Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 733525 times)

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #360 on: February 09, 2006, 05:36:27 am »
very cool! question: Did the Nauceans ever have a cultural reneseince like earth did where for instance the religion was discredited or somthing of the like?

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #361 on: February 09, 2006, 08:11:07 am »
very cool looking high priestess :) somehow it has alittle bit of Naboo in it, but that could just be me.

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #362 on: February 09, 2006, 08:37:48 am »
question Hydro,

how do you create all these drawings and sites? I think hes has special magic powers hes keeping from us!!! :o :)
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #363 on: February 09, 2006, 09:14:29 am »
question Hydro,

how do you create all these drawings and sites? I think hes has special magic powers hes keeping from us!!!

He is a ALIEN himself :o.

I am curious about that to.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #364 on: February 09, 2006, 03:05:10 pm »
question Hydro,

how do you create all these drawings and sites? I think hes has special magic powers hes keeping from us!!! :o :)

Wjay do you mean sites? Like my website? Well back when i was all into Neverwinternights i worked on a project called Maztica and helped with the website there. The guy who hosted it from his computer liked it so much he offrere me a personal site. But I never used it until i saw Spore. Then i wanted to make a site that showed off my creatures. Eventually he sugested it become a gallery site for all. And i asked "can you dod that?" and he said shure and chnaged it around for me and has been exited about Spore too ever sicne.

Roads of Maztica
http://rom.rpgs.sytes.net/

Now as for the drawings i first must say i orgainally wanted to be a zoologyst as a kid so i am a complte bio nerd also i had an interest in ancent civilization as a teenager. Also due to my horrific math i found out it was unlikely i could become a zoologist becuse its everything that a doctor is but for animals. So i chose my next passion art, but i was not sure what, but as i got more and more interested in 3D and picked up lame programs and eventually saved up for good ones and then started haking games like the Sims, Dungeon Sieg and Neverwinter with my 3D models and found out that doing 3D movies is fun but doing 3D games  would be better. So i cahnged my major from "3D Animation" to "Game Art And Design" every sicne. Luckly i was already on the right track with the 3D Aniamtion that i did not waist too many lcasses but it has left me in schoollonger for changing.

In short i have lways wanted to make up my own world for a video game but never knew exactly how it could be done. So the resech into civilzation and ecoystems and stuf have really helped me make the Nauceans because i already have a head start of what real life version existed on Earth. Oh and as well as all the resech into Mexo-American civilizations like the Aztec, Mayan, Inca, and South Western Indians from working on Maztica.

I hope that answers your question.
« Last Edit: February 09, 2006, 03:07:27 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline MorgothTheEnemy

• Revenging Yar
  • I will find the ring...and eat it FOR THE EMPEROR!
    • View Profile
« Reply #365 on: February 09, 2006, 05:23:08 pm »

/---------------------------------------------------l   
                     ///////////////////////////////////////// l               Smokinnnnnn   :)
                      ////////-------/----------------------------------l
                      ////////  (   /
                      ////////..../
                      ////////
                      ////////
                      ////////
                      ////////
                      ////////
Ash Nazg Durbatuluk,
Ash Nazg Gimbatul,
Ash Nazg Thrakatuluk,
Ag Burzum-Ishi Krimpatul!!!

"Then his neighbors looked good, so I gobbled them up too."
                                                                             -762
http://redwing.hutman.net/~mreed/index.htm

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
  • Don't play with your food
    • View Profile
« Reply #366 on: February 11, 2006, 12:14:14 am »
Hey Hydro, u should publish a book of the aliens you draw and cultures along with it...similar to Dougal dixon or WDB ..
thats what i want to do ...lol
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #367 on: February 11, 2006, 01:07:42 am »
Hey Hydro, u should publish a book of the aliens you draw and cultures along with it...similar to Dougal dixon or WDB ..
thats what i want to do ...lol

I was acually thinking about making an e-book of it. :D

But for now i just have it here, Spore Planet, Planet Spore and on SporeWiki. The spore Wiki is probbly the most in order like a book i have.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #368 on: February 11, 2006, 02:20:21 am »

