Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 732649 times)

Offline Borogove

• Venture Conqueror
  • mimsy: adj. - flimsy and miserable :(
    • View Profile
    • Meyermike.com
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #270 on: January 28, 2006, 07:30:25 pm »
Well, Earth rocks aren't typically all one element or compound for that matter...and there are waaaay more compounds than there are elements.  There's lots of possibilities, but since I'm no chemist/geologist I'd have probably just gone with Earth stuff too :)

Could do different distributions tho.  Like maybe your planet has unusually high concentrations of heavier elements due to something weird during its formation and rocks are mostly lead, copper is nowhere to be found, uranium is everywhere, and habitats exist floating on pools of mercury.
Use those talents you have. You will make it. You will give joy to the world. Take this tip from nature: The woods would be a very silent place if no birds sang except those who sang best.
-- Bernard Meltzer

Check out my games:  http://www.meyermike.com

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #271 on: January 28, 2006, 07:33:37 pm »
would that be impossible/ improbable in nature/ or highly reactive "Explosive"
of course the whole life that can produce explosives thing would be pretty cool
then again who can say the range of possibility is as limited as we think
I'd like to see what range of habitation certain types of life could have particularly the extreme-phoebes
If Carbon based (CHON) life likes a certain range then other life systems could have widely differing needs
I hope we can change the pallet of Textures and colors for our life making them different:
Red stars with cold volcanic worlds and sulfuric life
Violet blue stars with life clinging to the myriad of tiny rocks in its orbit
i just hope the life properties of the whole steller zoo can be exploited not just our own terran worlds

awsome Borogove my thoughts exactly

"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #272 on: January 28, 2006, 10:43:20 pm »

Here is a River Tribe plantation owner in the new world with a Jungle Tribe slave. This is during the Industrial Age but slavery has been going on since the Imperial Age. As you can see this slave is picking the red fang berry shown before in the Naucean food list. These are extremely hard to pick because they berry has a poisonous stinger on the end. Sadly over worked Jungle Tribe slaves die all the time from this berry due to their small size. However their dexterous tentacles are small enough and carefull enough to avoid the stinger alot more than any of the larger Naucean races.

The Jungle Tribe have been shipped by the boat load but not all make it to the new world. Only the deepest Jungle tribes have escaped slavery. But slavery is not forever, for in the future there has been anti-slavery wars which eventually lead to freedom and equal right for all Nauceans.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:50:47 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #273 on: January 28, 2006, 11:16:42 pm »
Hydromancerx , I just view the Naucean Evolution Video and it rocks!  love your choice in music it gets my vote  ;D

these Naucean pictures have gotten even better, do you have any concepts for the future age?
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
« Reply #274 on: January 29, 2006, 12:34:50 am »
Also, there could be materials that are not on Earth due to maybe a mixing of elements making a different stone or mineral on other planets by maybe a climate change or such.

Well any planet will still have the same elements on the periodic table. I don't think we will find a new metal unless it is alien made.

I didn't mean new elements but, I meant new materials because fusion of some elements are unstable to be made on Earth, or they just never happened. Or maybe something like mercury on a cold planet could be used as currency, but here it's basically useless unless on thermometers, maybe even a vacummed steam can be worth something, or a liquid. Still, I can't believe there can only be those elements, I mean we (humans) don't know what the universe literally looks like, or any other sentient planet (if there are any).
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #275 on: January 29, 2006, 01:35:39 am »
Hydromancerx , I just view the Naucean Evolution Video and it rocks!  love your choice in music it gets my vote  ;D

these Naucean pictures have gotten even better, do you have any concepts for the future age?

Yes. but this will be the last age that follows human history. We had world wars 1 and 2. The anuceans do not have such a war yet. They will start their transtion into electronics and computers.

You will just have to stay tuned to find out ;)

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #276 on: January 29, 2006, 03:13:07 am »
Yes, but put a few together and you get... KNaO, Potassium Sodroxide! (which, due to its improbability would be very valuble, *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

I'm afraid thats chemically impossible, sorry.

Materials which would be brand new on every planet would be stuff like proteins and their equivalents. Scientists can synthesize quite a few but they still have to look for them in the wild before they can do that just because of the number of combinations.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #277 on: January 29, 2006, 11:07:41 am »
nice pic Hydro :) even though I feel sorry for the poor jungle tribe dude  :(

and yea the pics have gotten better Golgrig, technique improves with practice I guess.

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #278 on: January 29, 2006, 11:37:19 am »
Those nasty Nauceans... glad you're trying to go for your own twist of history, Hydro. After all, the probabilty that a certain Naucean assasinates a prince of the Desert Tribe isn't very big, and without Sarajevo, the world would have looked different. I'll stay tuned.

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #279 on: January 29, 2006, 11:45:07 am »
Yes, but put a few together and you get... KNaO, Potassium Sodroxide! (which, due to its improbability would be very valuble, *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*

How come?

(Oh, and dont BS me, I do know something about chemistry; NaOH)
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #280 on: January 29, 2006, 11:49:24 am »

How come?

(Oh, and dont BS me, I do know something about chemistry; NaOH)

and NaOH is sodium hydroxide? I know the Na is sodium and the OH stands for oxygen and Hydrogen respectively.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #281 on: January 29, 2006, 11:53:13 am »
Poor little Jungle Naucean, his head is bleeding. He will be dead before he can pick all the berries  :'(
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #282 on: January 29, 2006, 11:54:32 am »
Yes, so you get an OH group ion, and an Na ion

K(ONa) is the same, but with the H replaced with an Na, and the Na replaced with a K (and they are all in the same group, so I don't see why it wouldn't work)
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.

Offline Caltrop

• Defender Devotee
    • View Profile
« Reply #283 on: January 29, 2006, 12:02:14 pm »
Those nasty Nauceans... glad you're trying to go for your own twist of history, Hydro. After all, the probabilty that a certain Naucean assasinates a prince of the Desert Tribe isn't very big, and without Sarajevo, the world would have looked different. I'll stay tuned.

WWI would have occured with or without the assasination of Archduke Ferdinand.
Spore RPG: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2069.0

STRAWBERRYCLOCK IS KING OF THE PORTAL

Offline huggkruka

• Space Ace
  • Totally powers
    • View Profile
    • My Digitalart.org profile
« Reply #284 on: January 29, 2006, 12:40:29 pm »
Yes, but in a different way. I know ther were tension etc etc.