Poll

No Poll

Author Topic: Naucean - My New Creature  (Read 730673 times)

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
Re: Naucean - My New Creature
« Reply #1965 on: March 16, 2007, 06:42:17 pm »
I still want to make the Zyyo (or combine the Zyyo and Zolyg In spore), but I'm worried that If I stretch the spine It wont drop down like It's supposed to. I'd probably need to use the tentacle limb wont I?
For a second, I was gonna ask "WTF DOES THAT HAVE TO DO WITH TENTACLES?!"

Back on topic (A first for me :P): Im not sure if there is real physics, cause alot of creatures that would of course fall over have not. So you may or may not have to.

Offline shade94

• Brain Games Mastermind
    • View Profile
« Reply #1966 on: March 16, 2007, 08:30:50 pm »
Biologically it works like an elephants trunk. All muscle.

In in Spore they have tentacle arms. So it would have worked if it did not bug out and duplicate the tentacles so many times.

Elephant trunks flop down, as seen when Robin Willims made one, so I suspect that the tentacles will flop down when not in use. Unless you know something I don't (which isn't surprising since I'm a newbie) I can't find a way for the tentacles to rest inside the Pseudo-Mandible in the game. Mind clearing that up for me?
Clicky!

Is it just me, or is everything white?

Offline Hydromancerx

• Master of Orion
  • Klaatu Barada Nikto!
    • View Profile
    • Sagan 4
« Reply #1967 on: March 16, 2007, 11:07:24 pm »
Biologically it works like an elephants trunk. All muscle.

In in Spore they have tentacle arms. So it would have worked if it did not bug out and duplicate the tentacles so many times.

Elephant trunks flop down, as seen when Robin Willims made one, so I suspect that the tentacles will flop down when not in use. Unless you know something I don't (which isn't surprising since I'm a newbie) I can't find a way for the tentacles to rest inside the Pseudo-Mandible in the game. Mind clearing that up for me?

You can place objects anywhere. If you noticed Robin Williams put a nose on the big nose.

So I would do it like this...

Note that the trunk in the Robin Willians video drooped flat while the tentacles in the editor had actually bone parts inside when you used them. Like elbow joints but many many of them.

Of course if i can pull out the spine at 2 points then i will do that instead. But one arm with one join connecting should allow for the illusion of a bottom jaw that moves up and down while the top jaw will be static. Of course i could do it the opposite with if i wanted with the spine pulled out and ad the arm on the top. But the way i have the Nauceans that top jaw is static anyways.
« Last Edit: March 16, 2007, 11:09:49 pm by Hydromancerx »

Offline Yokto

• Street Fighter
  • Do not feed the Giant Gnawling.
    • View Profile
« Reply #1968 on: March 17, 2007, 04:03:40 am »
Well be intersting to see it in spore. Im sure you can do it :)
Check out my Creatures.
The Æthirans
The Echin
The Jinnivons
Star Citizen Ref code: STAR-JLJP-LRTC
When you singing up use code and get 5000 credits for free ;)

Offline vbGamer

• Sea Battler
    • View Profile
« Reply #1969 on: March 17, 2007, 08:28:10 am »
How could someone possibly hate the Nauceans? i mean, they're practically as famous as the Willosaur.

Yep. Those are the two creatures I'd like to download into my game, and place on their own planets. I'd like both to interact with eachother, but I wonder how that's gonna work...  ;D

Offline Neonlare

• Dragster Diehard
  • The Hira-Bira Cometh...
    • View Profile
« Reply #1970 on: March 17, 2007, 08:57:15 am »
This is why I don't like the idea of the game not being "Multiplayer" because of the way creatures would act, sure, they have sliders and such for personality types, but various tactics discussed and used wouldn't actually work as A.I...

There's also the problem that races might be penned on their own planet, not doing anything.
Nurizeko

"What the hell is this? your TV is broken..."
<light being> "*droooool* jesus look at those tones"

Offline Cirrial

• Pong Paddle
    • View Profile
« Reply #1971 on: March 17, 2007, 05:09:07 pm »
Kay. I really hate to have my first post here be a slightly derailing one, but I'd just like to point out this was the thread that won me over while I contemplated registering here.

"Inspired" doesn't seem adequate. Hell, the amount of development for this species, well, it's such a refreshing change from the typical stale well of clichés most sci-fi authors resort to when devising aliens. I can't exactly say my own creations aren't free of the same flaws - I really need to just pick one species and develop it to this extent. The sheer amount of effort you must have put into this boggles the mind. o_o I'd applaud heartily if it wasn't for the internet being the silent medium it usually is.