Here is a Naucean Digital Age Beetlecraft. Like Earth's beetle its wings unfold from a shelled cover. Like most Naucean design it is based around spheres. It is equipped with 3 guns (1 in front and 2 in the back) it also can drop smart bombs from the bottom hatch. You enter the air craft from the back and in case of a crash a naucean will be shot out the back and saved by their parachutes. There is only room for one naucean per craft but it has the state of the art computer equipment. The wing themself can fold up and are from an advanced polymer that can fold as well as keep a shape. It is very light weight, and has to be because of the amount of fuel it need to carry in it round haul. In the very back under the 2 back guns is a rocket booster in which they use when they want to go very fast. But it is really used. The Beetle craft is also a golder and if it ever ran out of fuel could be flown like a glider. This is one trick. It can fly up to soaring heights and just glider then used the wings to go fast or the rocket to got very fast. Bettlecrafts can also over in place like a hummingbird and can use vertical take off if needed. But normally it takes off like any Earth aircraft on its 3 wheels (2 on the front and 1 on the back.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:14:36 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #369 on: February 11, 2006, 05:35:37 am »
Jay flapping wings! I love that!  ;D
Even though it's not very effective(at least not with modern materials) inspiration has always been taken from nature, so it's quite logical. Also, it looks a lot cooler with flapping wings. It reminds me of Howl's Moving Castle(great movie).

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #370 on: February 11, 2006, 06:37:58 pm »
I was acually thinking about making an e-book of it. :D

If you make a book, I will buy it.  :)
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #371 on: February 11, 2006, 07:37:54 pm »
very interesting hydro...i like how they base the culture around spheres...
yes, if u publish a book, i would too buy it...where would one go to do such a thing
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #372 on: February 11, 2006, 09:40:11 pm »

Here is The Great Hydromancy Pool, one of the 8 wonders of the world. It was built in the River tribe empire during the Renaissance. It is made of gold and glass and is the shape of a sphere. Which is suppose to be the perfect shape. It is not only filled with water but it contrains tiny glowing bacteria who at night glow (as seen in the picture). The sphere acts as a greenhouse for them and the water is recycled using pumps. The power for the pumps is ironically a river close by in which they originally got the water and the bacteria from. The river is known as the glowing river, because of these creatures. On the top of the dome is Nauceanica the Creator Goddess in her famous pose in which she holds both stars, both moons and good and evil all in balance in her oral tentacles. The dome is held up by 16 side pillars and one central pillar. The walkway goes to the exact center of the sphere and the water falls though a hole in the center of that. The high Priest will either bathe in the waterfall to get inspiration of look on either side and look into his reflection or a combination of both. Many Nauceans say that this has healing powers and on the "Nauceanica Day" Nauceans form miles around are allow to be healed of their aliments by bathing in the water dropped from above. Otherwise no one is allowed in except the High Priest. However the door is left open with a rope across so tourists can peak in one by one and leave offerings at the doorway.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:15:03 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Lambsquirter

• Megamania Megalomaniac
    • View Profile
« Reply #373 on: February 11, 2006, 09:44:14 pm »
wow, now that an amazing wonder of the world....i hope that u can create that in spore... :D
Under construction

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #374 on: February 12, 2006, 02:18:47 am »

Up until the Industrial Age the Lystrophant was used for work and warfare. This is a war lystrophant during the Renaissance Age, during this time they were the most armored. As you can see they are completely covered from trunk to tail with iron plating as well as chainmail under it. The tentacle "tusks" have sharp points on them for goring and the 2 "trunks" have spiked maces on them. The nostrils and eyes were covered with a grade for protection and they were guided with leather reins in which connected on the "tusks" on up to the spherical archer's nest. This nest could hold up to 4 nauceans (one controlling the lystropant and 3 archers). The archer's nest has 3 windows and one door on top in which to get in. This was firmly planted on the back and was high enough to see pretty much the whole battle. They were practically walking towers with a nasty front end which would pummel and gore its opponents. They moved slow but was a power house. Thai only weakness was their stomach in which if an enemy could get under without being tramples could stab them in the heart thus taking down the whole creature. It was not until futher advances in gunpowder and the tank that these creatures became obsolete in battle.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 11:15:59 pm by Hydromancerx »