Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 730911 times)

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #120 on: January 08, 2006, 02:46:04 pm »
To raikitsune:

The jungle tribe don't becuse for one they are more tribal and have not advanced to develop "floot" techology. Also they use their tenticles more to climb in the jungle trees.

To Areku, huggkruka and Zuka:

I say they are called "floots" becuase i made them. You can call their feet "fleet" if you want but they are the front limbs so they would really be more like "flands" (flipper-hands).

To smjjames:

The Naucean scientist did not need goggles on his smaller eyes becuse he closes them. Also he uses those smaller eye to see the stuff without having to take off the goggles. Sicne the goggles are for a higher maginafication.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #121 on: January 08, 2006, 02:49:09 pm »
oh, I thought it was functioning like safety glasses or safety goggles. cool then.

Offline raikitsune

• Intellivision Junkie
  • Ogbogistahni
    • View Profile
« Reply #122 on: January 08, 2006, 03:37:15 pm »
ahhhh ok so at the later age though will they still have such diversity or will they have become a single race type?

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #123 on: January 08, 2006, 04:49:01 pm »
This is all so cool. I wan't to think of something as totally awesome as this but I can't sem to get my mind around it unlesss I'm actually woring in the editor. Hooray for you.
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #124 on: January 08, 2006, 05:21:27 pm »
ahhhh ok so at the later age though will they still have such diversity or will they have become a single race type?

Well it will be a mixture. The River tribe is the dominant political tribe, but other races will be included. Sorrta like how America came from the British empire then split and now we have many diffrent races within the US not just the "white British" race it was orginal created by.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #125 on: January 09, 2006, 02:52:54 pm »

Well it will be a mixture. The River tribe is the dominant political tribe, but other races will be included. Sorrta like how America came from the British empire then split and now we have many diffrent races within the US not just the "white British" race it was orginal created by.
Or even the British empire itself: read your history! Why do you think the British enjoy curry so much? ;)

That geneticist is mighty cool, if you draw a few Cryoeltans I'll give exclusive rights for the Nauceans to be the Cryoeltan's first contact :). If you do a really good job I'll even say the Nauceans were the ones that uplifted the Cryoeltans and sped their evolution
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline Genusaus

• Dragster Diehard
  • "She Who Thirsts"
    • View Profile
« Reply #126 on: January 09, 2006, 03:13:11 pm »
Err he was only giving one example try to say all of the multi-cultural countries and it's history yourself >< but I liked the size differences like the Jungle tribe being small and having different tools and weapons actually very very different. I also like how the tentacles were used in that instrument.
The power of purple! The Hundred Years War, which was won by the French started on the year of 1337.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #127 on: January 09, 2006, 05:18:10 pm »
Hydro, you missed my other question 'Also, is the bandanna which is the same color as the gloves, a sort of clan symbol or something or does it have a more pratical use like covering the mouth? because in the bronze age the bandanna is used to signify what tribe they are in.'

just pointing it out.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #128 on: January 09, 2006, 10:43:25 pm »
Hydro, you missed my other question 'Also, is the bandanna which is the same color as the gloves, a sort of clan symbol or something or does it have a more pratical use like covering the mouth? because in the bronze age the bandanna is used to signify what tribe they are in.'

just pointing it out.

The bandanna is the tribal colors. but one in the UFO age it is the rank designation. That green color means he is a scientist or doctor. It also can cover the mouth yes.

Offline smjjames

• Out Run Speedster
    • View Profile
« Reply #129 on: January 09, 2006, 11:15:47 pm »
cool then :)

Although I'd imagine them having something more elaborate as far as military rankings. I know they no longer want to fight wars by the time they reach UFO era, but they could still keep a military force for various reasons and there would certainly be some kind of police force.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #130 on: January 09, 2006, 11:32:51 pm »
Well there will alwys be crime so police for sure. and millitary for defense against hostile aliens. You can't just be a passive species that cannot defend themselves. However they are not up to start picking fights with other species.

Offline Sparr

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #131 on: January 10, 2006, 12:10:10 pm »
I think 'no longer wanting to fight' would be unrealistic whichever way you look at it, especially with the other 'primitive' tribes around.  I'm sure they'd be more than willing to fight anyone and each other.

You could just sidestep it and say they were all 'brought up to speed', but I'm sure each 'race' would still hate each other in some way.

Offline crippits

• Donkey Kong King
  • Insert Llama noise here.
    • View Profile
« Reply #132 on: January 10, 2006, 12:12:41 pm »
pride is a hard thing to kill...

Bow before the Llamas! They demand your respect!

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #133 on: January 11, 2006, 04:01:20 am »

Here is a map of the Naucean known world (may add more in the Eastern Hemesphere).

Ea Ocean
The Global Ocean which is unpopulated by the Nauceans because of such deep water.

Apsu Sea
The Naucean "Cradle of Civilization". They are the original tribe of the nauceans and all tribe trace their roots to them. Its a shallow sea full of undersea vents. This is perfect for underwater metallurgy. It also has alot of coral reefs due to its shallowness. These too are keep for toolmaking.

Adad Bay
Currently an uninhabited bay that has yet to be populated by the Nauceans. Though the water is a bit deeper than the Apsu Sea. However this bay is rich in natural gas.

Shutu Coast
This coast is full of hurricanes and is very windy due to the mixture of the West and East Winds colliding. So much so that the Jungle tribe has moved more inland to the jungle rather than being a coastal tribe.

Beletseri Desert
The dryest part of the planet. This region gets very little rain despite it touching the Apsu Sea. This is however the home of the desert tribe. They live only along the river that comes down from the North.

Ninsun Plains
This is the home of the Grassland tribe. They are always at war with the River tribe, Desert Tribe and Mountain Tribe over this precious farmland. It is not to hot like the jungles or desert but are not to cold like the Mountains.

Ennugi Forest
This is the home of the popular River tribe. It is full of temprate palms and tall bamboo-like grasses. However it is to luch for large scale farming like the grasslands. Despite other tribes living by rivers this tribe is the only tribe to actually have home in the river. Which is why they are not called the Forest tribe, though they could be.

Tammzu Jungle
This very lush and wet jungle are so extensive that the jungle tribe has only populated only a faction of it. The deeper you go the smaller the Jungle tribe gets in height.

Dumuzi Swamp
This is home to the swamp tribe. Due to no solid land or completely clear water they constantly build mud homes. Despite their love of the earth they are still very much aquatic like the river and ocean tribes.

Amurru Mountains
This is home to both the Mountain and the Cave tribes. The Mountain tribe lives above on the icy land while the Cave tribe live deep within the caves full of water and glowing lichen. The cave tribe originally came from the Mountain tribe but went underground after the Grassland Tribes worst battle. Those who stayed are the current Mountain tribe.

Tribal Lineage

I.   Ocean Tribe

IA.   Desert Tribe
IB.   Swamp Tribe
IC.   Jungle Tribe
ID.   River Tribe

ID1.   Grassland Tribe
ID2.   Mountain Tribe

ID2a.   Cave tribe
« Last Edit: June 19, 2007, 09:41:35 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #134 on: January 11, 2006, 04:48:56 pm »
I think they need another continent.
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.