Yeah, when I get Spore, the Nauceans will be the first species I'll be looking out for in order to assimilate them into my universe. Presuming they're not on a higher plane of existance at the time, obviously.
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 05:15:33 pm by Cirrial »

Offline nuclearchinchila

• Dragster Diehard
    • View Profile
« Reply #1972 on: March 17, 2007, 05:51:22 pm »
You can place objects anywhere. If you noticed Robin Williams put a nose on the big nose.

So I would do it like this...

Note that the trunk in the Robin Willians video drooped flat while the tentacles in the editor had actually bone parts inside when you used them. Like elbow joints but many many of them.

Of course if i can pull out the spine at 2 points then i will do that instead. But one arm with one join connecting should allow for the illusion of a bottom jaw that moves up and down while the top jaw will be static. Of course i could do it the opposite with if i wanted with the spine pulled out and ad the arm on the top. But the way i have the Nauceans that top jaw is static anyways.

For the bottom jaw, using an arm seems like the best idea but what about covering up the sides of the real beak?  What if you used some fin-like parts and placed them on the sides of the arms and angled them upwards to at least partially cover the beak.  Think that would work?

Offline sltlamina

• Sinistar Worker
  • Readin this? You just wasted a second of your life
    • View Profile
« Reply #1973 on: March 17, 2007, 05:56:04 pm »
or try getting a big mouth and open It and put all your crap In It >:(... Joking :D, I was saying that sentence normally but Just wanted to confuse you with that smiley!...yup ::) :P
« Last Edit: March 17, 2007, 07:26:58 pm by sltlamina »

Offline Doctor Z

• Space Harrier
    • View Profile
« Reply #1974 on: March 17, 2007, 06:26:17 pm »
or try getting a big mouth and open It and put all your crap In It >:(...you Joking, I was saying that sentence normally but Just wanted to confuse you with that smiley!...yup ::) :P
I think I speak for most when I say "HUH?!" and "What are you on?"

Offline Kratok

• Turkey Shoot Terminator
  • Probably dead at this point!
    • View Profile
    • [url=http://la-mulana.com/en/][img]http://la-mulana.com/banner/half_banner3.gif[/img][/url]
« Reply #1975 on: March 17, 2007, 06:50:26 pm »
Kay. I really hate to have my first post here be a slightly derailing one, but I'd just like to point out this was the thread that won me over while I contemplated registering here.

"Inspired" doesn't seem adequate. Hell, the amount of development for this species, well, it's such a refreshing change from the typical stale well of clichés most sci-fi authors resort to when devising aliens. I can't exactly say my own creations aren't free of the same flaws - I really need to just pick one species and develop it to this extent. The sheer amount of effort you must have put into this boggles the mind. o_o I'd applaud heartily if it wasn't for the internet being the silent medium it usually is.

Yeah, when I get Spore, the Nauceans will be the first species I'll be looking out for in order to assimilate them into my universe. Presuming they're not on a higher plane of existance at the time, obviously.
Quote this and post it where your supposed to say your joining, and you might be favored
Untill then this will be, except for people that are here to help you, the most attention you will get here on this post or anything related to it.

gec05

« Reply #1976 on: March 17, 2007, 07:01:07 pm »
(this is off topic) Kratok's right, very good post but you will only receive a murmured applause for it. I suggest you give youself a more formal introduction somewhere in the more popular Spore threads.

As for Hydro's current blueprint of constructing a Naucean, I highly, highly, highly doubt that will look good using an arm for the lower jaw. I still even have doubts about how good the upper nose will look. I know your experience with the Spore editor was breif Hydro so I know that won't be the final blueprint once you have more experience with it.

Offline Ichthyostega

• Rally-X Roadster
  • Behold! The fanhorn from the planet Snaiad.
    • View Profile
    • Ichthyostegland
« Reply #1977 on: March 17, 2007, 07:18:43 pm »
You could just pick a dinosaur-like mouth for the psuedognath (my great idea for a scientific term for the fake jaws) and put a beak within it. The manipulative tentacles stick out from the side of the psuedognath (you know what I mean), and put the rest of the handless tentacles in the mouth near the beak.
Ichthyostega

Offline Fatalfist

• Crazy Climber Cuckoo
    • View Profile
« Reply #1978 on: March 17, 2007, 08:00:19 pm »
maybe will and his team will make a special mouth just for the nauceans. :)

Offline Netherflare

• Time Pilot Trekker
  • Peski's > You
    • View Profile
« Reply #1979 on: March 17, 2007, 09:15:51 pm »
maybe will and his team will make a special mouth just for the nauceans. :)

if it causes another month of spore to be delayed, then no!  ;D
I Want Patience, and I Want It NOW!

Peskitoriantais - http://www.gamingsteve.com/blab/index.php?topic=5046.0
Violandro - http://violandro.myminicity.com/