Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 717668 times)

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #2400 on: April 25, 2008, 07:24:58 pm »
In some ways i am glad they did not do any of my creatures. (not that it was a big chance of that) I am not sure anyone but me could do the justest. But then again some of them was spot of i think. I bet the Naucean will be one of the hardest creatures to recreate. It was a good try of Guillaume Pierre.
Check out my Creatures.
The Ęthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2401 on: April 26, 2008, 03:37:30 am »
Lucky you..  >:( But I think they should have made the other veteran creatures aswell, not LadyMs' creature and Ovis' creature just cause they are mods <.<  >.>

But Petikes creature is up there to! Guess he was lucky :P

Being a mod had nothing to do with being picked. They liked the creature, apparently they looked at a lot of them and reasons for choosing each one. We've also been very active members of this community for a very long time. They've been reading our forums since the beginning. It's a shame you feel that Ovi and I don't deserve to be picked, we put as much effort into our creatures as did Hydro.

Yes maybe, but I still think there are people that have put more work into their creatures, their creatures beeing more "classic" around here, like the ViS, the Torpal, etc.

And in some way I feel that they "deserve" it a bit more, I don't mean to offend you, but thats what I think.
@davidramnero

gec05

« Reply #2402 on: April 26, 2008, 07:49:04 am »
I'd say there's quite a few who deserve it. Perhaps if Maxis is willing to do a future series of fan concepts in the coming months.

Perhaps you should also email your concepts to them instead of hoping they find yours since that's what Hydro pretty much did.

Offline Robertbobby91

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Don't forget to vote.
    • View Profile
    • If silence is golden, then my house is pyrite
« Reply #2403 on: April 26, 2008, 09:09:03 am »
how does I email Maxis?

Seriously, I don't know.
Visit my blog: http://robertbobby91.blogspot.com/

SAT: Critical Reading: 680 Math: 720,  Writing: 690,  essay: 12
WOOT! 2090 TOTAL!!!!

Offline Danzik

• Gyruss Gyrusian
    • View Profile
« Reply #2404 on: April 26, 2008, 08:33:10 pm »
Please don't post the emails of Maxis employees unless they've given permission to do so.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2405 on: April 26, 2008, 09:08:11 pm »
I'd say there's quite a few who deserve it. Perhaps if Maxis is willing to do a future series of fan concepts in the coming months.

Perhaps you should also email your concepts to them instead of hoping they find yours since that's what Hydro pretty much did.

They found me 1st btw. Way back when Will wanted to use my creatures in his GDc presentation back in 2006. Then I met them at E3 2006. It was not until recently that MaxisCactus contacted me like he did for the others who were featured. Remember they lurk on the forums. This forum just happened to be one of the earliest before other forums became dedicated to Spore.

Offline The Time Traveller

• Cobra Commander
  • Building a better yesterday tomorrow.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2406 on: April 26, 2008, 09:10:02 pm »
Do they have to have your personal information to do this sort of thing?
Warning: Hot.  Choking Hazard for children under 3.  Please do not exit until the vehicle comes to a complete stop.  EULA removes all human rights.  Special features are not rated.  Side effects include  cardiac arrest and spontaneous falling off of body parts.  May contain nuts.  Acts are being performed by trained proffesionals.  Results not typical.  Thank you for flying with United Airlines.

Offline Inkling

• S.T.U.N. Runner
  • Not a Squid.
    • View Profile
« Reply #2407 on: April 26, 2008, 09:45:47 pm »
Whatever you say, it's quite clear to me that they chose the creatures of site leaders.  LadyM and Ovi are mods, Hydro set the standard and has run at least two sites, Petreak is a mod at Sporesite.com (insert shameless plug here), Mason started the wiki site, and Wydraz does a Spore comic.  I don't know about the other two, but they are probably leaders of their respective sites as well.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing that they started with leaders of the fan community.
Probably not a Goat, either.

Offline Flak

• Missile Commander
    • View Profile
    • The Spore Zoo and Creature Cave
« Reply #2408 on: April 26, 2008, 11:33:17 pm »
Congrats Hydro, that is really an awesome honor. :D

No hate for anyone who was featured, it's awesome for all!!

