Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 719250 times)

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #375 on: February 12, 2006, 02:55:29 am »
I'd love to see that Hydromany pool brought to life. So eerie, with a huge room filled with glowing water... It's very poetic. I like the Lystrophant as well, but the pool was much more beautiful.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #376 on: February 12, 2006, 08:11:23 pm »

Here is the Digital Age city of Glowing River, the River Tribes capital city. These are just a section of the types of buildings in the city. This is also the home of the Great Hydromancy Pool, which was reconstructed after the Atomic Age and the fall out. Durring this time it was a powerhouse of culture, economics and freedom now that Slavery was over. The Cave tribe during this time was also thriving and brough many new ideas to all the tribes. Infact they developed the computers in which allowed for such modern cities as this and the capability for the biotech age which eventually backfired...
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:16:19 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline operaghost21

• Rush'n Attacker
    • View Profile
« Reply #377 on: February 12, 2006, 08:26:53 pm »
reminds me of something...not quite sure what, but oh well...

very excellant though...I like how there are still some trees and grass, they didn't clear everything out...
"You hate people!"
"But I love gatherings. Isn't that ironic?"
~Clerks
Quote from: Kaizer
THINGS TO DO:
Get quoted to a sig [ ]

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #378 on: February 12, 2006, 08:34:53 pm »
so Hydro, you may have said it already but what do Nauceans want out of the universe. like what is the goal they are trying to reach? Are they like the Tau and are trying to enlighten other races or do they seek to further themselves only? I sure would like to see what would happen if the Naucean met the Gracken.
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline GrrrArrgh

• Venture Conqueror
    • View Profile
« Reply #379 on: February 12, 2006, 09:22:51 pm »
so Hydro, you may have said it already but what do Nauceans want out of the universe. like what is the goal they are trying to reach? Are they like the Tau and are trying to enlighten other races or do they seek to further themselves only? I sure would like to see what would happen if the Naucean met the Gracken.

Hmmm, interesting notion. Is the next generation of creature threads going to be a bunch of "what if" scenarios of people's creatures encountering each other?
There is a method to my madness. That method is in and of itself quite mad, but it is method nonetheless.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #380 on: February 12, 2006, 09:34:02 pm »

I have mentioned before that he Nauceans are the best Geneticists in the galaxy. They have moved beyond most conflicts but will defend themselves if necessary. All they really want to do is discover and catalog new species as well as create many of their own and create zoo planets. As seen with the Kazea, they will leave lower sentient creatures alone but probe and catalog the other non sentant creatures on the planet.

In short basically all my other creatures posted were created by the Nauceans on one of their many zoo planets.
« Last Edit: February 12, 2006, 09:35:49 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #381 on: February 12, 2006, 10:31:40 pm »
i like the spherical towers, they look very unearth like which is an original concept..also the lystrophant walking towers are excellent too, did u get inspiration from Lord of the Rings, Return of the King.. ;)
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #382 on: February 12, 2006, 10:59:58 pm »
i like the spherical towers, they look very unearth like which is an original concept..also the lystrophant walking towers are excellent too, did u get inspiration from Lord of the Rings, Return of the King.. ;)

Yes and Hannibal's (not the cannibal) War Elephants.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #383 on: February 12, 2006, 11:01:22 pm »
Can we see the Naucean's First Contact with sentient extraterrestrial life?
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #384 on: February 12, 2006, 11:38:15 pm »
Can we see the Naucean's First Contact with sentient extraterrestrial life?

Sure if one of the other people want to do that. I don't really want to make up a whole other cuture just to meet.

Offline ChaoticCreature

• Akalabeth Addict
  • Without chaos, Nothing can evolve
    • View Profile
« Reply #385 on: February 13, 2006, 02:41:59 am »
I love the Naucean Skeleton picture:D. very cool:) and the naucean babies in that nest is pretty cute;). well all of it is very nice:D I cant even start to imagine how you keep going like that:P its pretty massive:). Keep it up:)

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #386 on: February 13, 2006, 06:51:59 pm »
lets have the Nauceans meet the Grackens.

In short Naucean fryage! ;D

just kidding, I doubt Grackens would be so unthinking, they'd probably just try to convert Nauceans to the Trigyn (read my wiki!)
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #387 on: February 16, 2006, 04:58:03 am »

Like Hugg's picture of the Kazea live cycle thing i though i should do my own.

As you can see the Naucean lays eggs. They build a large mound on the beach or river bank. during modern times they would create a nesting building. Naucean reach sexual maturity at 12 years. Can reproduce at any time of the year. They are pregnant for 6 months then lays egg in the nest. After that the egg is incubated for 6 months until egg hatches. They lay 1 to 4 egg per clutch. And the infants are taken care of by the elderly Nauceans. They are fed by the parents and do have close attachments with them. However the parents are usually out hunting, gathering or working so it is the role of the older nauceans to care for them.

Naucean babies are born with huge heads and big floots. They usually walk in a tripod manner using their tail as a 3rd foot. They do not start walking until around the 2 year and are suck in the nest peeping for food and kept warm by the older Nauceans. Nauceans learn to speak around the same time as walking but do not master their oral tentacles until around 5 years of age. And even then its a continuing learning cycles for the rest of their lives. Not all Nauceans make it to maturity. But as the ages get better the sauces rate of this improves significantly.

Nauceans are natural born swimmers and do not need to be taught. This is because of their recent ancestors living in the ocean. The ocean tribe learn to walk too but only for such things as surface firepits and nesting. Thus they do not learn to walk until much later in life.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:16:59 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #388 on: February 16, 2006, 06:10:10 am »
the baby Naucean is really cute...awwww
just like human babies, they are born with a large head and eyes...good work hydro
Under construction

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #389 on: February 16, 2006, 07:57:10 am »
I think its really frustrating to be an embryo, he has no room at all :P. How does he come out the egg?
I don't know if this is mentioned before; but how old can a Naucean become?
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.