it. Or you can maybe see if they can make just one for you instead of getting people to want to buy it.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2574 on: September 28, 2009, 10:35:56 pm »
You know what Hydro, you should have a plushie or a vinyl figure made of the Naucean.

Post the design here, get enough votes for it. Or you can maybe see if they can make just one for you instead of getting people to want to buy it.

Looks cool. I will look into it. In the mean time if anyone wants a Naucean t-shirt you can buy one here. I bought one when visiting Maxis for Spore Community Day before the game came out.

gec05

« Reply #2575 on: September 28, 2009, 10:37:27 pm »
How many of those you sold? :)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2576 on: September 28, 2009, 10:54:11 pm »
How many of those you sold? :)

Of the Nauceans, only the one I bought. :P But in the past I have gotten some money from the dinosaur t-shirts i made way back when. I really need to make some new shirt now that my art has improved.

Offline Grazony

• Simon Belmont
  • I am not spying on you.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2577 on: September 28, 2009, 11:06:34 pm »
I would have bought one. If I wasn't a cheapskate.

You'll never know why.
<_< \[ ◕O ◕]/ >_>
Son, I have seen some unbelievable things in my time, but I have never seen a Texan with a robotic chainsaw fist kill a gun-slinging dinosaur by punching it in the head. ~The Soldier

Offline Spudman

• Asteroids Aficionado
    • View Profile
    • ORBIT
« Reply #2578 on: September 29, 2009, 07:29:35 am »
Sorry guys for messing up earlier, but can someone please clarify what i did wrong? I don't understand how complimenting something that i find inspiring could be taken as an insult. I don't understand...

Oh, thanks for telling me anyway. I'm sure i'm being a lil' stupid, but yeah...
Thanks for the help Hydro!
"You will all suffer my sins, your oceans of blood will soothe my body and purify of it or this world which I have been born into. Your souls will merge with mine, your pain and fear and despair will drive my crusade!"

gec05

« Reply #2579 on: September 29, 2009, 09:07:22 am »
You did nothing wrong Spudman. UFO King is just grumpy. :)