Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 719183 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #255 on: January 25, 2006, 11:48:26 pm »

Sorry this is out of order but this age goes between the Renaissance and Industrial Age of the River Tribe. This is the first time they traveled far  far east and discovered a new world. Un-like Earths there were no inhabitants but there were strange and exotic creatures as well as untamed landscapes. After the river tribe found it it became a race for land with the Grassland, Mountain and Desert tribes. By this time the Ocean, Swamp and Jungle Tribes are still to primitive and were used for slave labor by the other tribe. The only exception is the Cave tribe that used slaves for mining but did not have a navy to explore the New World.

This is a typical explorer with a compass in one tentacle and a flint-lock pistol in the other. This is more advance than the hand cannon but is not as advanced as the industrial revolver. Also you might notice that the armor is much lighter than the previous age for better movement and guns were getting better. Thus being slow would not help.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:43:50 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #256 on: January 26, 2006, 06:59:17 am »
the imperial age one looks largely based on the spanish conquistadors, pretty cool though :)

Also, is the feather in the helmet and later the felt hat a carryover from the renaiisance and the last of the knights so to say? that is, the last of those who wore a full body set of armor.

Offline Mangerman

• Tempest Top Dog
    • View Profile
« Reply #257 on: January 26, 2006, 07:33:19 am »
Wow, these are such great drawings :D. I just love the Renaissance River Tribe hand cannoneer.
A multitude of rulers is not a good thing. Let there be one ruler, one king.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #258 on: January 26, 2006, 03:29:58 pm »
the imperial age one looks largely based on the spanish conquistadors, pretty cool though :)

Also, is the feather in the helmet and later the felt hat a carryover from the renaiisance and the last of the knights so to say? that is, the last of those who wore a full body set of armor.

Yes

Offline Golgrig

• Star Castle Cadet
  • I am Will Wright's complete lack of suprise.
    • View Profile
« Reply #259 on: January 27, 2006, 02:22:40 pm »
very.. very.. cool!

cant wait to see early global age soildiers.... I imagine that they look loike the doughboys of WWI
or the information age.
"6.4 Um's per minute" or "The Speed of Wright

An adventurer in the land of who gives a ****

The idea is to mix one ingredient that will burn very fast with a second ingredient that will supply enough oxygen for that burning. This burns so fast, it's an explosion.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #260 on: January 27, 2006, 03:11:12 pm »
sorry I'm new at this, but could anyone tell me how i can put my picture on a post. I want to start my own topic about my creature t and i got my drawing ready but i can't figure it out :-\
Four Feet Good, Two Feet Bad!

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #261 on: January 27, 2006, 03:23:13 pm »
You have to host it.

You can try:

http://www.imgcity.net/
http://imageshack.us/

That's all I can remember right now. I use imgcity, but it's up to you which you want.

Offline Derk

• Space Invaders Junkie
  • My TEEF!
    • View Profile
« Reply #262 on: January 27, 2006, 03:37:46 pm »
Four Feet Good, Two Feet Bad!

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #263 on: January 27, 2006, 03:45:26 pm »
If you use imgcity:

Click on the browse button:

Then navigate to where you picture is:

Then click the upload button. After it's uploaded, select this text:

and paste that here.

Let me know if you still have questions.

P.S. Sorry to hijack your thread, Hydro, just trying to help out a fellow forumer.
« Last Edit: January 27, 2006, 03:48:36 pm by Oviraptor »

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #264 on: January 27, 2006, 08:15:57 pm »
No problem Oviraptor  ;)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #265 on: January 28, 2006, 03:29:21 am »

Here are some coins in which have evolved over the ages. As the ages improve and the higher the cost goes the more advanced the money has gotten. This is money around Imperial Age. If you look carefully you can read the numbers from my Naucean numbers. The coins come in 2 - Bone, 4 - Copper, 8 - Tin, 16 - Bronze, 24 - Iron, 32 - Silver, 64 - Gold. There is also the 80 - Platinum (not shown). Over the ages the material and styles have changed. Also depending upon the leading tribe has changed it too. Sadly by the time of the Nano Age none of these coins are used and all currency is electronic. Thus making these only collectors items.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:48:55 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #266 on: January 28, 2006, 06:39:28 am »
The coins dont neccesarily have to follow the same order of value as they do on earth.Gold has only artificial value because of its rarity. On naucea i'm assuming the abundance of metals matches that of earth. The ancient egyptians valued silver more highly than gold because of the abundance of gold in that area... just a thought. Although i notice iron is valued more highly than copper or tin which is a reverse of how it is on earth.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
« Reply #267 on: January 28, 2006, 03:22:32 pm »
Also, there could be materials that are not on Earth due to maybe a mixing of elements making a different stone or mineral on other planets by maybe a climate change or such.
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #268 on: January 28, 2006, 06:29:15 pm »
Also, there could be materials that are not on Earth due to maybe a mixing of elements making a different stone or mineral on other planets by maybe a climate change or such.

Well any planet will still have the same elements on the periodic table. I don't think we will find a new metal unless it is alien made.
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 10:50:20 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Quantum Burrito

• K.C. Munchkin Maestro
  • Up, Down, Strange, Charm, Top, Bottom, Burrito
    • View Profile
« Reply #269 on: January 28, 2006, 07:04:00 pm »
Yes, but put a few together and you get... KNaO, Potassium Sodroxide! (which, due to its improbability would be very valuble, *wink, wink, nudge, nudge*
Quote from: The Will
In a movie, one can always pull back and condemn the character or the artist ... But in playing a game ... we can be encouraged to examine our own values by seeing how we behave within virtual space.
tl;dr. But with all those shiny symbols and numbers it's probably awsome.