I only "know" you though and I'm so happy for you. <3

Offline Huckbuck

• Balloon Fight Aerialist
    • View Profile
« Reply #2409 on: April 27, 2008, 05:15:27 am »
Lucky you..  >:( But I think they should have made the other veteran creatures aswell, not LadyMs' creature and Ovis' creature just cause they are mods <.<  >.>

But Petikes creature is up there to! Guess he was lucky :P
I guess it was a joke, (considering that I don't even have a creature) but I don't get it.  :-[

Sorry, mixed you up with Petreak xD
@davidramnero

Offline Yuu

• Civilization Emperor
  • = )
    • View Profile
    • KOSMOSIS CHRONICLES dA Page
« Reply #2410 on: May 03, 2008, 02:22:10 am »
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Naucans!

1. Julius Caesar wore a laurel wreath to cover up Naucans.
   2. Naucans were named after Naucans the taxi driver in Frank Capra's 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
   3. The pharoahs of ancient Egypt wore garments made with thin threads of beaten Naucans.
   4. Fish travel in schools, but whales travel in Naucans!
   5. All of the roles in Shakespeare's plays - including the female roles - were originally played by Naucans!
   6. Wearing headphones for an hour will increase the amount of Naucans in your ear 700 times.
   7. Twenty-eight percent of Microsoft's employees are Naucans.
   8. It takes 8 minutes for light to travel from the Sun's surface to Naucans.
   9. Naucans are worth their weight in gold - literally.
  10. Europe is the only continent that lacks Naucans.

:)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #2411 on: May 03, 2008, 05:31:36 am »
All those are untrue except for #7.

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #2412 on: May 03, 2008, 07:05:13 am »
That's from here: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=2111.msg523547#msg523547. I think he might have just gotten wee bit carried away. :P

Offline Mason11987

• Rally-X Roadster
    • View Profile
« Reply #2413 on: May 03, 2008, 08:48:46 am »
Whatever you say, it's quite clear to me that they chose the creatures of site leaders.  LadyM and Ovi are mods, Hydro set the standard and has run at least two sites, Petreak is a mod at Sporesite.com (insert shameless plug here), Mason started the wiki site, and Wydraz does a Spore comic.  I don't know about the other two, but they are probably leaders of their respective sites as well.  Don't get me wrong, I think it's a good thing that they started with leaders of the fan community.

I think that's spot on.  Due to the fact that while most of the creatures they picked were really cook, my swiftick, at least in the cellular stage, wasn't anything spectacular.  Though they did do a fantastic job recreating it.  It's possible they were just looking for a cellular version to display variety, but I think largely the way they chose was as you described.  I don't think saying that should be taken as an insult to anyone (and I'm not insulted myself) but it does appear that the choices were less for actual skill in design and more for name recognition among the community.  As I stated above that doesn't mean that actual skill in design didn't happen to come along, but at least in my example it's pretty clear that it wasn't the requirement for inclusion.

Though, a google look didn't find any obvious clues for ShadowOfaSpore and Saerain.  I'm gonna e-mail maxiscactus and ask about it to get a confirmation.

Strictly speaking I didn't start the wiki, though I did help with it a lot and come June and September will be preparing it for a major revamp.

Edit - Sent e-mail.
« Last Edit: May 03, 2008, 08:55:30 am by Mason11987 »
My Sporepedia page: http://www.spore.com/view/profile/Mason11987
On GS: http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=12609.0

Maxis and Spore - Bringing your imagination to life:

Offline Flisch

• H.E.R.O. Rescue Worker
  • Banned - 17/07/15
    • View Profile
« Reply #2414 on: May 03, 2008, 09:45:03 am »
Ten Top Trivia Tips about Naucans!

1. Julius Caesar wore a laurel wreath to cover up Naucans.
   2. Naucans were named after Naucans the taxi driver in Frank Capra's 'It's a Wonderful Life'.
   3. The pharoahs of ancient Egypt wore garments made with thin threads of beaten Naucans.
   4. Fish travel in schools, but whales travel in Naucans!
   5. All of the roles in Shakespeare's plays - including the female roles - were originally played by Naucans!
   6. Wearing headphones for an hour will increase the amount of Naucans in your ear 700 times.
   7. Twenty-eight percent of Microsoft's employees are Naucans.
   8. It takes 8 minutes for light to travel from the Sun's surface to Naucans.
   9. Naucans are worth their weight in gold - literally.
  10. Europe is the only continent that lacks Naucans.
  11. Yuu can't spell Naceans properly.

<_<

>_>
There is, of course, a difference between having a laugh with someone, and having a laugh at their expense