Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 718092 times)

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #390 on: February 16, 2006, 08:00:28 am »
I think its really frustrating to be an embryo, he has no room at all :P. How does he come out the egg?

the same way birds and reptiles do I guess.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #391 on: February 16, 2006, 08:19:47 am »
On spore wiki, Hydro states the lifespan at being about 60 years...but is that Naucean years or earth years ???
Under construction

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #392 on: February 16, 2006, 08:34:28 am »
Aaaw... too cute!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #393 on: February 16, 2006, 02:14:57 pm »
I think its really frustrating to be an embryo, he has no room at all :P. How does he come out the egg?
I don't know if this is mentioned before; but how old can a Naucean become?

I have posted it before but i will post again my Naucean General Stats.

Name: Naucean

Type: Warm-blooded Bipedal Marine Vertebrate

Lifestyle: Social Omnivore

Habitat: Mangrove-like Wetlands

Size: 10 to 12ft long (females), 8 to 10 ft long (males)

Weight: 300 to 400 lbs (females), 200 to 300 lbs (males)

Diet: Small aquatic creatures, small terrestrial creatures, fruits, seeds, leaves, roots, eggs

Hunt/Forage Success Rate: 50% hunt, 75% forage

Armor: Skin is weak so they make padded armor out of fibers for protection.

Defenses: Strong tail with fluke as well as strong kicking legs. oral tentacles do not hurt but can pull a target into its very sharp beak. Weapons: No real natural weapons but Bronze Age in technology.

Tools: 2 hand on 2 of the 6 tentacles. Each with 2 fingers and 2 thumbs (one on either side of the hand).

Method of Eating: Grab with tentacles and bring to beak to slice. Then into the gizzard to be ground up then digested and finally out the anus on the opposite end.

Lifespan: About 60 years

Reproductive Rate: Reaches sexual maturity at 12 years. Can reproduce at any time of the year.

Gestation: 6 months then lays egg.

Offspring incubation: 6 months until egg hatches after being laid.

Number of Offspring: 1 to 4

Offspring Survival Rate (before age of maturity): 90% they are raised in a family group and everyone helps raise the babies.

On spore wiki, Hydro states the lifespan at being about 60 years...but is that Naucean years or earth years ???

Earth years. Which is not that much off from Naucean years. Think of the Naucean planet like Mars orbit.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:17:48 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #394 on: February 16, 2006, 02:35:18 pm »
you really have skill with the drawing and the designing Hydro. you're an inspiration! Your site is very useful aswell! thank you!  ;D

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #395 on: February 16, 2006, 07:54:05 pm »

Here is a River Flowit. They are the pets of the Nauceans. They are from a carnivorous family known as the "tentacle tooth". Like most land creatures on the planet they all came from creature which had oral tentacles and a beak within a pseudo mandible. These tentacle teeth evolved their tentacles to act like 6 sharp teeth within the pseudo mandible and of course still have the sharp beak that leads to the real mouth.

River flowits are domesticated and originated from the ocean flowits which lived like Earth's sea otters. The Ocean tribe were first to domesticated them and they were used for getting into hard spots in coral reefs and under water rocky holes. Like the Nauceans they are amphibious. The river tribe uses them not only for the water hunting for for land hunting. They can go just as well in animal burrows and can climb trees very well. Their sense of smell is amazing due to breeding. They also have sensitive whiskers in which it can use to detect movement even in the dark and underwater.

River Flowits have also been bred for herding livestock as well as bred as house hold pets. They can herd the pig and chicken-like stock just as well in the water as on land (see food image).
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:24:29 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #396 on: February 16, 2006, 08:54:44 pm »
oh they're so cute! ;D
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #397 on: February 16, 2006, 09:24:59 pm »
those pets look really nice hydro man...
similar to otters
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #398 on: February 16, 2006, 09:30:49 pm »

This is a typical Naucean river Tribe Citizen during the Modern Age. They have discovered radio and plastics. You can see that it is wearing a walkman radio on his head and are wearing neon style clothing, which is the current fad. Traditional metal tail rings have been replaced with neon plastic ones. Also the floots are plastic with zippers rather than the traditional laces. The only thing that has not changed is the neck poncho which shows off the national colors. These are pass down generation to genration and are very special to the Nauceans. They take great pride in their neck ponchos. And they can only be given by an older family member to a younger one. Most are hand made.

Also in the picture is the domesticated pet known as the River Flowit. They are like Earth's otters and during this time are mainly used as pets and in law enforcement. Some farms still use them for herding live stock or for sport hunting but other than that they are mainly used as companion animals. They are very smart and can be go on land, in the water, in the trees and even underground. They come in diffrent breeds such as the desert which are adapted to the sand, or the mountain which are very pudgy and have a thick layer of bubbler on them as well as the very agile jungle who is one of the best climbing breeds.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:24:48 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #399 on: February 16, 2006, 09:36:46 pm »
very 70's, next thing you know they'll have Afro's and Disco

really want to see what they use to get around land wise
our the highly developed boats they have

really like the Flowit, kind of looks like it has branching limbs with webbing between them

i also like how you've managed to include elements of past ages in their present, the hand made pouches and floots
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #400 on: February 16, 2006, 09:47:00 pm »
i really like the plastic incorporated into clothing on their tails and floots, do they come in different colours or are they all green?  Very good job hydro.  I wonder what music he is listening to???
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #401 on: February 16, 2006, 09:52:11 pm »
i really like the plastic incorporated into clothing on their tails and floots, do they come in different colours or are they all green?  Very good job hydro.  I wonder what music he is listening to???

They come in diffrent colors as you can se from the lesh (yellow). its just I like green and blue and i woulds supose the River tribe would too sicne thsoe are its National colors.

And to Golgrid, its a PONCHO not a "pouch".

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #402 on: February 16, 2006, 09:53:06 pm »
Doesn't look that 70's, that guy (the Naucean) could fit pretty well on the beach scene in San Diego or Miami in the 90s.
« Last Edit: February 16, 2006, 10:00:05 pm by smjjames »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #403 on: February 16, 2006, 10:38:18 pm »
I love that guy! Everything from the zippers on the fleet to the headset that actually is a radio and the neon leach... very cool!

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #404 on: February 16, 2006, 10:43:55 pm »
maybe he is listening to Naucean hip hop n rap...

edit, removed because it offended some people for some reason
« Last Edit: February 17, 2006, 05:28:47 am by Lambsquirter »
Under construction