Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 732259 times)

Offline Samog

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • objectivists are dumb
    • View Profile
    • -
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #45 on: December 08, 2005, 01:44:18 pm »
I might start one of these topics soon. Get your preorders in today and tell all your friends!
"Fine. Don't believe me. I'm not lying. all your laziness which you mistake for something funney is driving me insane, quit fooling around!  dude this is just wrong, very wrong. reality does not consist of constrained language. go lock this thread malt. I love the payment."4MOD

Offline Connor(sporefreak)

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #46 on: December 15, 2005, 01:23:17 pm »
I cant figure how to color things on gmax ):

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #47 on: December 15, 2005, 05:52:30 pm »
Its on the far right side called "material editor"

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #48 on: December 15, 2005, 07:07:32 pm »
Hey, I'm a developing artist and am looking for things to draw because I can't decide for myself on what to draw.

I also want to make a creature but can't think of anything (though if I had an idea I can refine it, but can't make my own.)

So,if anyone wants me to draw their creature concepts I'd be happy to do it, and for free too!
Just ask k?

Offline Oviraptor

• R-Type Force Pod
  • tastes just like chicken
    • View Profile
    • Oviraptor's World
« Reply #49 on: December 15, 2005, 07:13:35 pm »
Try dawing this: http://gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=1532.msg40141#msg40141

I drew it in a hurry, and with a dull pencil, but I think you can grasp the idea.

Offline Krakow Sam

• Dungeon Sieger
  • Stern dissaproval
    • View Profile
« Reply #50 on: December 16, 2005, 02:25:42 am »
Hey, I'm a developing artist and am looking for things to draw because I can't decide for myself on what to draw.

I also want to make a creature but can't think of anything (though if I had an idea I can refine it, but can't make my own.)

So,if anyone wants me to draw their creature concepts I'd be happy to do it, and for free too!
Just ask k?

Try drawing the evolution of the fish in "Spore for the BBS" and the silicon dealies in "yet another spore BBS" located in the forum games section.
Sam is basically right, he's just cranky.

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #51 on: December 16, 2005, 04:37:32 pm »
Hmm I'll try to draw those, but I must mention that I'm not really that great of an artist, just to warn you not to expect too much.

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #52 on: December 16, 2005, 05:48:59 pm »
Hmm I'll try to draw those, but I must mention that I'm not really that great of an artist, just to warn you not to expect too much.

Plese if ya do post it in a new thread. You have kinda hicked this one since this is supose to be to my Naucean creature.

Or this one ...

http://gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=1532.0

Offline MetallicDragon

• Apprentice Enchanter
    • View Profile
« Reply #53 on: December 16, 2005, 07:10:49 pm »
hehe, sorry...

but I have to say, your art puts mine to shame :P

Offline Vivec

• Gauntlet Wizard
  • The truth has vanished into darkness...
    • View Profile
« Reply #54 on: December 20, 2005, 08:08:57 pm »
hehe, sorry...

but I have to say, your art puts mine to shame :P

So there's another good idea for putting in in another thread.  :D
Vivec, you're the best forum member ever.

Offline Kishmond

• Ultima III Time Lord
  • Alfalfa Mainframe
    • View Profile
    • I'll Eat Your Brains
« Reply #55 on: December 20, 2005, 09:51:42 pm »
Okay, here is my completely well-thought-out creature idea  ;D

The Snamu start out as hunchbacked, woolly creatures that like bugs and small mammals to eat. It would probably live in small tribes called Nemevacs, which lived in improvised shelters called Sevacs. After developing into basic civilizations, most Snamu would develop a jumpy, suspicious attitude towards other tribes, often getting into trouble with each other. The discovery of industrialization would lead the Snamu to pursue a never-quenching thirst for power, where at least one Yrtnuoc group was fighting with another through complicated internal disputes. They were a very confusing society, trying their best to find out anything about everything, whatever they couldn't figure out, they made up stories about to tell to small children and, in some cases, monkeys. They would very frequently enslave other species of their homeworld, H'Trae, for either entertainment or food.
   The onset of genetic modification and single-system space travel gave much power to a single Snamu that a whole bunch were hiding out in the wilderness of H'Trae, performing experiments and creating more and more horribly effective ways to kill each other. These methods became so effective that while they killed each other with large-scale results, they also killed their own planet. At least, that's what they (if They were still alive) thought. What really happened wa that an alien race of one-eyed, pigeon-toed flying purple people eaters that frequented H'Trae got so annoyed because those darn Snamu couldn't take a hint if it blew up their planet, so they did.

There, the result of 4 hours of solid-minded thinking. Completely. Really...
« Last Edit: December 20, 2005, 09:53:58 pm by Kishmond »
Yeah, [Kishmond] came back from Africa, but the ponies have him now.

Offline Connor(sporefreak)

• Space Invaders Junkie
    • View Profile
« Reply #56 on: December 21, 2005, 12:47:05 pm »
What sizee would a Naucean be compared to a Human?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #57 on: December 22, 2005, 12:42:49 am »
What sizee would a Naucean be compared to a Human?

I belive i said it before but here ya go.

Size: 10 to 12ft long (females), 8 to 10 ft long (males)
Weight: 300 to 400 lbs (females), 200 to 300 lbs (males)

Offline Interitus

• Mr. Do! Disciple
  • You just blipped on my radar
    • View Profile
« Reply #58 on: December 22, 2005, 02:44:12 am »
On the evoloution pictures you show large muscle on the rear legs, suggesting they are the main form of locomotion. Wouldn't the rear legs then develop into the legs seen for your current model? And the forearms would basically, become nothing.  You might want to think of reversing it to that it pulls itself with it's powerful front legs which leads to their development.. unless there is something I missed..

I was wondering if the tail is rigid or not. A rigid tail would cause better counter-balance but would decease agility. While a flexible tail wouldn't be quite as effective for counter-balance, that I can imagine. At any rate with a tail that size in proportions to the creature you can by no means call it agile.
My karma ran over your dogma

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #59 on: December 22, 2005, 03:02:51 am »
On the evoloution pictures you show large muscle on the rear legs, suggesting they are the main form of locomotion. Wouldn't the rear legs then develop into the legs seen for your current model? And the forearms would basically, become nothing.  You might want to think of reversing it to that it pulls itself with it's powerful front legs which leads to their development.. unless there is something I missed..

I was wondering if the tail is rigid or not. A rigid tail would cause better counter-balance but would decease agility. While a flexible tail wouldn't be quite as effective for counter-balance, that I can imagine. At any rate with a tail that size in proportions to the creature you can by no means call it agile.

I acually did the evolution backwards. Meaning i made the Naucean firs and then mae an anestor before that and before that and before that.. until i got back to a single cell guy. rather than building it up to the Naucean.

As for the tail it works with a blood filled system. with the blood is not in the spinal collum then it is "limp" and easy to move. But when the blood is inside it is "stiff" and "ridged". The same type of method is used for .. ahem ... a certain male organ.
« Last Edit: December 22, 2005, 03:08:59 am by Hydromancerx »